Nuke Survival >>>> Don't Let Hollyweird BS You
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Nuke Survival >>>> Don't Let Hollyweird BS You within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; with the current international revival of Putin's Russia - and the end of the US apathy and Trump's confrontation - a nuke war and the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Nuke Survival >>>> Don't Let Hollyweird BS You

with the current international revival of Putin's Russia - and the end of the US apathy and Trump's confrontation - a nuke war and the possibility of nuke weapon use is higher currently than since the early 1980s and the old USSR days ....

SurvivalBlog has published a 3part article submitted by an outside author >>>> it's a glossing over - just a primary introduction of what basics you should know and investigate more deeply - a topic that's only a paragraph mention is a vital subject that's covered by a whole chapter in the nuke survival bibles of Dr Clayton and Kearny ....

https://survivalblog.com/nuclear-war...adscout/print/

if you're just getting started - haven't broached the SHTF subject of nuke survival (it's not only a war possibility) - already mentioned are the couple of "grand dads" on the subject that authored the best ever books on the subject >>> here's a free PDF download of their books - a full hardback copy is advised - certain pages should be copied and cached as reference guides to necessary survival knowledge ....

http://www.ki4u.com/nwss.pdf

http://armageddononline.org/PDF/Misc...20DOOMSDAY.pdf

if you get into the SHTF - one of the types that database every possible piece of info available - a fellow prepper has already done the hard part for us - Rich Fleetwood is really the guru on the subject and his website is the depository - SurvivalRing.org has it all for downloading ...

Rich has had some problems in the last few years - would really appreciate a donation contribution for keeping the website alive & available .....

http://www.survivalring.org/
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 01-04-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    Sasquatch, Denton, Annie and 5 others like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Super Moderator

@Illini Warrior good post. I'm bookmarking it so I can go back to read this when I have the time. There's a lot of information. Living in the Tri-State area, there might not be too much hope for me. I should think anything near NYC would be leveled to the ground in the event of a nuclear holocaust. But I'm open to learning more.

A little off topic, but something Rich might want to consider:
    With the release of Chrome 68, Google is officially marking ALL websites who don’t use “HTTPS” for their website domain as “not secure”. This prevents websites from being SEO friendly. This "not secure" message pops up in the address bar. He might want to consider enabling the SSL on his website, then republish.
    Denton likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered: and let them that hate Him flee from before His face. --Propers for Pentecost

Annie, there's an old saying that when the government rolls out a new jet plane, they are already seven years ahead of the technology you just saw.

Sure, they once had trouble cracking a smart phone, but it looks like most providers are now offering "help" to the government. I believe that if you put something on the 'net--even something so skilled and foolproof that Kim Komando can't figure it out--there's a post-cracker in the Pentagon that just got a secret copy.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    @Illini Warrior good post. I'm bookmarking it so I can go back to read this when I have the time. There's a lot of information. Living in the Tri-State area, there might not be too much hope for me. I should think anything near NYC would be leveled to the ground in the event of a nuclear holocaust. But I'm open to learning more.

With the release of Chrome 68, Google is officially marking ALL websites who don’t use “HTTPS” for their website domain as “not secure”. This prevents websites from being SEO friendly. This "not secure" message pops up in the address bar. He might want to consider enabling the SSL on his website, then republish.

a problem I see frequently in prepping - a partial crowd that just throws up their hands and surrenders when the nuke SHTF topic pops up ...

unfortunately nuke prepping is solely perceived as preparing with a bunker for a nuke war exchange of missiles ...

we've already had a couple of incidents of the serious - but totally surviable - nuke accidents >>>> the US even came close decades ago

all kinds of possible nuke SHTFs that the basic prep supplies will be necessary >>> if you want to be ahead of the sheeple scramble - you'll have the basic nuke prep supplies as well ...
    stevekozak likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    a problem I see frequently in prepping - a partial crowd that just throws up their hands and surrenders when the nuke SHTF topic pops up ...

unfortunately nuke prepping is solely perceived as preparing with a bunker for a nuke war exchange of missiles ...

we've already had a couple of incidents of the serious - but totally surviable - nuke accidents >>>> the US even came close decades ago

all kinds of possible nuke SHTFs that the basic prep supplies will be necessary >>> if you want to be ahead of the sheeple scramble - you'll have the basic nuke prep supplies as well ...
    In general I have to have the ability to look realistically at the situation in the world as it stands, but not without hope. That hope is what motivates me to prepare.
    Hidden Content
    Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered: and let them that hate Him flee from before His face. --Propers for Pentecost

Annie, Mel Tappan wrote several books on the early days of prepping. I don't even think it was called that then.

One thing you'll find is that he tracked wind movements, looking for the areas of the country that would have the lowest fall-out count.

If memory serves, he settled in Eugene, Oregon, where he died, I believe.
    Annie likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Annie, there's an old saying that when the government rolls out a new jet plane, they are already seven years ahead of the technology you just saw.

Sure, they once had trouble cracking a smart phone, but it looks like most providers are now offering "help" to the government. I believe that if you put something on the 'net--even something so skilled and foolproof that Kim Komando can't figure it out--there's a post-cracker in the Pentagon that just got a secret copy.

If I'm understanding you correctly, it's not so much about that type of security that Google's concerning itself with here. Not the government... It's more about preventing the nasty little guys out their on the interwebs who like to hijack websites and redirect people to their own, that type of thing.

https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/6284029?hl=en
    There are three main benefits to using HTTPS instead of HTTP to access your blog:

-It helps check that your visitors open the correct website and aren’t being redirected to a malicious site.
    -It helps detect if an attacker tries to change any data sent from Blogger [and other sites] to the visitor.
    -It adds security measures that make it harder for other people to listen to your visitors’ conversations, track their activities, or steal their information.
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Annie, Mel Tappan wrote several books on the early days of prepping. I don't even think it was called that then.

One thing you'll find is that he tracked wind movements, looking for the areas of the country that would have the lowest fall-out count.

If memory serves, he settled in Eugene, Oregon, where he died, I believe.
    These were some good reads as I recall:

Hiroshima Paperback
    by John Hersey

Alas, Babylon
    by Pat Frank
    stevekozak likes this.
    Hidden Content

These were some good reads as I recall:

Hiroshima Paperback
    by John Hersey

Alas, Babylon
    by Pat Frank
    Alas, Babylon is a great book, even if it is not necessarily realistic about the outcome of nuclear war. On The Beach is a good one with what I consider to be a more likely end. Last Ship is another with some interesting outcomes.
    Annie likes this.

Super Moderator

I just "stuck" this thread. It won't get buried.
    Annie and A Watchman like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links