Is prepping a cultish activity? - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Is prepping a cultish activity?

This is a discussion on Is prepping a cultish activity? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Inor Congratulations Young Ridge!!! You are now a proud member of the "regional bigot" club!!! Illini Warrior does not take kindly to ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Is prepping a cultish activity?

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Congratulations Young Ridge!!! You are now a proud member of the "regional bigot" club!!!

Illini Warrior does not take kindly to those of us that do not think Chicago is the center of the universe. But he saves a special place in Hell for those of us that think Chicago is the armpit of the universe.

Welcome! You are amongst friends.
    Hell, I was born in Chicago and I never thought it was the center of the universe. Great town, if it’s summer, if you have money, are only visiting, can put up with the horrid liberal politics, if your not a gang member and not in gang territory, and...did I mention if it was summer?

I love to visit, I still have friends and family above ground there and they have great food. And for the most part I get along with the people. Chicago, as big cities go, Have more people crammed into a smaller area, and tense. Houston, another big city, has as many people, but spread out and much more laid back. Now, New York? New York beats em all. Man are those people tense and packed together.

Thinking on it, I have lived in big cities or visited them most all my life. Chicago, Washington, New Orleans, Miami, Dallas, Denver, NY, Milwaukee.............. I need to get out of the one I am in and slow it down. Cities make me tired.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 06-21-2019 at 06:01 AM.
    hawgrider, Slippy and Inor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

@Prepared One, that's an easy fix, move to Madison, Wisconsin.

Yes, it's the capitol of the state, but the libtards and representatives never leave the isthmus--it's like confining the convicts on Alcatraz. Even at the other end of State Street is the UW-Madison, and if you don't like bloviating, you never have go there.

However, the rest of the town has a "Mayberry" feel to it. We have gun shops, malls, parks, and you walk away with the feeling that the entire blue-collar population will wave and say "hi" to you.

Yes, we have ethnic crime, but these are not the Chicago variety. They're the ones who weren't tough enough to fight it out in The City of Wind.

Lots of bangers at the mall, they get out of my way and I haven't had to utter a threat of pull a knife yet.

Come to Madison, I'll show you the real side of the place.
    Prepared One likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Well, Annie, I was born Roman Catholic (confession, Communion, Confirmation), then became an SDA due to the intense Bible study. Most Adventists can quote chapter and verse if you just give them the numbers only. You're usually welcomed to the church with lessons we call "Daniel/Revelation."

I believe in Christ and I anxiously await some form of 'direction' from The Spirit to help another lost soul, but it doesn't come often enough for me.

Recently I could not find my mother's Rosary, and tore the house apart like I was looking for a Frank B stiletto. But like most of my friends, we are all walking contradictions.
    Did you find it? Ask St. Anthony to help you find it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    The Google definition is really a quite poor one. I do not think prepping is a "cultish activity". I do think that there are cults that do prep. It is my opinion that one of the biggest religions that are known for prepping, the Mormons, are, at heart, a cult.
    I love the Mormons for their prepping and wish the Catholics did that.

A very big and wealthy (second richest church in the world) cult.
    I'm told the Amish have a big stash of money, that they live simply and sock the money away. Once stuff hits the fan it'll be sad to see if their farms get pirated, being as they don't have firearms with which to defend their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Did you find it? Ask St. Anthony to help you find it.
    I should have remembered that. I was a child for several years going to St. Anthony's Church in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.

I didn't think much about it then, but do you think he helped me find Harley motorcycles and pretty girls? They seemed to show up wherever I went...

Super Moderator

I should have remembered that. I was a child for several years going to St. Anthony's Church in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.

I didn't think much about it then, but do you think he helped me find Harley motorcycles and pretty girls? They seemed to show up wherever I went...
    St. Columbanus for the motorcycles. Agnes is the patron saint of girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    St. Columbanus for the motorcycles. Agnes is the patron saint of girls.
    Annie, I have fired my psychiatrist. You will be my therapist from now on.

Your rates are more reasonable, and frankly, you make more sense...

(So there's a patron saint for motorcycles?)
    Annie likes this.

@Prepared One, that's an easy fix, move to Madison, Wisconsin.

Yes, it's the capitol of the state, but the libtards and representatives never leave the isthmus--it's like confining the convicts on Alcatraz. Even at the other end of State Street is the UW-Madison, and if you don't like bloviating, you never have go there.

However, the rest of the town has a "Mayberry" feel to it. We have gun shops, malls, parks, and you walk away with the feeling that the entire blue-collar population will wave and say "hi" to you.

Yes, we have ethnic crime, but these are not the Chicago variety. They're the ones who weren't tough enough to fight it out in The City of Wind.

Lots of bangers at the mall, they get out of my way and I haven't had to utter a threat of pull a knife yet.

Come to Madison, I'll show you the real side of the place.
    I have been to Madison actually, although, only for a visit. My Aunt lives not far from there and when I am visiting we will make a couple trips to Madison. Nice place, last time I was there I found it had all the big city amenities but still had it's small town charm. Been a few years since I been up that way tho.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Hell, I was born in Chicago and I never thought it was the center of the universe. Great town, if it’s summer, if you have money, are only visiting, can put up with the horrid liberal politics, if your not a gang member and not in gang territory, and...did I mention if it was summer?

I love to visit, I still have friends and family above ground there and they have great food. And for the most part I get along with the people. Chicago, as big cities go, Have more people crammed into a smaller area, and tense. Houston, another big city, has as many people, but spread out and much more laid back. Now, New York? New York beats em all. Man are those people tense and packed together.

Thinking on it, I have lived in big cities or visited them most all my life. Chicago, Washington, New Orleans, Miami, Dallas, Denver, NY, Milwaukee.............. I need to get out of the one I am in and slow it down. Cities make me tired.
    Since I moved to M.T. Acres almost 3 years ago, I cannot handle cities anymore. I just spent the last 3 days in Baltimore and could not get out of there fast enough. Yes, the food was good. But there was not a single other redeeming quality.

And I would put my skyline up against the skyline of Chicago or NYC any day of the week!

Is prepping a cultish activity?-20160915_131249.jpg
    Prepared One, stevekozak and Annie like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Since I moved to M.T. Acres almost 3 years ago, I cannot handle cities anymore. I just spent the last 3 days in Baltimore and could not get out of there fast enough. Yes, the food was good. But there was not a single other redeeming quality.

And I would put my skyline up against the skyline of Chicago or NYC any day of the week!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160915_131249.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	429.9 KB 
ID:	98691
    Now that's! what I call a skyline.
    Inor and stevekozak like this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links