Why Does The US Need Immigration? Change My Mind! - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Why Does The US Need Immigration? Change My Mind!

This is a discussion on Why Does The US Need Immigration? Change My Mind! within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Slippy I've posted on this multiple times, that the US needs to shut down Immigration for at least 10 years. Totally shut ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Why Does The US Need Immigration? Change My Mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I've posted on this multiple times, that the US needs to shut down Immigration for at least 10 years. Totally shut the border and do our best to deport as many illegals as possible.

Why does the US need more population? The US does not need more population to sustain itself...IF the Welfare State is eliminated.

What is wrong with going back to 250 Million People? Or 150 Million People? Nothing in my opinion. Why have 350 Million people if 90 Million are living off of the government?

We fought WW2 and dominated the World while creating the best economy EVER from 1940-1995....all with a population averaging less than 220 Million people. Most of those years less than 200 million people.

We had less people living off the system, more manufacturing, more production and output. Less overcrowding etc etc.

There are many other things that need to be eliminated from the Federal Govt to make this work and I believe it is possible. But it starts with reducing immigration and throwing out all of the Uncle Sam Teat Suckers...

CHANGE MY MIND, AM I WRONG?
    While your idea resonates--and I do mean it's tempting--it won't fly so long as we have Democrats in Congress to block it. Also, cutting off immigration completely will starve many of our high tech industries and health care providers of foreign talent they badly need since our own schools are NOT turning out enough talent in those areas. I'm dead set against all illegal immigration (hell, I live in Arizona where 75,000+ were detained in February of this year) but I have nothing against legal immigration. Right now we are still the country that offers the greatest opportunity for advancement and a good life for millions of people who live in the third world. If I lived there I'd want to come here too and I'll bet so would you. I've travelled the world (courtesy of the US Navy) and there's no place anywhere that offers our degree of freedom and opportunity. That's why so many are trying to get in before the Southern Border is walled off. I am in favor of any wall or other measure that prevents human trafficking and illegal immigration. But once you've shown people how we live you cannot shut the door to them. Most just want a better life for themselves and their family and they lack the means to make that happen in their own countries. I'm no bleeding heart. I'm just a realist and the reality is that since the only consequence they face for invading us is a slap on the wrist and possible deportation back where they came, they don't have any real incentive to stop coming here. Oh, and most aren't coming here to freeload off of us. Sure, some do, but then way too many of our own citizens are doing the same thing. Most want to work, hard if necessary, to better themselves. Most aren't criminals, except for breaking our immigration law. What we need is a better system to handle the influx legally--better screening for criminals and slackers, but how would you like to be put on a thirty year waiting list? We need immigration reform that is based in reality and takes into account that some countries--India, for example--produce very well educated and well trained doctors and high tech workers that we need here. And yes, we need stoop labor for many of our crops. The problem is right now we're building a wall we should have built fifty years ago and that is incentivising illegals to run for our border as fast as they can. They don't need incentives from the Democrats or a-hole billionaires like Soros. They are panicking at the thought of being shut out.

If the flood of illegals continues and their first experience on entering our country is to be treated like criminals, despised and made to feel unwanted they will vote Democrat as soon as they can--because they will believe Democrat lies about caring for them. But if they are allowed to work and prosper they will soon see through Democrat lies and will vote conservative and usually Republican. I've seen this happen with former illegals who became citizens.

I know I probably haven't changed your mind, but I hope I've given you something to think about.

The real problem is that we, the voters, haven't drained the swamp in DC, and that's on us.
    Slippy likes this.
    Growing your own food is like growing your own money.

While doubt is uncomfortable, certainty is the refuge of fools and zealots.

If you aren't preparing to live, you're preparing to die.

Hidden Content

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    My eyes my eyes..

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Thanks @Wryter

I've made some notes in your quote, in all caps not yelling at you just so it stands out!

Slip;

Quote Originally Posted by Wryter View Post
    While your idea resonates--and I do mean it's tempting--it won't fly so long as we have Democrats in Congress to block it. Also, cutting off immigration completely will starve many of our high tech industries and health care providers of foreign talent they badly need since our own schools are NOT turning out enough talent in those areas. WE DO NOT KNOW THAT TO BE FACT, IT IS ASSUMPTION BASED ON LIBERAL MEDIA TALKING POINTS. SOME DOT-HEAD UNABLE TO FIX MY CHEAP ASS LENOVO COMPUTER IS JUST THE SAME AS SOME AMERICAN FLUNKIE NOT BEING ABLE TO FIX IT EITHER! SAME GOES FOR THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY. I BELIEVE THAT THE HEALTHCARE DEBACLE COULD BE FIXED IF THE GOVT GOT THE HELL OUT

