Modern Life Destroys Survival Instinct - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Modern Life Destroys Survival Instinct

This is a discussion on Modern Life Destroys Survival Instinct within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Prepared One "In Time Delivery" is the key phrase. ........ I think it's Just In Time....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Modern Life Destroys Survival Instinct

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    "In Time Delivery" is the key phrase. ........
    I think it's Just In Time.
    T-Man 1066 and Prepared One like this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Number one on my list is grid down...Take the grid down and you take down the country.
    I have an idea for a good forum project.

Each member buys a roll of copper wire. We all meet at a central location, and build a Faraday Cage. Everyone who provided such a roll gets a free safety deposit box, and we rent out the rest to the other members for a few nickels. We'll need some revenue for future expansion or repairs.

Worst case scenario, no EMP bomb ever goes off and we sell the copper scrap for big bucks and we blow it on a three day party.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    How very true. Not only because people are Lazy (I can be as well), but it puts the sheeple right where the globalists want them. Helpless and dependent. Vulnerable to take advantage of. Compliant slaves.

How Modern Life Destroys Survival Instinct
    This is true and ironic on so many levels; that technology has "fixed" so many problems yet will in the end be our undoing. We don't know the same kind of hard, physical labor and suffering that our grandparents and great grandparents knew.

In general, during the Lost Generation's time the work ethic was still the code or creed of our country. The L.G. were able to endure suffering. They went through WW I and the Great Depression. The L.G. knew austerity. On the whole they owned only what they needed, no more and often they owned less than that. They saved everything. They made their own stuff instead of running to the store to buy it. When they bought, they saved up and paid in cash. They were austere. The husband maintained the headship and wives submitted.

But they ( the L.G.) neglected to teach their children (the Greatest Generation) what they had learned: how to endure suffering in their own lives for the sake of virtue. The men and women in that generation (GG) were often very good people, but they couldn't endure suffering in the same way as their parents. Suffering was only a means to obtain something better for their children. The G.G. parents wanted to give everything they could to the Boomers. They had indulged their children. The GGer's didn't pass on the faith in tact. It's that generation--Greatest Generationers--that gave us the pediphile priests, Roe vs Wade, feminism, credit cards, the decline of Christianity, etc, etc--all under their watch. And as @The Tourist mentioned, Dr Spock taught GG parents to raise their children to become effeminate and spoiled brats--again, in general, not all BB's are spoiled brats.

(Fr. Ripperger talks a lot about this in his sermons on youtube, btw).
    Last edited by Annie; 02-23-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    stevekozak and RedLion like this.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    @The Tourist mentioned, Dr Spock.
    A little stiff and humorless for me. But he did show me the Vulcan 'neck pinch,' and how to maneuver a starship out of a space station at a full 1/4 impulse power.

I felt Nurse Christine Chapel was a tad clingy, but I advised him she was out to seduce him. He responded, "I cannot believe my Vulcan ears," or a similar sounding adjective...
    Annie likes this.

Double post.

EXCELLENT! I can't wait to show-off my bike to fellow bikers! Mine is FAST! Hope you boys can keep up!

Name:  Slippy's fast bike.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  110.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Yavanna, I know I cannot ship you contraband, but you mentioned assembling furniture. I still have my tools from when I worked at Harley-Davidson.

Is there a special wrench or set of sockets you cannot get in Brazil? Mine are American. Is your standard British or Whitworth?

I didn't know it was just your mother and yourself. I'm sorry for that. I am a member of two forums here, and we watch each other like brothers. I hope we grant you the same kindness. I have never met Slippy or Smitty901, but I would welcome them just because we met here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    We shall meet for coffee This weather has been a pain. I can get the bike out but not back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    EXCELLENT! I can't wait to show-off my bike to fellow bikers! Mine is FAST! Hope you boys can keep up!

Name:  Slippy's fast bike.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  110.8 KB
    You do know those things are cool.
    High tec. We can not hide in ignorance but a shame we have to surrender our freedom and life to tec. Life was so easy when Dad and mom ran the show. All I had to do was follow a few reasonable rules. Make sure I did not use up the last inch of rope they gave me. I could rebuild Dads car or truck at 13 and fix anything on my motorcycle. Explaining to Mom and Dad why we were working on the engine in the house in end made sense to them. The motorboat in the pool end up being just a Had to clean it like it never happened lessons learned. I pity most children today.
    Slippy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I know that they make some 600cc step through scooters, and I've been wondering about getting one for in town. I would also have to use Hwy 151, so doing 65 would also be a help.

But I must admit, that's a cute little bike. The gas tank screams 'Early Sportster.'

Quote Originally Posted by C.L.Ripley View Post
    Another consequence of this will be when something does happen people will be so miserable they'll be willing to give up what's left of their freedoms for just a scrap of food and the illusion or promise of security. They will except anything.. just to make the pain go away.
    An intended consequence, I very much suspect!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    This is true and ironic on so many levels; that technology has "fixed" so many problems yet will in the end be our undoing. We don't know the same kind of hard, physical labor and suffering that our grandparents and great grandparents knew.

In general, during the Lost Generation's time the work ethic was still the code or creed of our country. The L.G. were able to endure suffering. They went through WW I and the Great Depression. The L.G. knew austerity. On the whole they owned only what they needed, no more and often they owned less than that. They saved everything. They made their own stuff instead of running to the store to buy it. When they bought, they saved up and paid in cash. They were austere. The husband maintained the headship and wives submitted.

But they ( the L.G.) neglected to teach their children (the Greatest Generation) what they had learned: how to endure suffering in their own lives for the sake of virtue. The men and women in that generation (GG) were often very good people, but they couldn't endure suffering in the same way as their parents. Suffering was only a means to obtain something better for their children. The G.G. parents wanted to give everything they could to the Boomers. They had indulged their children. The GGer's didn't pass on the faith in tact. It's that generation--Greatest Generationers--that gave us the pediphile priests, Roe vs Wade, feminism, credit cards, the decline of Christianity, etc, etc--all under their watch. And as @The Tourist mentioned, Dr Spock taught GG parents to raise their children to become effeminate and spoiled brats--again, in general, not all BB's are spoiled brats.

(Fr. Ripperger talks a lot about this in his sermons on youtube, btw).
    I agree with most of your idea Annie, but I'm not convinced it happened that quick, (one generation) that worked hard to give it all to their kids. I feel it took 2 if not 3 generations to get where we are now. I was born in 71, my generation is just as much to blame, wanting to give their kids everything they didn't have and not having to work for it. And the generation that followed me... there are very few of them that have any real chance of a future. (just my opinion)
    Annie likes this.
    Everybody seems to have a right, but who has any responsibility?

"It's better to keep your mouth closed and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" - Abe Lincoln

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links