Delayed planting from flooding and cattle kill
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Delayed planting from flooding and cattle kill within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I think you should all pay attention to the amount of farm land not being planted, and the quantity of cattle killed off from the ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Delayed planting from flooding and cattle kill

I think you should all pay attention to the amount of farm land not being planted, and the quantity of cattle killed off from the flooding. A lot of ground, and I mean alot, remains unplanted.
    StratMaster and Slippy like this.

reports already say that food prices for grains and other things will

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...er/3282457002/

Beef prices at supermarkets could rise 25 to 50 cents per pound and pork as much as $1, estimates Phil Flynn, a senior market analyst at the Price Futures Group in Chicago.

The impact on grains that go into products such as cereal will be more muted; two-and-a-half pennies per product is his forecast. Plus, food manufacturers might choose to swallow the higher cost of those ingredients rather than pass it on to shoppers.

"You're going to see it on meat prices this summer higher. Cheerios? Not so much," Flynn said. "If the bad weather continues or the flooding continues, all bets are off."
    Be a Berean

No floods but real late spring here. Only stuff like asparagus and rhubarb coming in. I've got lots to transplant once I can get the soil going. Should have plenty of vegetables in about a month.

In the mean time clear out all the old stuff in the freezers. Then summer time I'm .......

I'm going fish,.... fish, fish,.... fish, fish ,fishing....... I'm going fishing, hook sinker and line.....

Denton, Slippy and Annie like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I keep telling people to buy some food NOW, it's going to be spendy by the end of summer. Nobody listens.
    Denton and Slippy like this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

If the trade war and tariffs against chinese products persists it should help offset the lower yields.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    I keep telling people to buy some food NOW, it's going to be spendy by the end of summer. Nobody listens.
    I'm listening, and I wish I had a larger TEOTWAWKI room.
    StratMaster likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I'm listening, and I wish I had a larger TEOTWAWKI room.
    Hey, one can stack crates of chili, beef stew, and veggies almost anywhere in the house. Corners. Closets. Hallways. 5 or 6 extra cases of food might get us through the food shortage until we plant next year. Lots of folks will be extra GLAD they have a garden this year too!
    Denton, Prepared One and Slippy like this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

And MAYBE there's a silver lining to this cloud: people will wake up and realize that YES a disaster could strike which might directly affect them... and prepare accordingly.
    Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...
    Prepared One likes this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    And MAYBE there's a silver lining to this cloud: people will wake up and realize that YES a disaster could strike which might directly affect them... and prepare accordingly.
    Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...
    What could you have you have been thinking!
    StratMaster likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Don't forget about all the hogs that are being destroyed from swine fever. If this gets into US it will be another big hit.

Yeah your right we have lived here for 50 years and I have never seen this much water. There is water running in fields and the woods like never before. After the 100 inches of snow melt and 2-3 inches of rain every couple days it will never dry out.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1RO0MP
    StratMaster and T-Man 1066 like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links