I'm dead set against all illegal immigration (hell, I live in Arizona where 75,000+ were detained in February of this year) but I have nothing against legal immigration. Right now we are still the country that offers the greatest opportunity for advancement and a good life for millions of people who live in the third world. If I lived there I'd want to come here too and I'll bet so would you. I've travelled the world (courtesy of the US Navy) and there's no place anywhere that offers our degree of freedom and opportunity. That's why so many are trying to get in before the Southern Border is walled off.
    I COULD CARE LESS THAT THEY WANT TO COME HERE, NOT MY PROBLEM. WHEN I PLAYED GOLF I WANTED TO JOIN THE BEST COUNTRY CLUB IN THE CITY BUT COULDN'T AFFORD IT, DID I STORM THE GATES AND DEMAND MEMBERSHIP? HELL YEAH I DID AND THEIR BIG ASS SECURITY GUARDS THREW MY ASS OUT ON MY HEAD. (Just kidding but you get my point)

I am in favor of any wall or other measure that prevents human trafficking and illegal immigration. But once you've shown people how we live you cannot shut the door to them. Most just want a better life for themselves and their family and they lack the means to make that happen in their own countries. I'm no bleeding heart. I'm just a realist and the reality is that since the only consequence they face for invading us is a slap on the wrist and possible deportation back where they came, they don't have any real incentive to stop coming here.
    SEE ABOVE ANSWER

Oh, and most aren't coming here to freeload off of us.
    BULLSHIT, ANOTHER LIBTARD MEDIA TALKING POINT THAT MOST LIKELY CANNOT BE PROVEN. I BELIEVE THAT MOST ARE COMING TO FREELOAD OFF THE WELFARE SYSTEM.

Sure, some do, but then way too many of our own citizens are doing the same thing. Most want to work, hard if necessary, to better themselves. Most aren't criminals, except for breaking our immigration law. What we need is a better system to handle the influx legally--better screening for criminals and slackers, but how would you like to be put on a thirty year waiting list?
    WHETHER OR NOT THEY WANT TO WORK IS NOT THE ISSUE, AND THE SHEAR FACT THAT THEY ENTER ILLEGALLY MAKES THEM CRIMINAL.

We need immigration reform that is based in reality and takes into account that some countries
    ANOTHER MEDIA TALKING POINT. WE DO NOT NEED ANY IMMIGRATION. WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS FIX OTHER THINGS LIKE PAYING 40 MILLION PEOPLE FOOD STAMPS
    --India, for example--produce very well educated and well trained doctors and high tech workers that we need here.
    SO LET THEM TAKE CARE OF THEIR SHIT HOLE COUNTRY

And yes, we need stoop labor for many of our crops. I SEE PLENTY OF YOUNG HEALTHY PEOPLE DRINKING 40 OZ ON THE PORCH DURING THE DAY, BETCHA THEY CAN STOOP AND PICK SOME WATERMELONS? YOU GET MY POINT RIGHT?

The problem is right now we're building a wall we should have built fifty years ago and that is incentivising illegals to run for our border as fast as they can. AGREE

They don't need incentives from the Democrats or a-hole billionaires like Soros. They are panicking at the thought of being shut out. AGREE

If the flood of illegals continues and their first experience on entering our country is to be treated like criminals, despised and made to feel unwanted they will vote Democrat as soon as they can--because they will believe Democrat lies about caring for them. THEY ARE CRIMINALS. AGAIN, SUPPOSITION. THE FACT IS THAT THEY COULDN'T CHANGE THE SHIT HOLE PLACE THAT THEY CAME FROM, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THEY WILL DO THE RIGHT THING HERE? THEY WONT.

But if they are allowed to work and prosper they will soon see through Democrat lies and will vote conservative and usually Republican. I've seen this happen with former illegals who became citizens. SOME DO SOME DON'T IM NOT WILLING TO TAKE THE RISK

I know I probably haven't changed your mind, but I hope I've given you something to think about. NO YOU DID NOT CHANGE MY MIND BECAUSE I AM RIGHT BUT I DID THINK ABOUT IT, HENCE MY RESPONSE!

The real problem is that we, the voters, haven't drained the swamp in DC, and that's on us.EXCELLENT FINISH!
    Prepared One, Chiefster23 and Inor like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Thanks @Wryter

I've made some notes in your quote, in all caps not yelling at you just so it stands out!

Slip;
    Hey @Wryter ….. I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I'm guessing you didn't sway Ole' Slip's mind one bit for even a second, huh?
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links