Aldi's
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Aldi's

This is a discussion on Aldi's within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Do you guys shop at Aldi's? Omgosh, it's a prepper mama's heaven. I don't have one near me, but a work related chore has me ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Aldi's

Super Moderator

Aldi's

Do you guys shop at Aldi's? Omgosh, it's a prepper mama's heaven. I don't have one near me, but a work related chore has me going by one half hour away just about every other week. I highly recommend. Soups, .49c a can, mixed veggies, .49c a can.Other good things, too. My daughter and I picked up lots of stuff yesterday.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

We have quite a few Aldi stores around here and it's in our rotation of stores we hit. It's great for basics like milk, eggs, butter, cheese, canned goods. Canned mandarin oranges is a favorite of one child. Their hard salami is pretty good as are the fresh pork chops and ground beef. The take and bake pizza is decent.

There are some things that just don't fly in this house and we simply get them elsewhere. Nobody here will touch the breads they make and both varieties of their bottled water taste terrible ( bad enough I used them for the dogs ).
    Annie likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - James Mattis Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Do you guys shop at Aldi's? Omgosh, it's a prepper mama's heaven. I don't have one near me, but a work related chore has me going by one half hour away just about every other week. I highly recommend. Soups, .49c a can, mixed veggies, .49c a can.Other good things, too. My daughter and I picked up lots of stuff yesterday.

Aldis will be seeing new Euro competition in your area of the country - new store chain coming across & starting up in the US - could see some even better $$$$$$$$$s

Aldis has been around the area sooo long they have saturated the market - they are like convenience stores - I have 6 stores within 15 minutes ....
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 05-01-2019 at 07:13 AM.
    Annie likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

We like to hit Aldi's sister company Trader Joes every now and then for a few cases of Two Buck Chuck Cabernet or Merlot!
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trad...es-shaw-2019-4
    Annie likes this.

Lidls is a good store too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    Lidls is a good store too.

that's Aldis main Euro market competition - looks like they are hitting the parts of the US that Aldis is absent or lean >>> should be interesting when the two tangle it heavy & hard ....
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

I haven't been to an Aldi's in years. I tried their store brands, and really didn't care for 'em. I'd rather drop the dime for national brands.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    I haven't been to an Aldi's in years. I tried their store brands, and really didn't care for 'em. I'd rather drop the dime for national brands.
    Agree that years ago all their stuff was crap!

But recently in the last couple three years the stuff they sell is better now so My woman has been shopping there recently for some things.
    Maine-Marine and AquaHull like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

We have Aldis here . I do not like the lay out or the limited options. Also They Do ban firearms but don't enforce it . I guess that is their way of being PC
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Aldis is a main store for the wife.. we have a bunch of them around

not all their stuff is great.. but a lot of it is.

we like their wheat bread, canned veggies, milk, bacon, etc
    Be a Berean

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links