Saving America versus Saving Americans

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Saving America versus Saving Americans

This is a discussion on Saving America versus Saving Americans within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I heard that phrase on the radio yesterday and had to ponder it.... I do think we are too far down the crazy road to ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Saving America versus Saving Americans

  1. #1
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    6,240

    Saving America versus Saving Americans

    I heard that phrase on the radio yesterday and had to ponder it....

    I do think we are too far down the crazy road to stop the truck and turn around. I think the left will end up getting their way and take us down a road that will lead away from freedom and liberty and into financial ruin and violence. many (most) young folks want free stuff paid for by the "rich" <read that as hard working Americans with JOBS.

    Since it seems we can not save America... we need to focus on saving Americans - Patriots - Fellow liked minded folks that value hard work and take personal responsibility for their action

    What say you
    Be a Berean

  2. #2
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,347
    I’ve been thinking about this very same subject a lot lately. I tend to agree with your conclusions. Our country is engaged in a civil war now except there is no armed confrontation, YET! There will be no surrender and no compromise. Politicians are spending all their time and energy on stupid shit and completely ignoring all the hard working people comprising the middle class. The not-so-secret weapon of the left is the promise of all the free stuff. So yes, there will be violence. Maybe a lot of it. But eventually the left will win by promising all the fools free everything. In the end ‘the fools’ will get exactly what they deserve. America will become just like Venezuela.

    Since I can do little to influence the outcome, I am trying to position myself now to minimize the impact of all the bad stuff to come. And sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, bad shit is coming!

  3. #3
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hiding in plain sight
    Posts
    8,064
    The phrase "everything is cyclical" comes to mind whenever I hear this topic broached. It may be on a long enough timeline that we might not see it in our life time. But I am certain it is bound to happen.

    Within the group of people wanting free stuff will be those who ask "why cant I work hard if I want more". They will look up at the people handing out free goodies and wonder "why do they have more but I can only have what everybody else has". They will gather more people to there way of thinking and eventually topple the haves. Then it will start all over again with, once again, the best of intentions.

    I've posted this pic before but it warrants posting again.

    I believe we are currently hovering around apathy.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Slippy and Denton like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    The phrase "everything is cyclical" comes to mind whenever I hear this topic broached. It may be on a long enough timeline that we might not see it in our life time. But I am certain it is bound to happen.

    Within the group of people wanting free stuff will be those who ask "why cant I work hard if I want more". They will look up at the people handing out free goodies and wonder "why do they have more but I can only have what everybody else has". They will gather more people to there way of thinking and eventually topple the haves. Then it will start all over again with, once again, the best of intentions.

    I've posted this pic before but it warrants posting again.

    I believe we are currently hovering around apathy.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The problem is we might get caught in the last part and it will take generations to get back to liberty
    Prepared One and Denton like this.
    Be a Berean

  6. #5
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    11,579
    Screw the lazy. The idea that is America is way More important.
    Slippy likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

    Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

  7. #6
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    9,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    The phrase "everything is cyclical" comes to mind whenever I hear this topic broached. It may be on a long enough timeline that we might not see it in our life time. But I am certain it is bound to happen.

    Within the group of people wanting free stuff will be those who ask "why cant I work hard if I want more". They will look up at the people handing out free goodies and wonder "why do they have more but I can only have what everybody else has". They will gather more people to there way of thinking and eventually topple the haves. Then it will start all over again with, once again, the best of intentions.

    I've posted this pic before but it warrants posting again.

    I believe we are currently hovering around apathy.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I agree with the premise as it is historical. However, I think we now have one foot in apathy and one foot in dependency, and seriously eyeballing bondage.

    With all that is happening in Venezuela, Cuba, China, Russia, etc., and still 50% of the young in this country believe socialism is a good idea. We are a stupid people with short memories and no knowledge of history. The cycle will continue unabated.

    This country, as a republic, is gone. Save those who will remember what our founding fathers gave our ancestors. Save those who will remember America as it was, how it was intended to be, not what it has become.
    Maine-Marine, Denton and Sasquatch like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

  8. #7
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    Screw the lazy. The idea that is America is way More important.
    the issue is they out number us... they just have not realized that they need to vote
    Be a Berean

  9. #8
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,741
    Oh, this is going to be a good debate...

