Blindly Trusting in These 10 Fragile Systems Can Get You Killed
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Blindly Trusting in These 10 Fragile Systems Can Get You Killed

This is a discussion on Blindly Trusting in These 10 Fragile Systems Can Get You Killed within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Blindly Trusting in These 10 Fragile Systems Can Get You Killed | Grid Rebellion - Off The Grid Living Just finished my latest article. Have ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Blindly Trusting in These 10 Fragile Systems Can Get You Killed

Post Blindly Trusting in These 10 Fragile Systems Can Get You Killed

Blindly Trusting in These 10 Fragile Systems Can Get You Killed | Grid Rebellion - Off The Grid Living

Just finished my latest article. Have a read and let me know what you think. If you like it , please share! Thanks!

Have you ever stood on or rode something that seemed stable to you, but after you got on it, said “Woe, I almost broke my neck on that thing”. The first time I ever rode a horse was like that. It was a real nice friendly horse and we got along well but once our guide took us from the beginner trail onto the advanced trail, things got a little hairy and old Betsy almost backed off a cliff. First and last time I ever rode a horse. I was real comfortable riding her, but once the terrain changed, the risk had increased without me being able to have control over the outcome. We can be doing that every day and not even know about it. When all things being equal becomes not so equal, the systems we really on being stable become a death trap to us. We live complex lives; we rely on things to work without having to worry about how it all works. These 10 system are things we rely on every day to make our lives easier but they are becoming our worst nightmare.
    #1 – The Financial System

Today most people are aware of how the financial system and economy can drastically affect their lives. Most people know the hardship of what’s been called the great recession. If they haven’t lost their jobs or experienced a devaluation in their net worth, they undoubtedly know someone who has been. As I write this, the stock markets indexes are at record highs and the value of the dollar is also relatively high and we are told unemployment is going down. Can’t we assume that we are in a lasting recovery when these indicators look so favorable?

Links removed, enough spamming- TorontoGal
    Last edited by TG; 11-04-2014 at 07:32 AM.

Someone trying to get people to go to his website. Why does this seem familiar?
    hansonb4 likes this.

Well written. Actually, I already knew almost everything in this article, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded, and it might be a useful primer for new preppers. I liked the musical chairs analogy concerning the financial derivatives situation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Senior Member R.I.P.

Only the name of the spammer has changed.

Okay... So I read your post. Other than the fact that you did not break it into paragraphs, it was not painful read and I cannot say that I disagree with anything you wrote. But I did not learn anything from it either.

Maybe I am just being a prick because I really do not like people coming here just to promote their websites or hawk their wares, but what was the point of the post/article? If the point was to "wake people up" that the things we all depend on are in a precarious state, the only advice I can offer is to know your audience. We are a prepper website. Of course we know that society is in a tight spot right now. That is why we are all here.

If your goal is to raise awareness to the fact that they are living on a razor's edge, I commend you and wish you Godspeed. But posting that kind of article on a prepper website is kind of like telling us the sky is blue. But that is just my opinion.

Hello from Minnesota by the way...
    Last edited by Inor; 11-04-2014 at 06:35 AM.
    just mike and Jeep like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

no thanks
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

I noticed you have very little on the DEFENSE section and nothing on guns and ammo. Spend some time doing a little research on this forum. There is great info on many things, especially guns and ammo.
    just mike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gridrebellion View Post
    Blindly Trusting in These 10 Fragile Systems Can Get You Killed | Grid Rebellion - Off The Grid Living

Just finished my latest article. Have a read and let me know what you think. If you like it , please share! Thanks!

Have you ever stood on or rode something that seemed stable to you, but after you got on it, said “Woe, I almost broke my neck on that thing”. The first time I ever rode a horse was like that. It was a real nice friendly horse and we got along well but once our guide took us from the beginner trail onto the advanced trail, things got a little hairy and old Betsy almost backed off a cliff. First and last time I ever rode a horse. I was real comfortable riding her, but once the terrain changed, the risk had increased without me being able to have control over the outcome. We can be doing that every day and not even know about it. When all things being equal becomes not so equal, the systems we really on being stable become a death trap to us. We live complex lives; we rely on things to work without having to worry about how it all works. These 10 system are things we rely on every day to make our lives easier but they are becoming our worst nightmare.
    #1 – The Financial System

Today most people are aware of how the financial system and economy can drastically affect their lives. Most people know the hardship of what’s been called the great recession. If they haven’t lost their jobs or experienced a devaluation in their net worth, they undoubtedly know someone who has been. As I write this, the stock markets indexes are at record highs and the value of the dollar is also relatively high and we are told unemployment is going down. Can’t we assume that we are in a lasting recovery when these indicators look so favorable?

Links removed, enough spamming- TorontoGal

As the great W.C. Fields used to say; "Go away boy, ya bother me"
    Inor likes this.

What were the links to?

Ive moderated a few forums in the past, and the only time i ever believe in editing or deleting a thread is in the case of spam or mass posting. Otherwise i abhor moderating unneccicarily because it is essentially censorship. So was this stuff spam?

TG

Mass posting of a personal (with ads) website

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links