Why Does The US Need Immigration? Change My Mind!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Why Does The US Need Immigration? Change My Mind! within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I've posted on this multiple times, that the US needs to shut down Immigration for at least 10 years. Totally shut the border and do ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Why Does The US Need Immigration? Change My Mind!

I've posted on this multiple times, that the US needs to shut down Immigration for at least 10 years. Totally shut the border and do our best to deport as many illegals as possible.

Why does the US need more population? The US does not need more population to sustain itself...IF the Welfare State is eliminated.

What is wrong with going back to 250 Million People? Or 150 Million People? Nothing in my opinion. Why have 350 Million people if 90 Million are living off of the government?

We fought WW2 and dominated the World while creating the best economy EVER from 1940-1995....all with a population averaging less than 220 Million people. Most of those years less than 200 million people.

We had less people living off the system, more manufacturing, more production and output. Less overcrowding etc etc.

There are many other things that need to be eliminated from the Federal Govt to make this work and I believe it is possible. But it starts with reducing immigration and throwing out all of the Uncle Sam Teat Suckers...

CHANGE MY MIND, AM I WRONG?
    Last edited by Slippy; 04-20-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I've posted on this multiple times, that the US needs to shut down Immigration for at least 10 years. Totally shut the border and do our best to deport as many illegals as possible.

Why does the US need more population? The US does not need more population to sustain itself...IF the Welfare State is eliminated.

What is wrong with going back to 250 Million People? Or 150 Million People? Nothing in my opinion. Why have 350 Million people if 90 Million are living off of the government?

We fought WW2 and dominated the World in 1840-1985 with a population averaging in less than 220 Million people. We had less people living off the system, more manufacturing, more production and output. Less overcrowding etc etc.

There are many other things that need to be eliminated from the Federal Govt to make this work and I believe it is possible. But it starts with reducing immigration and throwing out all of the Uncle Sam Teat Suckers...

Hell, I am with you!!!
    Slippy and StratMaster like this.

There are several studies that show that allowing some immigration helps a country avoid economic stagnation like Japan has experienced the last 20 years. Some immigration adds entrepreneurship and innovation; new ideas which help a country grow its GDP.

I'm all for some controlled immigration, just not open borders. Currently the US allows about a million legal immigrants per year which I think is too high.
    Slippy, Denton, Camel923 and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    There are several studies that show that allowing some immigration helps a country avoid economic stagnation like Japan has experienced the last 20 years. Some immigration adds entrepreneurship and innovation; new ideas which help a country grow its GDP.

I'm all for some controlled immigration, just not open borders. Currently the US allows about a million legal immigrants per year which I think is too high.
    Thanks Elvis, good points.

I would agree that these studies showing some immigration are "historically" accurate. Take away the Welfare State in the US and I agree. My 10 year window takes into consideration removing all of the teat suckers before allowing any more immigration.
    stevekozak and StratMaster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post

We fought WW2 and dominated the World while creating the best economy EVER from 1940-1995....all with a population averaging less than 220 Million people. Most of those years less than 200 million people.

We had less people living off the system, more manufacturing, more production and output. Less overcrowding etc etc.

Do not worry my friend, when the shit hits the proverbial fan blade, and it will, I predict many opportunities will present themselves in culling the herd. The government teat suckers will be among the first.
    Slippy, stevekozak and StratMaster like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

We sure as hell don't need as much as we're getting!
    Slippy and StratMaster like this.

If you lock down the borders. The liberals can't leave.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

Quote Originally Posted by modfan View Post
    Liberals never leave...they are like old luggage and herpes...

Quote Originally Posted by modfan View Post
    I think if we could get rid of the liberals we wouldn’t have a problem with their immigrant friends. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slippy and stevekozak like this.

Not that I disagree

We need to have a test for immigration like New Zealand and Australia. I looked at moving both places years ago but I came up a couple points short to be considered a valuable contributor to the country.

and there's this

Why Does The US Need Immigration?  Change My Mind!-tumblr_p5adzabjx71x8w9evo1_1280.jpg
    Denton likes this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links