Jerry Cans
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Jerry Cans

This is a discussion on Jerry Cans within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Anyone have any experience with the Jerry Cans from Harbor Freight ? I want some gas cans I can carry safely in the back of ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Jerry Cans

Jerry Cans

Anyone have any experience with the Jerry Cans from Harbor Freight ? I want some gas cans I can carry safely in the back of my pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri.14 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the Jerry Cans from Harbor Freight ? I want some gas cans I can carry safely in the back of my pickup.
    I know there have been some issues with the cheap Chinese cans leaking, not sure about HF's specifically. I am also pretty sure they won't take them back once you put gas in them.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Everything from Harbor Freight is sub-par at best, and absolute trash at worst. If you buy from them with this understanding, you will at least know what you're getting.
    I buy from them ALL THE TIME, and keep my expectations tempered. I was quite pleased with the air brush kit I bought there, but it is not "commercial grade" by any means. It got the job done.

If you want real, NATO Jerry Cans, you will not find them at HF. You will find folded seams and leaky caps. They will hold liquid, but it will be unknown for how long and whether the seal will allow it to evaporate out.

If you want the real deal, and are willing to pay for it, I recommend https://wavianusa.com.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Those are the ones I have. Excellent!

Anything Harbor Freight sells is cheap and substandard. That does not mean some of it does not work for a given task. I would not store fuel of any kind in one of their cans long
    A Watchman likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Agreed, too risky.

Agree with @Kauboy

https://wavianusa.com/ Cans are great quality and after I bought my first 2 cans from Wavian, I swore I would never buy an plastic piece of crap fuel can ever again.

Cannot speak about Harbor Freight but I wouldn't risk them with fuel. I'd buy a Harbor Freight pair of needle nose pliers for a 1.99 but not a fuel can...

HF sells junk! COLEMAN’S MILITARY sell genuine Germany army fuel cans. I paid about $40 a piece for mine. Excellent quality and value. I’ve had mine for 2 years now without leaks or problems.

Invest in quality Jerry cans. I bought one from Harbor Freight and it started leaking from the weld seams after about a year. I have 4 cans that I get from Army surplus and in 4 years have had no issues. Don't go on the cheap with gas cans.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Thanks for the input. Y'all convinced me to NOT buy the HF Cans. Next Question, Nato Spout or some other type ? ( I hate those CARB compliant crap )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links