    Let me give you two scenarios to explain my position. I'm driving to get out of town--everything is burning. Even Snake Plissken is frightened like a scared little girl. Our rations are covered in the back of the truck, and my wife and a "good friend" are riding shotgun. We swerve our way through two gang banger groups, fighting over frozen pizzas and unprotected women.

    Frankly, I'd drive through.

    Second scenario. I get two or three blocks away and someone yells my name--It's Annie and Yavanna. They've lost everything and are just trying to survive for another day.

    My friend says, "It's your call, Gumba, it's your truck. But the last thing we need is two more eaters with nothing to barter."

    On paper, I know he's right, but I find myself saying, "Quick girls, jump in back..."

    I mentioned the movie "Thunderdome" to Denton in a PM. And while I believe that America has gotten into too many adventures overseas (as discussed by The Framers) my humanity is the deciding factor.
    Last edited by The Tourist; 05-03-2019 at 06:40 AM.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

  10. #9
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Oh, this is going to be a good debate...

    Let me give you two scenarios to explain my position. I'm driving to get out of town--everything is burning. Even Snake Plissken is frightened like a scared little girl. Our rations are covered in the back of the truck, and my wife and a "good friend" are riding shotgun. We swerve our way through two gang banger groups, fighting over frozen pizzas and unprotected women.

    Frankly, I'd drive through.

    Second scenario. I get two or three blocks away and someone yells my name--It's Annie and Yavanna. They've lost everything and are just trying to survive for another day.

    My friend says, "It's your call, Gumba, it's your truck. But the last thing we need is two more eaters with nothing to barter."

    On paper, I know he's right, but I find myself saying, "Quick girls, jump in back..."

    I mentioned the movie "Thunderdome" to Denton in a PM. And while I believe that America has gotten into too many adventures overseas (as discussed by The Framers) my humanity is the deciding factor.
    When I think of saving Americans I do not think about IN THE MOMENT.. I think about getting people prepared. not providing them a meal or a ride - but providing them the wake up call to be able to provide from themselves

    there are only so many people you can stick in a life boat.. you can however teach people to build a boat or cobble together a life jacket or find something to float on.

    once the gangs are rioting over hoho's and frozen pizza it will be too late... I do not think it will be like that though, I think it will be a liberal government deciding that THEY know best how to defend you, feed you, and redistribute food and money and medical care and education....

    the number of people willing to trade safety and security for freedom is staggering!!!
    Be a Berean

  11. #10
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    I think about getting people prepared. not providing them a meal or a ride - but providing them the wake up call to be able to provide from themselves.
    In that, I would agree. There are two issues I stumble over.

    First one, I think we should all be invested in preparedness, there are skills I have, and most I don't. But let's surmise that the only decent people worth saving were on this forum--my guess is that getting a large percentage into physical shape might be a priority.

    Then there is the question of timing. The old Mel Tappan books urged people to find a safe area (out of nuclear fall-out winds) immediately move there and become part of the that cloistered community.

    This works better if we know the exact date of TEOTWAWKI. Obviously, one of our members would have to be a Tarot Card reader. I say that because because Mel Tappan died after everything was in place, and almost 50 years has passed.

    About all I know how to do is to keep lifting weights, keep polishing, perhaps take up casting again, read more books, peruse the "how to" offerings here and rotate perishable food. Most times I read the stuff here and realize I'm a student, not a sensei.
    Slippy likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Hillary's America - Stealing America
    By A Watchman in forum Political News and Topics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-14-2016, 09:40 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2015, 10:50 AM
  3. Friends versus Ignored
    By Maine-Marine in forum General Talk
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 02:21 PM
  4. "After America Comes North America" Patraeus Boasts
    By Denton in forum News & Links
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-05-2014, 08:12 PM
  5. Raising Quails for food versus Rabbits
    By prepper123 in forum General Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Back to Top