Not guilty! - Page 3

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Not guilty!

This is a discussion on Not guilty! within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; @RPD , while never a soldier, I have PTSD. It's stems from the drinking problem my mom had from my age of 5 through 14. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Not guilty!

@RPD, while never a soldier, I have PTSD. It's stems from the drinking problem my mom had from my age of 5 through 14. My dad committed her four times to treatment and detox, and none of it took. My problem was (and you are going to find this hard to believe) but I have a 'wise mouth.' My mom and I tangled. She even tried to concoct things I never did to drive a wedge between myself and my dad.

And this underlines your observation. The reason that I went bonkers there from 18 to 28 was directly related to mental illness. I still have a therapist.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    A medic involved in the situation claimed responsibility for killing the turd. This same medic already had immunity (so nothing to lose) and another grunt saying that the accused did not do it. An odd case to say the least.
    Sadly, I get the purpose of the ruse.

We teach people that "defending your friends" is the proper thing to do. The argument goes awry when you feel that any transgression endangers your "family." Would you defend your cousins--why, of course you would. Would a contingent of soldiers defend their platoon--yes, and probably for all the wrong reasons. Would a biker deliberately testify falsely in a courtroom procedure--yikes, that's only happened a few thousand times just in my county!

There has to be a line where kinship does not trump the expression of the truth. Having said that, I would happily lie to keep a brother out of prison.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    @RPD, while never a soldier, I have PTSD. It's stems from the drinking problem my mom had from my age of 5 through 14. My dad committed her four times to treatment and detox, and none of it took. My problem was (and you are going to find this hard to believe) but I have a 'wise mouth.' My mom and I tangled. She even tried to concoct things I never did to drive a wedge between myself and my dad.

And this underlines your observation. The reason that I went bonkers there from 18 to 28 was directly related to mental illness. I still have a therapist.
    Actually, the more mentally fit a person is before the trauma, the more it will affect them. Those who are psychotic to begin with will have little or no PTSD.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

In other words, those Marines who used their Ka-Bars to pry the gold teeth out of dead or dying Japs, or the guys in Nam who cut off and kept ears as trophies of their “kills” probably never lost any sleep to PTSD.
    The things humans, supposedly the most advanced species, do to each other in war can not even be imagined by people who were never there.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The things humans, supposedly the most advanced species, do to each other in war can not even be imagined by people who were never there.
    I don't think it's only a recognized "combat zone" that brings out the worst in people. For my money, it's just "abject fear."

Even when I sit and drink my coffee at the mall (and my wife is with me) and I hear some banger shoot his mouth off, I instinctually "clear my coat." I am not in any immediate danger, nor am I a party to whatever is brewing--that's for Security and the police to solve.

This is just part of the modern world.

The problem with any "thing for a brother way of thinking" is it sounds good , but where does it end. Like some many things in the end the cover up is worst than than the event. He will retire at his high 36 regardless of the reduction. So he fist his last year and walk away likely.
    We will never know the truth of what happen. Maybe we should not know. often in my career witnessed less serious action swept under the rug or flat ignored only to have them come back with a higher cost latter. When lower ranked soldiers see someone they know do wrong and they are aloud to slide by it feeds that idea that there are 3 sets of rules. One for those with commission, Higher ranking NCO's and E-1,-E-4. If if there is not the lower ranking believe there is anyway. there are often better ways to deal with minor infraction than Article 15's. However when those action are committed by NCO's or officers the effect on lower ranks must be considered. If it is not public knowledge you have some room to work with it. But when it is witnessed by others it must be handled in away that does not show special treatment. All sounds easy until you are the one making the recommendation to the CO. Even worst when it is someone you have served with for years.
    What we know is things got way out of hand. Someone in custody was killed. We have one story and there is the truth. Witch is witch. Justice has been done according to the regs. He was tried and found not guilty on all but 1 charge. The reduction in rank and fine won't kill him in the end he will recover. In the end the Seals have a black eye. One that will be exploited by many that have no idea what the environment those people functioned in does to a man. As a leader always remember rules ,regs do mean something and can not just be ignored. Some times you are left with no options but that should be rare.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    The problem with any "thing for a brother way of thinking" is it sounds good , but where does it end.
    I have not found "equal justice under the law" to apply in "The Peoples' Republik of Madison."

Ergo, if you are going to bend or break the law to embroil a biker in statutes that will not apply to normal citizens, then don't expect me to roll over for libtards violating their own laws.

We had to endure ten years of ridiculous helmet laws when car drivers were not saddled with seat belt laws until years later. If the law is rigged don't expect me to uphold it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links