Modern Life Destroys Survival Instinct
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Modern Life Destroys Survival Instinct within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; How very true. Not only because people are Lazy (I can be as well), but it puts the sheeple right where the globalists want them. ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Modern Life Destroys Survival Instinct

How very true. Not only because people are Lazy (I can be as well), but it puts the sheeple right where the globalists want them. Helpless and dependent. Vulnerable to take advantage of. Compliant slaves.

Our world today would seem magical to our ancestors. Our needs are met almost immediately, we have clean water at the turn of a knob, heat at the push of a button, and light with the flip of a switch. Food is purchased in a box, ready to heat, and a person can prepare a meal in under 6 minutes using the microwave oven that’s a fixture in most modern kitchens.

Our world is clean, convenient, and loaded with abundant resources, things that took significant time and effort to produce in days gone by. And all of these resources are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t even have to go out and get the resources if we live in a town of much size – Uber and Instacart will bring your conveniences right to your door.

But all of this convenience comes at a high price, one we don’t even realize exists until a situation arises in which the ready answers aren’t there, the food is not available, and the dial on the thermostat no longer has any effect at all.

Modern life destroys survival instinct. Most folks just buy the answers to all of their problems and they have lost the ability to think. Self-reliance is an act of epic rebellion against the status quo.
    How Modern Life Destroys Survival Instinct

I agree, with one proviso.

Whether we liked it or hated it, we boomers were raised by the WWII generation. After they scrounged food during The Depression, they were rewarded by getting shot at by the Nazis and the Japanese. Trust me, they taught us the value of a dollar, excoriated us for wasting food, and made sure we had hard, crappy jobs as teenagers so we knew the value and rewards of work. We also learned respect for blue collar folks. In fact, to this day, I are one.

If you could feasibly be any of my children, I'm sorry I didn't kick your ass. That was my responsibility. But then, a book by Dr. Spock (not the Vulcan) spoiled any chance that you might become useful by accident. In my current job of 24 years, I have yet to find an apprentice. No computers are connected to 'wet rocks.'

What millennials identify as "prepping," I consider simply gathering the proper tools and food.
    RedLion and MisterMills357 like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Think of the propaganda how not to trust your senses that something is wrong. One is expected to stay in the white zone like sheep in a pasture rather that condition orange or red.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Another consequence of this will be when something does happen people will be so miserable they'll be willing to give up what's left of their freedoms for just a scrap of food and the illusion or promise of security. They will except anything.. just to make the pain go away.

I recall reading an article years ago (I truly wish I had kept it), about a massive snowstorm that hit the Midwest plains back in the late 1800's. Folks 'back east' were aghast. Something like 20 People died in the storm. How could they have been so naive? To go out into a wilderness and attempt to eek out a living? Living in solitude, or with just your family nearby? With the nearest human being 40 miles away? Shocking!

Fast forward a month, and a similar storm socks the east coast. More than 50 die, right in the safety of the 'big city'. Mostly because they had vendors come by every day with coal or firewood for the stove, bread, meat.... everything you needed brought right to your door. Then....... the supply line stops. The vendors can't get out with all the snow.

The city folks didn't realize they were living in a huge machine. And that machine broke down.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by C.L.Ripley View Post
    Another consequence of this will be when something does happen people will be so miserable they'll be willing to give up what's left of their freedoms for just a scrap of food and the illusion or promise of security. They will except anything.. just to make the pain go away.
    Benjamin Franklin parroted your view. He said, "In a world of freedom and sandwiches, most people would pick sandwiches."

History says he originally said, “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

That was too difficult for people to understand.
    Last edited by The Tourist; 02-21-2019 at 10:55 AM.
    MisterMills357 and Annie like this.

Isn't that the big plan. Flip the switch and millions will die and our country will be easily taken over. Neighbors will turn in friends just for something to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Benjamin Franklin parroted your view. He said, "In a world of freedom and sandwiches, most people would pick sandwiches."

History says he originally said, “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

That is too difficult for people to understand.
    Fify.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

...thank you...

If Franklin was here, he'd have made it applicable to modern America.

Our system now is designed to make people pedant on government not them self or each other. The liberal hand of government is were all thing that are needed or wanted need to pass through to you . They start teaching it in first grade in public schools .
    They enforce every night on the news and in most every TV show and movie.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links