What's THE most important place to start as a prepper? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What's THE most important place to start as a prepper?

This is a discussion on What's THE most important place to start as a prepper? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Water it is the thing that will kill you first if you do not have it or a way to get it and make it ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: What's THE most important place to start as a prepper?

Water

it is the thing that will kill you first if you do not have it or a way to get it and make it drinkable

I can not tell you that you will NEED security or medical or even shelter

I can tell you - you will die without water..and then food
    Annie likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    I can tell you - you will die without water..and then food
    Thank you for the inspiration. I thought I had it covered.

I always have a sharp knife. To that, many wealthy libtards have acres of high-quality survival goods.

With my winning smile, I'll bet they would stand in line to give me stuff.

I always think of food, blankets, really good boots and tools. I never think of the water...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    “Start at the very beginning a very good place to start.”

I would start with a primitive camping trip...A primitive camping trip will teach the person you care about how important key resources and knowledge are.
    I think this is good, but only after educating yourself as @Illini Warrior already said--especially learning how to find and filter water. From there, you can build a bob; a 32 hour kit. I think if I had it to do over, that's where I'd start. That and a bug out plan. If you never have to use it, you've still got at least three days of basics on hand for a stay put SHTF situation....

Nobody wants to leave the comforts of home, but once that's done; once the bob's made, then building a hunker down stash is next. Starting with water.
    Last edited by Annie; 06-15-2019 at 02:31 PM.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    I agree with you 100%.

If I was to pick a "survival buddy," it would be Annie, for a good reason.

We are total opposites, and in the survival mode, that's a good thing. I know the stuff she doesn't (although she's a fast study), she knows the stuff I don't. For example, we'll need food in the TEOTWAWKI. No utensil can be thrown away, so where do you find a polisher as the world burns? Annie wouldn't have that problem.

Also, I watch those cooking vignettes she posts--and you should, too. She seems to be studying that art of making "something out of nothing." This concept will be invaluable when your tummy is empty and marauding hordes keep you on the move.

Here's an example. Annie just did a vignette on what looked to me as just a "bag of seeds." I read that article, and by golly I learned something.
    I think women tend to think a little more of food preps, men think more about firearms and protection. That's in general. Not always,but it's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I think women tend to think a little more of food preps, men think more about firearms and protection. That's in general. Not always,but it's normal.
    You give the idea of "men" too much credit. Oh, you tell us we're big and strong, and have weapons and offer protection. Oy, vey, I've been married for almost 40 years! The only "manly man" stuff I do around here is get the mail and open stubborn pickle jars!
    bigwheel likes this.

You give the idea of "men" too much credit. Oh, you tell us we're big and strong, and have weapons and offer protection. Oy, vey, I've been married for almost 40 years! The only "manly man" stuff I do around here is get the mail and open stubborn pickle jars!
    Thought I was the only old geezer who has been led astray like that. Misery loves company. Howdy.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Thought I was the only old geezer who has been led astray like that. Misery loves company. Howdy.
    Well, perhaps I was too theatrical on this sensitive topic. Heck, we can't even slay dragons anymore without P.E.T.A. hunting us down instead. I remember the exact moment I knew women were playing us for saps. I came home one night and walked right into a "blonde buzz-saw." Yikes, I was simply stunned. I said to myself, "Myself, you're a young angry biker. Death does not scare you. Heck, you've been shot! Granted it came out of a dart-gun, but those suction cups can leave a welt..."

I should have known I was never in control.

But, what the hey. Even Annie gets to me. All she has to say is, "Sugar, can you please polish these three dozen heirloom kitchen knives for me--I'll need them by tomorrow..."

I'll blush, stay up all night and thank her for the privilege to serve!

Step 1: Decide to take action.
    Step 2: Actually follow up and take action.
    Step 3: Never stop taking action.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Step 1: Decide to take action.
    Step 2: Actually follow up and take action.
    Step 3: Never stop taking action.
    Kinda cryptic, kinda profound too.

Super Moderator

Well, perhaps I was too theatrical on this sensitive topic. Heck, we can't even slay dragons anymore without P.E.T.A. hunting us down instead. I remember the exact moment I knew women were playing us for saps. I came home one night and walked right into a "blonde buzz-saw." Yikes, I was simply stunned. I said to myself, "Myself, you're a young angry biker. Death does not scare you. Heck, you've been shot! Granted it came out of a dart-gun, but those suction cups can leave a welt..."

I should have known I was never in control.

But, what the hey. Even Annie gets to me. All she has to say is, "Sugar, can you please polish these three dozen heirloom kitchen knives for me--I'll need them by tomorrow..."

I'll blush, stay up all night and thank her for the privilege to serve!
    I don't know what you're talking about. Its Greek to me and I get the sense it's better that way...All except for sharpening the kitchen knives. That's good. That much I do understand.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links