HELP! Mrs Slippy Done Gone CRAAAAAZYYY! - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

HELP! Mrs Slippy Done Gone CRAAAAAZYYY!

This is a discussion on HELP! Mrs Slippy Done Gone CRAAAAAZYYY! within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by The Tourist Slippy, Annie is right. Sometimes we get all wrapped up in our hobbies, and we have to reel ourselves back ...

View Poll Results: Has Mrs S;

Voters
14. This poll is closed
  • Done Gone Crazy

5 35.71%
  • Or am I in a Discombobulated Nightmare

9 64.29%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: HELP! Mrs Slippy Done Gone CRAAAAAZYYY!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Slippy, Annie is right. Sometimes we get all wrapped up in our hobbies, and we have to reel ourselves back in. I have purchased all the edged tools I need, want or lust over, and the real adult in all us must "know when to say when."

I think the old canard "boys and their toys" has an insulting yet very true edge to it. We like our "tchotchkes" and probably go a tad goofy if there's a package for us in the mail or even a new magazine. Yikes, my dog even likes new things, he's going crazy for sardines right now, but then, boys will be boys.

Here's what I did. Being practical, I found those "field strip technology" knives were what I really needed--but how did that effect my wife? Well, some of those items make great eating utensils, so when we go to my wife' favorite restaurant (which doesn't provide knives) I take two blades with me, one is for her.

Yes, yes, I lost a Tuxedo switchblade, but it was a small price to pay to have her guide me in my hobbies as a co-conspirator rather than a strident harpy stewing over the credit card bill.

Toys will come and go, but we both have decades or history with our mates. Let her inside your hobbies and beliefs.
    There's just something about getting someone the exactly right Christmas present. It's great. it doesn't even have to be something expensive, although it might be. I try to make sure I know what my family really wants for Christmas.

Gifts aren't the most important thing at Christmas, for sure. For myself, I don't even care what I get. Give me a good midnight Mass, and a successful dinner and I'm happy. But when I get it right and I'm giving the right gift it's like hitting the bullseye. I don't want to waste my money on useless junk they don't even want.
    A Watchman likes this.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

She has a point, and I voted that you are in a discombobolated nightmare, but she is still right. I am glad that I could help, and now I feel that I have contributed. Scornful lout that I am.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

After a couple days thinking on this one, it occurred to me that you might try the Ralph Kramden approach.

I'm not suggesting this will work. But I am looking for some guidance on how much pain to expect before I try this approach on Mrs Inor. Please let me know how it turns out...
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    After a couple days thinking on this one, it occurred to me that you might try the Ralph Kramden approach.

I'm not suggesting this will work. But I am looking for some guidance on how much pain to expect before I try this approach on Mrs Inor. Please let me know how it turns out...
    That made me smile.

On a side note, Alice Kramden played by Audrey Meadows was a great character. And a real cutie for her time. In real live Audrey Meadows was a good conservative who was quoted saying she "voted Republican because that was what America was, a Republic".
    Inor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post

The classics are still funny.

That tactic however, I can tell you with some authority, failed miserably when I tried tried it in my house. Proceed at your own risk.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 07-04-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    Inor and A Watchman like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links