Foreign MREs

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Foreign MREs

This is a discussion on Foreign MREs within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; My daughter, whom I love to death, is a little daredevil, student pilot and just a good damn kid.. Well, she was going to military ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Steve40th
  • 2 Post By Steve40th
  • 2 Post By

Thread: Foreign MREs

Foreign MREs

My daughter, whom I love to death, is a little daredevil, student pilot and just a good damn kid..
    Well, she was going to military surplus stores and buying MRE's, C rations etc, and trying them out.
    She would lay them out, and eat and review them...
    Well, I went and ordered a French MRE for her.
    It wasnt the best financial thing I ever did, but, you only live once, and the smile she gave me when it finally came in from customs was worth it.
    Of course, she said it was great, but DID not wait for me to come home and share, lol.
    https://mremountain.com/products/fre...12877481869346
    RedLion, Ragnarök and Slippy like this.

They look pretty good. How much additional cost did you pay over the $45? 24 hour MRE is certainly a different concept than the U.S. military has.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    They look pretty good. How much additional cost did you pay over the $45? 24 hour MRE is certainly a different concept than the U.S. military has.
    It was about 12 more bucks, shipping and it did go through customs in Jamaica NY, from Germany..
    They have allot to look at and choose. I am going to research more on this.. I figure if I can find them stateside, or through friends overseas, maybe having a few odd ball ones like this would change things up a bit when camping or something..
    Supposedly some came with a little bit of liquor too.
    RedLion and Camel923 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    It was about 12 more bucks, shipping and it did go through customs in Jamaica NY, from Germany..
    They have allot to look at and choose. I am going to research more on this.. I figure if I can find them stateside, or through friends overseas, maybe having a few odd ball ones like this would change things up a bit when camping or something..
    Supposedly some came with a little bit of liquor too.
    I would be interested to hear what you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    My daughter, whom I love to death, is a little daredevil, student pilot and just a good damn kid..
    Well, she was going to military surplus stores and buying MRE's, C rations etc, and trying them out.
    She would lay them out, and eat and review them...
    Well, I went and ordered a French MRE for her.
    It wasnt the best financial thing I ever did, but, you only live once, and the smile she gave me when it finally came in from customs was worth it.
    Of course, she said it was great, but DID not wait for me to come home and share, lol.
    https://mremountain.com/products/fre...12877481869346

Money doesn’t matter as long as you combine reason with a realization of what is affordable.
    Slippy and Deebo like this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    Money doesn’t matter as long as you combine reason with a realization of what is affordable.
    I was surprised at the editorial outcome on this issue. Since I assumed most of this food is canned when it clears customs, I wondered about the quality and safety, unless some items are randomly checked.

Yes, I know we buy beer from Germany and Austria, but canned food might be different.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

I like the South Korean ones. We use to trade with them often
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Emmymadeinjapan on youtube does this with American and Foreign MRE's...she is so popular she has multiple people sending her things to try...very interesting channel!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzq...f9nLQPMxVgPhiA

Hey, you only live once, and a daughter's love is priceless.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Sponsored Links