Protection your house and privisions from rats/mice - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Protection your house and privisions from rats/mice

This is a discussion on Protection your house and privisions from rats/mice within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; When we lived in the country there were indeed way more rats around, since they grow in the wild. We had traps, but they did ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Protection your house and privisions from rats/mice

When we lived in the country there were indeed way more rats around, since they grow in the wild. We had traps, but they did not always worked. We had a dog that ate all the rat poison we put out (it did not seem to make her any harm at all, so I have some doubts about the quality of said poison), so we had to only put it in high places.
    Now the irish soap is an interesting idea 🤔 I will look if I can find it around here.

We do it a bit differently here in Wisconsin. We do not use soap or poison to control mice. We have "Pluto."

It's a never-ending story, actually. The mouse chases a female mouse, and it looks like rampant breeding is afoot. Then comes along a loyal canine named 'Pluto.' Without poison, or traps, or exterminators, Pluto makes sure--in many bizarre and creative ways--that the mouse never gets to "taste the cheese" if you follow my non sequitur.

It's why we have dog. And like Pluto, our little mutt never allows our "cheese in bed."
    A Watchman likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

A good cat is great. As soon as a rodent gets inside it alerts to the presence of the vermin.

Even with a good "mouser", I leave traps and buckets out 24/7. If I get 1 I'm very vigilant looking for more/signs/droppins.

For my cabinets, I lined the backs with 1/4" galvanized mesh. They had vents and they would get into stores like rice befoe you knew they were inside. I also lined my root cellar with the same.

Using poison I avoid. Pets can eat it, or pets/wildlife eat the poisoned vermin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Protection your house and privisions from rats/mice-roxy-woodrack.jpg  

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Half mile west of where Jesus left His sandals.
    My cat is named Mouse Trap. For good reason.

Super Moderator

I use this for pest problems.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

We had a run in this winter with a raccoon or three. Someone left a couple of trail bars in a bag in a wooden shed over the winter and a raccoon chewed its way in, nested and left urine and scat everywhere. I spent almost a whole day cleaning and disinfecting that shed come Spring. Had to throw a few things away. Needless to say, the person who left the food got a piece of my mind. Follow up was to patch the wall and then line the bottom 3rd of the shed wall and the edge of the floor with some fine grade wire fencing I had on hand.
    Annie likes this.
    Working on my manifesto.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links