Not guilty! - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Not guilty!

This is a discussion on Not guilty! within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; he fckin kill the bastards....no crime in that...they were bad folks...he just did it slower than some owould have... fuckin military aged male dead,,,,moving on...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Not guilty!

he fckin kill the bastards....no crime in that...they were bad folks...he just did it slower than some owould have... fuckin military aged male dead,,,,moving on

Made my day...............

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Denton likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

I'm conflicted.
    On the one hand, the one who died was an enemy.
    On the other hand, many of the team thought he was often out of line. We're not talking about a team of supply personnel but the best of the best.
    See the dilemma?
    As far as posing over a dead body for a picture was stupid as it was disrespectful of human life. At the end of the day, we are all puny humans with a finite time to figure out the truth. We should be sad for those who didn't figure it right.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

A wrong righted. We train these guys to kill bad people in bad places. Why should we expect anything less then a brutal ending.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Exactly. We train these guys to be the best killers in the world. Then send them into the worst places in the world to fight the most evil people in the world. Then REMFs impose stupid rules of engagement to handicap our troops. Makes no sense at all!

Asshole politicians insist on our guys being targets by playing Marcus and Queensbury rules while the other side does as it wants outside of the Geneva Conventions. I can read Plain English and it does not obligate a signatory to abide while the other side does not.. Libtard decoder ring from sending in theee box tops is the only way it says that.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

If we are going to send our people into harms way, then our people should fight in such a way that the enemy becomes scared shitless to engage. All this namby-pamby PC bullshit is a crock. I don’t know if the seal stabbed the guy or not. Either way, it’s all good. An enemy bomb maker got removed from the battlefield and that’s a good thing.

Now that this part is over, I’m all for sending the involved Navy prosecutors over to spend a tour in a front line unit so that these REMF clowns can get a dose of reality. And they should spend this tour carrying a rifle, not flying a desk!
    Camel923 likes this.

@Chiefster23, I have a theory on this. It's because Americans want to live the lives they see in Hollywood movies and on TV. Let me explain.

The Lone Ranger never killed anyone. In fact, I was watching "Gunsmoke" (I believe) with my dad in 1955 when the main plot of the story dealt with the hero, a Marshall, who accidentally kills a runaway bank robber. The Marshall never meant to, but the hold-up man's horse reared up at the last minute, and the Marshall's bullet went through the guy's kidneys instead of a clip to the shoulder. Lots of angst and breast-beating ensued over that plot.

That's the world America believes should be the panacea. I also believe that the American soldiers in Vietnam were stunned that anyone would shoot at them. After all, they all watched 'Mr. Roger's Neighborhood' as children.

Now, I make no secret of being an MC member, but I have never, ever, ever thrown an offensive punch. I never would, because among other things I am a Christian. In fact, if not for motorcycles, I wanted to attend De Sales Preparatory Seminary in Milwaukee to become a priest.

Now, with those credentials you'd assume it's all pretty sweet. Au contraire mon fraire! To the world, every guy on a bike drag races through subdivisions and defiles women by the dozen. Why? Well, that's what Peter Fonda did in several no-talent biker movies of the 1960s. And you know Americans, if it's on TV it must be true.

So, we send our boys into harm's way, and I'm surprised their load-out isn't stuffed with free tickets to Disney World. And what did they say about Vietnam? Well, we were there to stave off the villain, that being, those cranky North Vietnamese. After all, in America the hero always wins...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I'm conflicted.
    On the one hand, the one who died was an enemy.
    On the other hand, many of the team thought he was often out of line. We're not talking about a team of supply personnel but the best of the best.
    See the dilemma?
    As far as posing over a dead body for a picture was stupid as it was disrespectful of human life. At the end of the day, we are all puny humans with a finite time to figure out the truth. We should be sad for those who didn't figure it right.
    My thoughts, too.
    One can do what is expected of you in situations like this, and still remain fairly sane.
    However, if someone is mentally unfit to begin with, the combat atmosphere can really accelerate that. And you are correct, others had made note of his behavior previously.

On a good note, he shouldn't have to worry about PTSD. It is a known fact that the severity of the symptoms are directly related to your mental fitness beforehand.
    Denton likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

My Dad told me this story once about his time in Germany after WW2.

There was this one Sgt that everyone hated. One day during some training at the range, Sgt takes a round...in the ass. I don't remember if the Sgt died or they shipped him out of there pronto. I seem to remember Dad chuckling.

I also remember Dad telling me that a few months before he was to be discharged he began to carry a Clip Board around with him at all times. Why a Clip Board, Dad? I asked him.

He said, "There were so many new troops coming and going and I figured that only important soldiers carried Clip Boards so I figured I could walk around most days and people would think I was a VIP and not make me dig ditches or have to march or double time it around Germany all day! He also shipped a Volkswagen back to the States with him. I found that to be pretty funny as my Dad was a muscle car kinda guy.

The Clip Board story seems to be fairly solid reasoning and I've given that advise to a young person or two especially if they have a summer job at Home Depot, Lowes or the Wal Marts.

Last edited by Slippy; 07-03-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    Denton and A Watchman like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links