Aldi's - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Aldi's

This is a discussion on Aldi's within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; The brands kind of suck there for some stuff, but it is a good store for some cheap non perishables imo....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Aldi's

The brands kind of suck there for some stuff, but it is a good store for some cheap non perishables imo.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    hmm...been a long time since I been in an Aldis. I never found much I wanted there. Maybe I should give it a go.
    Yeah, if you're into canned veggies for food prep, canned ham, canned soup. Those are all worth the trip.
    Hidden Content
    Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered: and let them that hate Him flee from before His face. --Propers for Pentecost

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by youngridge View Post
    The brands kind of suck there for some stuff, but it is a good store for some cheap non perishables imo.
    I must admit I haven't tried a lot of the stuff we bought yet non-perishable-wise.
    Hidden Content
    Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered: and let them that hate Him flee from before His face. --Propers for Pentecost

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    We like to hit Aldi's sister company Trader Joes every now and then for a few cases of Two Buck Chuck Cabernet or Merlot!
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trad...es-shaw-2019-4

We're on the same page. Those are my vino go-to's when I go there. I often pick up a case of both. Seriously.
    Slippy and stevekozak like this.
    Hidden Content

We have em wall to wall in this area. I tried to buy a box of rasin bran one day and from the looks of the check out line it would take an hour to get though..so I just sit it down over in the sea food section and walked out like I was mad Aint been back since and that was about 10 years ago. The place aint normal.
    A Watchman likes this.

We have as many Aldi's as McDonald's here in Houston I think. They seem to be on every corner. I tried them when they first opened a few years ago and didn't care for it. You want a quarter for what???? Maybe I give them another look.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Years ago Aldis came here and I gave them a try. Paying for carts and bringing my own bags was a real turnoff. Standing in line forever to checkout really sucked. And their off-brand foods I tried didn’t really taste very good. In all fairness, checkout times at the local Walmart are also very long so maybe that negative is a wash. If you need to save every penny possible, then Aldis may be an option for you. Me? I’ll pass.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Nobody should ever buy food from Walmart! (Chinamart) Oh but wait ... we have jap crap lovers here so never mind.

Mmmm fish and shrimp from radio active Jap crap waters...

Yum lead covered toys for your kids to knaw on...

Oh boy American chickens sent to Jap crap for processing then sent back for your enjoyment.....
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Years ago Aldis came here and I gave them a try. Paying for carts and bringing my own bags was a real turnoff. Standing in line forever to checkout really sucked. And their off-brand foods I tried didn’t really taste very good. In all fairness, checkout times at the local Walmart are also very long so maybe that negative is a wash. If you need to save every penny possible, then Aldis may be an option for you. Me? I’ll pass.
    I figure if and when the SHTF, something's sure gonna be better than nothing.
    Chiefster23 likes this.
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    We have em wall to wall in this area. I tried to buy a box of rasin bran one day and from the looks of the check out line it would take an hour to get though..so I just sit it down over in the sea food section and walked out like I was mad Aint been back since and that was about 10 years ago. The place aint normal.
    Lines weren't so bad for me. Maybe because we went mid-day?
    bigwheel likes this.
    Hidden Content

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links