Travel and hotel security tips. - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Travel and hotel security tips.

This is a discussion on Travel and hotel security tips. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by stowlin How might one do that flying International? If you know how let me know. There are many places on the planet ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Travel and hotel security tips.

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    How might one do that flying International? If you know how let me know. There are many places on the planet carrying, trying to conceal, or keep a firearm will get you locked up in a place you don’t want to be. .......
    Sorry, but the world isn't perfect.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

I have not traveled for a coons age. I also no longer travel out of state or fly. I do like the ideas shared thus far. I would suggest to do some recon on the hotel that you are staying at. Walk around and know where the entrances and exits are, and determine if there are any sort of areas to avoid (like a back stairwell). I carry all of the time. I also bring along my AR15 pistol any time that I go anywhere outside of my local area.
    Annie and Slippy like this.

never stay on the first floor

never stay above the 4th floor

best low tech legal self defense weapon, carry a fake lemon/lime filled with ammonia
    Travel and hotel security tips.-01-0550.jpg

if you get a call from the "front desk" asking you to open door/window, break glass, evac room, etc.. hang up and call the front desk yourself

use ALL the door locks
    Annie and stowlin like this.
    Be a Berean

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

There is a video on youtube by Clint Everson who wrote the book 100 deadly skills. He gives four tips for security in hotels for traveling abroad. Pretty good ideas.
    Annie likes this.
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

Have your clothes for the next day laid out and ready to put on. That can save valuable time in case of an emergency. I also put something against the door that will fall over and make some noise if anyone opens the door to your room.
    Annie likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by keith9365 View Post
    There is a video on youtube by Clint Everson who wrote the book 100 deadly skills. He gives four tips for security in hotels for traveling abroad. Pretty good ideas.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    I have not traveled for a coons age. I also no longer travel out of state or fly. I do like the ideas shared thus far. I would suggest to do some recon on the hotel that you are staying at. Walk around and know where the entrances and exits are, and determine if there are any sort of areas to avoid (like a back stairwell). I carry all of the time. I also bring along my AR15 pistol any time that I go anywhere outside of my local area.
    They say coons age in Minnesota, huh? The milkman musta been a southerner!
    Slippy and Mike54 like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    The Raccoon (Procyon lotor) has many sub species but generally lives approx 3-5years in the wild and up to around 20 years in captivity.

For clarity, I'd suggest that if you want to use a descriptive and cute saying to mean a "relatively long time" as in 20 years or so, you should say for example; "I haven't traveled in a CAPTIVE or PET coon's age

Also, using the term "coon" has been known to "trigger" certain dim-o-craps...

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Believe it or not we do a city/northern suburb of Minneapolis of "Coon Rapids"....

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    The Raccoon (Procyon lotor) has many sub species but generally lives approx 3-5years in the wild and up to around 20 years in captivity.

For clarity, I'd suggest that if you want to use a descriptive and cute saying to mean a "relatively long time" as in 20 years or so, you should say for example; "I haven't traveled in a CAPTIVE or PET coon's age

Also, using the term "coon" has been known to "trigger" certain dim-o-craps...
    Believe it or not we do a city/northern suburb of Minneapolis of "Coon Rapids"....
    Pffttt .... ok, but I betcha ya aint got a bonafide coon ass one amongst ya! They sure do talk funny, but can cook up a storm!
    RedLion likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links