Delayed planting from flooding and cattle kill - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delayed planting from flooding and cattle kill

This is a discussion on Delayed planting from flooding and cattle kill within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I an so sorry for you REAL farmers Lots of land. I just grow for myself. That is garden, orchards, berries. I am on high ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Delayed planting from flooding and cattle kill

I an so sorry for you REAL farmers Lots of land.

I just grow for myself. That is garden, orchards, berries.

I am on high ground that will never flood.

But don't have easy water either. It bites two ways.

Best of luck.

Last I heard national corn average was 58%. Markets rallied for it. We have a large carry out of both corn and soybeans so hopefully we can deplete some of it and come to terms with China before harvest. I’ve seen it very wet in 50 to 100 mile radius pockets, but seriously never through out the whole Midwest like this. This is a historic event. I pray everyone can get at least something in and have a decent harvest.

FYI Monsanto is no longer a thing Mad Trapper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My place is being planted as I sit here. Not the latest year crops went in but it has been a long time sense crops were going in on the 6th of June. Still amazes me to see the huge equipment roll through the fields. I remember working and planting this place with 3 bottom plow and 6 row planter. Darn planter out there right now is wider than a federal highway.
    Slippy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Well I'm still small scale: 9N ford , dearborn plow 2 share 14". dearborn harrow, troy built tiller made in Troy NY not China. I do have 3-cyl Ford 2000 too.

I have deep loam that if I work too soon it packs down.

All sorts of transplants to put in. Almost no early seeded crops.

FKing deer and chucks got some.........

I grow for me and good friends

I just got home, put in 23 acres after work tonight, my brother worked all day fixing the big tractor and n
    My daughter ran seed, fertilizer, and parts trip.. we have not given up on corn yet,
    We would normally be washing and putting equipment away.
    164 acres to go
    Smitty901 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteredstate View Post
    I just got home, put in 23 acres after work tonight, my brother worked all day fixing the big tractor and n
    My daughter ran seed, fertilizer, and parts trip.. we have not given up on corn yet,
    We would normally be washing and putting equipment away.
    164 acres to go
    You have my best of luck/weather. I have a small place where I bust my nuts to just get a little bit of what you do. I'm still using 1940s equipment on a small place.

Only good thing is I can fix all equipment myself, with simple tools, if I can still find parts.

My grandfather ran horses

Delayed planting from flooding and cattle kill-pa-plowing-3-6.jpg

God bless the farmer, large and small. I commercial farm grapes and cattle hay and grow a family vegetable garden. This year I planted a small field of sunflowers just for the heck of it. I figured my kids would have a good time getting lost in it when it gets taller. There is nothing about farming that is easy so I admire anyone who does it on any scale.

Quote Originally Posted by youngridge View Post
    Last I heard national corn average was 58%. Markets rallied for it. We have a large carry out of both corn and soybeans so hopefully we can deplete some of it and come to terms with China before harvest. I’ve seen it very wet in 50 to 100 mile radius pockets, but seriously never through out the whole Midwest like this. This is a historic event. I pray everyone can get at least something in and have a decent harvest.

FYI Monsanto is no longer a thing Mad Trapper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    F Monsanto, they care about money even if they poison everybody. Only time I use glyphosphate/roundup is for poison ivy as I can't get near it.

I only grow open pollinated/heirloom vegetables and save my own seeds, unless they are wind/bee pollinated. Then I alternate years for seeds, to avoid that. This year I have 8 tomato and 5 pepper heirlooms I can get seed from, 3 beans and a broccoli. For spuds I use leftovers from the root cellar and beets too. Squash are a bitch as you need to isolate the blossoms and hand pollinate. Brassicas will cross pollinate except broccoli as the rest are biennilas. Plan that out as the seeds last ~5 years. So you need two year old plants for seed crop, think about that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links