eBay the Scam

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

eBay the Scam

This is a discussion on eBay the Scam within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; At one time I was very proud to say I was a first 1000 user of eBay, and over the years Iíve bought many items ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By stowlin
  • 1 Post By Chiefster23
  • 1 Post By Smitty901
  • 1 Post By Maine-Marine

Thread: eBay the Scam

eBay the Scam

At one time I was very proud to say I was a first 1000 user of eBay, and over the years Iíve bought many items there. Before prepping I wasted minimal resources of sport cards as I worked for some atheletes and it was fun. I became enthralled with etopps the eBay conncected trading of actual cards made by Topps inc. a few years in I noticed scammers were prevalent spiking the value of cards to score a few bucks off new comers. eBay tossed many of them in the shredder but they kept coming back. Eventually eBay stopped listening to us complain and even hid the history and feed back of abusers to make it hard to see. Why because they were big, paid big fees and they liked the money I guess. Now I see this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-1-oz-C....c100010.m2109

A $50 Canadian iron coin. I reported it last week but when you get 92,000 plus transactions I guess eBay doesnít care.
    Denton and A Watchman like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    A $50 Canadian iron coin. I reported it last week but when you get 92,000 plus transactions I guess eBay doesn’t care.
    A $50 coin for $3.35... I don't see a problem here? Were you confused about what he was selling?

Rancher

A 1 oz. gold coin for $3.35! Yeah! Right! LOL.
    stowlin likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If your motorcycle is stolen, just look on Ebay in 12-24 hours and you can buy it back in parts. But what the heck the person that purchased your parts got a deal.
    Annie likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    If your motorcycle is stolen, just look on Ebay in 12-24 hours and you can buy it back in parts. But what the heck the person that purchased your parts got a deal.
    I know a guy who recovered his stolen guitar that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    If your motorcycle is stolen, just look on Craigslist in 12-24 hours and you can buy it back in parts. But what the heck the person that purchased your parts got a deal.
    Fify.
    Whoever said, "Life is short" didn't understand it's the longest thing you're ever going to do.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

I sold some items on ebay that were shipping to the Bahamas. I had tracking up until it hit the islands... The buyer claimed he never got it.. ebay refunded him over $600

about 2 weeks later the US Postal service provided me a signed receipt.. I never go the money back

Another time we sold 2 antennas with a custom made bracket (we have it made locally) that hold dual directional antennas... the customer claimed the package was missing the bracket... funny thing, I was packing the box and showing the tech guy how to fit everything in... so I know it was packed. Ebay made us pay for return shipping and refund all the money
    stowlin likes this.
    Be a Berean

Sponsored Links