Nuke Survival >>>> Don't Let Hollyweird BS You - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Nuke Survival >>>> Don't Let Hollyweird BS You

This is a discussion on Nuke Survival >>>> Don't Let Hollyweird BS You within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by The Tourist Annie, Mel Tappan wrote several books on the early days of prepping. I don't even think it was called that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Nuke Survival >>>> Don't Let Hollyweird BS You

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Annie, Mel Tappan wrote several books on the early days of prepping. I don't even think it was called that then.

One thing you'll find is that he tracked wind movements, looking for the areas of the country that would have the lowest fall-out count.

If memory serves, he settled in Eugene, Oregon, where he died, I believe.

most of the charts and maps concerning the nuke warfare are totally obsolete - most are from the nuke hay days of the 1960-70s - targets change for various reasons - the global politics alone have drastically altered targeting - and there's more precise targeted nukes around than ever ....
    Denton likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Super Moderator

Turning a basement into a safe room for either a nuclear event or a tornado... Check out this guys faux panty. Awesome. It looks like a panty, but you can push the doors open and go downstairs.

Denton likes this.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Super Moderator

Here's a pretty awesome do it yourself idea. I bet my brother would do this with me. Think of what it would cost to have this built by a professional.

Denton likes this.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Not sure I would like to survive a nuclear holocaust
    RedLion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by whitedeath81 View Post
    Not sure I would like to survive a nuclear holocaust

trouble is that a prepper prepares for a "nuclear event" and not just a full nuke exchange >>>> and the world has experienced several major events that were/could be eazily survived - latest in Japan ...

quite a bit of crossover prepping between pandemics and nukes - definitely would be prepared for the very probable disease spread during a serious SHTF ....
    RedLion likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    trouble is that a prepper prepares for a "nuclear event" and not just a full nuke exchange >>>> and the world has experienced several major events that were/could be eazily survived - latest in Japan ...

quite a bit of crossover prepping between pandemics and nukes - definitely would be prepared for the very probable disease spread during a serious SHTF ....
    A full exchange no... but even if our ao was near it be total loss.

most of the charts and maps concerning the nuke warfare are totally obsolete - most are from the nuke hay days of the 1960-70s
    This is good to know. But in viewing the works of Mr. Tappan, obviously he lived--and died--in the period you mention. Perhaps a new dedicated prepper should view his work and update it for modern citizens.

Just the new technology would take up most of this book. For example, while gasoline might be scarce in "Dystopia America," we now have portable generators for all-electric cars. We have modern crossbows that break +400 FPS. Any idiot can buy bulletproof vests.

I have "common" knives that can punch through any medium you can name. Most of these alloys were owned and used exclusively by the government until recently. Heck, I sell this stuff, and I cannot figure out these mystery, super metals.

For example, I just bought a few super fast folders. If I could get into a time machine and go back to the 1960s, the fanboys would marvel at the display. I pay only 40 bucks for these toys, which converts to under four dollars in that time period.

My point is simple. Time marches on, and technology doubles every four years. We need a modern version of Mr. Tappan.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    This is good to know. But in viewing the works of Mr. Tappan, obviously he lived--and died--in the period you mention. Perhaps a new dedicated prepper should view his work and update it for modern citizens.

Just the new technology would take up most of this book. For example, while gasoline might be scarce in "Dystopia America," we now have portable generators for all-electric cars. We have modern crossbows that break +400 FPS. Any idiot can buy bulletproof vests.

I have "common" knives that can punch through any medium you can name. Most of these alloys were owned and used exclusively by the government until recently. Heck, I sell this stuff, and I cannot figure out these mystery, super metals.

For example, I just bought a few super fast folders. If I could get into a time machine and go back to the 1960s, the fanboys would marvel at the display. I pay only 40 bucks for these toys, which converts to under four dollars in that time period.

My point is simple. Time marches on, and technology doubles every four years. We need a modern version of Mr. Tappan.

it's not only technology but just change in policy and tactics to update for current world situations - the USAF ended the full alert SAC bombers years ago >>> now they are back again with an even more aggressive strike program .... NORAD moved out of Cheyenne Mt for years and with the new Russian aggression did a full facility technology update and moved to the underside again ...

what was recently laughable - the Russians recently threaten us with a nuke strike - at least two of the targets were years/decade out of date closed down military bases >>>> even they aren't up to date with the propaganda ....
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 03-17-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    Denton likes this.

Thanks for information , good post,

it's not only technology but just change in policy and tactics to update for current world situations
    @Illini Warrior, I'm glad you post as you do. You are quite correct, I'm more on the "technology" side of the aisle. If a guy wanted a knife that could punch through Kevlar and never rust in his lifetime, I could probably find that prepper an easy half-dozen.

Now, what I am not familiar with is tactics and modern situations. For example, Wisconsin has a fairly 'liberal' (and I mean that in its best sense) policy for weapons, including a CCW provision and making switchblades legal for over +2 years. In fact, I just read an article in the latest "Blade" magazine about the Draconian measures New York City has for any folder the law deems as a 'switchblade.' That includes gravity knives and any other folder that can be opened with a flick of the wrist. Heck, most older and worn folders will flip open. They made it sound like the State was using folders as a "cash cow." Find a guy with a folder--even if he uses it for working--and you have a quick and easy fine due the court.

I read that article with a legal switchblade in my pocket.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links