Sheepleness >>>> AKA "Normalcy Bias" to the Experts
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Sheepleness >>>> AKA "Normalcy Bias" to the Experts within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; good read for a Sunday morning >>>>>>> https://offgridsurvival.com/normalcybias/ "Normalcy Bias is defined as follows: Normalcy bias is a psychological state of denial people enter in ...

Like Tree19Likes
  • 4 Post By Illini Warrior
  • 6 Post By Slippy
  • 3 Post By Prepared One
  • 4 Post By Steve40th
  • 1 Post By Go2ndAmend
  • 1 Post By Marica

Thread: Sheepleness >>>> AKA "Normalcy Bias" to the Experts

good read for a Sunday morning >>>>>>>

https://offgridsurvival.com/normalcybias/

"Normalcy Bias is defined as follows:

Normalcy bias is a psychological state of denial people enter in the event of a disaster, as a result of which they underestimate the possibility of the disaster actually happening, and its effects on their life and property. Their denial is based on the assumption that if the disaster has not occurred until now, it will never occur."

Why should you care about it? >>> something most of us are already aware of:

"Anyone who sees that you have supplies will want them. It’s possible that they will ask nicely for you to share your food and water, but it’s more likely that they will implore you to share while claiming (erroneously) that you have some moral obligation to share your supplies.

This presents a major challenge because of course, you want to help people, but you also have to consider your family’s needs before anyone else’s, and their lack of planning is not your problem. Should you refuse to share, it could lead to more than bruised feelings. The other people could resort to violence if the situation is desperate enough, and should they manage to steal your supplies it will leave you without."
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Thanks I-Warrior

Excellent reminder that WHEN things happen that you have to sometimes change your thought process.

For example normally when we see a dude who looks like this at The Wal Mart most people simply go the other way;

Sheepleness >>>> AKA "Normalcy Bias" to the Experts-jaime-osuna-california-department-corrections-rehabilitation-640x480.jpg

In a bonafide SHTF situation you will need to get out of your normalcy biases and put a bullet right between his eyes ASAP. Otherwise he and others of his ilk will eventually cause you trouble. Eliminate him then stick his severed head on a (Shameless Plug) Gen-U-Wine Slippy Made Pike at your driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Thanks I-Warrior

Excellent reminder that WHEN things happen that you have to sometimes change your thought process.

For example normally when we see a dude who looks like this at The Wal Mart most people simply go the other way;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jaime-Osuna-California-Department-Corrections-Rehabilitation-640x480.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	97671

In a bonafide SHTF situation you will need to get out of your normalcy biases and put a bullet right between his eyes ASAP. Otherwise he and others of his ilk will eventually cause you trouble. Eliminate him then stick his severed head on a (Shameless Plug) Gen-U-Wine Slippy Made Pike at your driveway.
    No questions, no warnings. BANG, flop. Next!
    Slippy, Inor and Denton like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    No questions, no warnings. BANG, flop. Next!
    Yep, and dispose of the body, if on your land, during a SHTF time

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    Yep, and dispose of the body, if on your land, during a SHTF time
    Absolutely.
    Human bodies left lying around are a major health hazard.
    Unless you are just passing thru and won't be back that way.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Just for the record, I did not give anyone permission to post my picture here....... Front sight, press. Front sight press. Ha. A few glasses of wine and I get all philosophical.
    Slippy likes this.

a flip of the sheeple coin >>>> when a prepared prepper becomes tooooo complacent - to the point of sheepleness ....

https://survivalblog.com/prepper-com...cy-wood-tamer/
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

I had reached the point of being fatigued with the concept of redundancy. That is no longer true and redundancy is extremely if not the most important practice to have in place to becoming and staying prepared.
    That was an interesting read. Thanks. One of the most important questions you can ask yourself is, "How many ways do I have of boiling water when you have no power." Sounds to me as if his community could have used more morning coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    Sounds to me as if his community could have used more morning coffee!
    Ahhh, yes, Marica, you are new here.

So you do not make another faux pas, I must inform you that this is the jolly cup a' joe crowd. Master At Arms, et all.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Oops. Please accept my apologies!

Oh! Wait. Should that be, "Oops. My bad?"
    Michael_Js likes this.

Sponsored Links