Travel and hotel security tips. - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Travel and hotel security tips.

This is a discussion on Travel and hotel security tips. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Jim Lovell has a great channel....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Travel and hotel security tips.

Jim Lovell has a great channel.

Annie, Slippy, Camel923 and 1 others like this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post

I wonder if Mrs Poet would like to be Mrs. Kozak? That guy can't shoot or anything can he?
    Prepared One likes this.

Young ladies should travel together and not alone. Never allow yourself to be separated from your friends. Do not go off alone with someyyou do not know. Stay in well lit public places. Do not accept an open container from anyone. You might be surprised as to what was put in it.

Only stay in single entry, reputable hotels preferably with doors locked after 11pm. Do not tell strangers where you are staying. Stay away from Uber. The unlicensed car could be anyone. Carry where you can.

Do not take expensive jewelry. Minimum of cash. Have copies of credit cards, contacts and photo ID for just in case. If it feels wrong it is. Trust your gut.

Make sure to go to confession afterward.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post

Sending this to my daughters. ETA: I especially like his line (and I'm paraphrasing), 'dressing immodestly is like holding a strip of bacon out in front of a snapping dog.' Yep, that one's gonna get used around Casa Annie's this summer.
    Last edited by Annie; 05-27-2019 at 09:50 AM.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Super Moderator

I found this one. I think he's got some good ideas. I like the idea of using the belt on the door-close.

Last edited by Annie; 05-27-2019 at 09:35 AM.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Young ladies should travel together and not alone.
    This is what I'm trying to drive home to my daughter. She wants to have this 'big adventure', thinking it'll be sort of 'empowering' or something. I think it's too dangerous.

Make sure to go to confession afterward.
    Hah! 'Once a Catholic', as they say, 'always a Catholic.'
    Camel923 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    This is what I'm trying to drive home to my daughter. She wants to have this 'big adventure', thinking it'll be sort of 'empowering' or something. I think it's too dangerous.

Hah! 'Once a Catholic', as they say, 'always a Catholic.'
    Big mistake girls make all the time. Kidnaping is to the sex trade is not a pretty picture. She is not old enough to see the danger only the pretty shinny stuff. Same things I tried to drive home on my daughter. Bad things happen when you culled out from the herd. Suspect everyone’s motives. Hard to have a great time with your guard up but that is what it is.
    Last edited by Camel923; 05-27-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    Annie and T-Man 1066 like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Never stay on the bottom floor. I try to stay on the 2nd floor. I figure I can drop out of the window if I need to with at worse a sprained ankle. But I don't worry about someone coming in thru the window.
    Annie and RedLion like this.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by modfan View Post
    Never stay on the bottom floor. I try to stay on the 2nd floor. I figure I can drop out of the window if I need to with at worse a sprained ankle. But I don't worry about someone coming in thru the window.
    In addition I should think it's much easier for non-hotel guests would-be predators to wander into first floor rooms.

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

I have travelled many times by myself, and I was never attacked, kidnapped, robed or anything. Usually I stay on the cheapest hotel and it was all fine (except for getting a electric shock at the shower).
    As an advice for not being robbed: do no look like you have something worth stealing. Use common luggage and clothes, leave the fancy stuff at home. Stop being such a mother hen, Annie 😂
    Your daughters trip will be fine. Girls can travel alone for sure. Tell her to have fun on her adventure.
    (It looks like that the guys in this forum forgot that they once were young too).
    RedLion likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links