Solo prepping for a family - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Solo prepping for a family

This is a discussion on Solo prepping for a family within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Chiefster23 Iím in the same boat. Wifey thinks prepping is crazy. But she sure likes it when we run out of some ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Solo prepping for a family

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Iím in the same boat. Wifey thinks prepping is crazy. But she sure likes it when we run out of some item and I have extra on the basement shelf. We had two significant power outages this winter. She also didnít complain that we had electricity and TV when the rest of the neighborhood was dark. I also use an unpowered, hand fed coal stove for winter heat. Our house was toasty when others were cold and worried about pipes freezing. So I just continue to do what I do, and ignore her jabs about my prepping. My extra medical preps have also come in handy a time or two. So just keep on plugging away. If you ever really need your stores, you (and your family) will be damned glad you have them.

if you ever turn her - she'll be a damn good prepper >> she's persistent as hell - usually only takes one good SHTF to shut a disbeliever up - the problem usually goes sideways and they start boasting about not suffering because "we" are prepared ....
    Chiefster23 likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

I feel lucky - My wife sees we are low on corn and she will buy a case

We have seeds in the freeze..she put them there

she put away extra stuff to repair or making clothes
    StratMaster likes this.
    Be a Berean

My family is just me and my mother, wich is elderly. I have a brother but he lives 800 miles away.
    I am the "family prepper", my mother does not mind me buying extra stuff. We used to live in the countryside, so having some more was important because one could not always go to town to pick it up. The only thing she complains is about water storage, this one she thinks is too much.
    StratMaster likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    My advice is to stop calling it PREPPING and start preaching the old Boy Scout Motto of BE PREPARED

Let your wife and family know that your job is make sure that they are taken care of in case MURPHY makes an unannounced visit. https://www.thoughtco.com/murphys-la...truths-2832861

Include things that make HER life easier...an extra Lug Wrench for the cars...an extra case of TP per month...an extra few cans of soup everytime you go the store...candles, matches etc

Then when a small little thing like the power goes out due to a storm, you bring out the goods and you are the hero!

You get the picture but stop using the phrase PREPPER, because of that dipshit show a few years ago it creates negative emotion...

Good luck
    Good advice @Slippy !
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links