Travel and hotel security tips. - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Travel and hotel security tips.

This is a discussion on Travel and hotel security tips. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Yavanna (It looks like that the guys in this forum forgot that they once were young too). I don't remember if I ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Travel and hotel security tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavanna View Post
    (It looks like that the guys in this forum forgot that they once were young too).
    I don't remember if I was young once or not....I have slept since then

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Slippy and stevekozak like this.

I have travelled many times by myself, and I was never attacked, kidnapped, robed or anything. Usually I stay on the cheapest hotel and it was all fine (except for getting a electric shock at the shower).
    As an advice for not being robbed: do no look like you have something worth stealing. Use common luggage and clothes, leave the fancy stuff at home. Stop being such a mother hen, Annie ��
    Your daughters trip will be fine. Girls can travel alone for sure. Tell her to have fun on her adventure.
    (It looks like that the guys in this forum forgot that they once were young too).
    It’s not that we forgot what is like to be young but we as parents we get stuck with the emotional and financial fall out of poor decisions our children make. Friends will find things cool and exciting. We see that aspect but we also see what can go wrong and try to avoid having our children from being devistated by doing something that has warning written all over it. Friends can say that’s too bad, walk away and have a wonderful time. Not so if you are a real parent.

Also realize as young men we had a very healthy interest in young ladies. We all got to see the good, the bad and the ugly with male and female friends and acquaintances . Most of the time things are ok, even great. But if something goes wrong, your in deep trouble very quickly. Better to have a very good time and be safe than go for the Greatest of all and experience the evil that is out there.
    Last edited by Camel923; 05-27-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    Annie and stevekozak like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

We stay in conference hotels a lot, frequently in large cities which we hate. We always travel with a mini-electric kettle, our own coffee & mini moos, two mugs, two glasses and our own adult beverage. And before we check in, we also stop at a store and pick up some snacks (crackers, cheese, lunch meat, and bottle water). The reasoning is that first thing in the morning we're not leaving the room trudging down to the lobby coffee shop just when everyone else is. And in the evening, we can invite friends to join us in our room for a drink, rather than shelling out real $$ at the bar.

Also NEVER allow housekeeping in. Do not disturb. Grab clean towels off the cart if you need them.

Also, take advantage of GrubHub etc.
    Annie and stowlin like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have travelled many times by myself, and I was never attacked, kidnapped, robed or anything. Usually I stay on the cheapest hotel and it was all fine (except for getting a electric shock at the shower).
    As an advice for not being robbed: do no look like you have something worth stealing. Use common luggage and clothes, leave the fancy stuff at home. Stop being such a mother hen, Annie 😂
    Your daughters trip will be fine. Girls can travel alone for sure. Tell her to have fun on her adventure.
    Travel and hotel security tips.-picard-meme-facepalm-756x445.jpg

......... do no look like you have something worth stealing.........
    To go along with this: Do not wear clothing that might indicate your country of origin, religious inclination etc. Lest you incite someone who might use your apparel as justification for attacking you.

........(It looks like that the guys in this forum forgot that they once were young too).
    Back when I was a kid, we didn't have youngsters.
    stevekozak likes this.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Super Moderator

As an advice for not being robbed: do no look like you have something worth stealing. Use common luggage and clothes, leave the fancy stuff at home. Stop being such a mother hen, Annie

You say that because you're young, like my daughter! If I'm a mama hen, does that make you a little chicklet? I'm all for girls having a fun and adventures, but just not a needlessly risky adventure. I told her to take a sister--or a friend. She's smart. In the end I think she'll probably listen.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Half mile west of where Jesus left His sandals.
    Couple things mot mentioned yet. Identify two ways out in the event of a fire or other need to evacuate. Know where the stairs are. Advice on clearing the room, checking windows, wedging the door closed, etc is real good. Have a severe weather or tornado plan. Always keep a flashlight for each person in the room. Keep the room neat. If you have stuff all over and have to evacuate , remember it is unfamiliar surroundings, enough things to trip over without excessive clutter. Keep your suitcase closed at all times. Don't want to bring home stowaway critters, bugs, geckos, or scorpions, whatever else.
    Annie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man 1066 View Post
    ......... Identify two ways out in the event of a fire or other need to evacuate. Know where the stairs are. ..........
    And always count the doors between your room and the stairs. If the corridor is full of smoke, you may be crawling face-down on the floor trying to find the stairs. By counting the doors, you'll know which one is the stairs and not another room, closet, storage room etc.
    T-Man 1066, Annie, RedLion and 1 others like this.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

How might one do that flying International? If you know how let me know. There are many places on the planet carrying, trying to conceal, or keep a firearm will get you locked up in a place you don’t want to be.

Upon arrival go have a steak diner, and take the knife to the room with you. You might stop in a mini market and pick up one of those small canisters of pepper spray, or a small bottle of baby powder really does mess with an intruders eyes. Things you can have are often a little better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    It's called 'clearing a room'......
    First rule of gun safety: carry one.
    Michael_Js likes this.

She or anyone just needs to keep it simple, yet smart. Use common sense and make good decisions that minimize risk.

Nothing good happens after 1 AM.
    Always have a way out to get home when you are ready without depending on someone else you are with for a ride.
    Have a small emergency bag or get home bag.
    Be cautious, things (and people) are often not what they seem.
    Beware of ulterior motives, nothing in life is free.
    Do not out yourself in awkward situations where you re alone and vulnerable.

Did I say make good decisions?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links