How long are you good for? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How long are you good for?

This is a discussion on How long are you good for? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; A couple of hours ago I went to Walmart to buy several cases of canned veggies only to find the shelves cleared out. The heck? ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: How long are you good for?

Super Moderator

A couple of hours ago I went to Walmart to buy several cases of canned veggies only to find the shelves cleared out. The heck? The only thing I could figure was that @MikeTango beat me to it.
    MikeTango likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Depends on what goes down, . . . and how many blue jays come to my feeding station. I hear they taste like chicken.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    They don't, at least Grey Jays don't taste like chicken. Wilderness survival course I once did in CO.
    dwight55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Not your wishes or best case scenarios. Using realistic scenarios with the stores all closed and a pandemic means no contact outside your immediate group.. How long are you and your group good for it SHTF happened now? Not tomorrow but now. No stores, only fuel and food you've got in your on your property at 2000 calories per day. Streets are dangerous and mostly blocked with dead cars. Trade is not an option for several months from a pandemic. The black plague lasted for 4 1/2 years.

Reports on the TV today, the next day all is shut down along with the electric grid, water and natural gas stops within a few days.

No easy way to melt lead for bullets or purifying water, no extra tampons for the lady, No Rambo movies on TV. Got preps for all that?

Assuming all of your group was at home how long could you stay on your property?
    Damn, I thought this was a site for preppers, I'm surprised at how few could go more than 4 months.

Sounds like a lot to ammo talk but not much actual prepping.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    A couple of hours ago I went to Walmart to buy several cases of canned veggies only to find the shelves cleared out. The heck? The only thing I could figure was that @MikeTango beat me to it.
    It wasn’t me... haven’t been down to your Walmart since just before Christmas.

We did make it to the Walmart up here yesterday. I was surprised at how well the shelves were stocked. It was a madhouse.

We’re in need of more shelving before adding to our supply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTango View Post
    It wasn’t me... haven’t been down to your Walmart since just before Christmas.

We did make it to the Walmart up here yesterday. I was surprised at how well the shelves were stocked. It was a madhouse.

We’re in need of more shelving before adding to our supply.

I understand. I need a bigger house.
    MikeTango likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    They don't, at least Grey Jays don't taste like chicken. Wilderness survival course I once did in CO.
    Haven’t tasted a Grey Jay (we called them Camp Robbers) or formal ID, Clark’s Nutcracker. I did shoot one with a steel ball bearing and wrist rocket sling shot once when I was a kid. He was perched on spruce bow about twenty feet away. Hit him right in the breast, feathers flew everywhere, he somersaulted backwards several times in mid air and proceeded to fly away.

Toughest bird I had ever hit! Bet they’re chewy...

Denton and Elvis like this.

before we moved I would have said 1 year, but having eaten down some of the preps.... 6 months +- and we would all be skinnier
    Be a Berean

Build some shelves, add a closet out in the garage, buy one of those large plastic garden boxes.
    There is always storage space available.
    Last edited by Elvis; 01-23-2019 at 06:50 AM.
    Annie and NewRiverGeorge like this.

That's a difficult question to answer. The best answer I have is it depends. It depends what the refugee flow is, how much rain we get, and what time of year it is. It depends on how quickly I can get crops in, how much water we get to water said crops, and whether I can(see her is where ammo comes in) defend it.
    Annie likes this.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

My preps be bad, I need to load up!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links