Doubts on being a prepper. (IMPORTANT)
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Doubts on being a prepper. (IMPORTANT)

This is a discussion on Doubts on being a prepper. (IMPORTANT) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I am in no way the one doubting prepping. I am talking about the majority of the public. My concern is about the people who ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Doubts on being a prepper. (IMPORTANT)

Exclamation Doubts on being a prepper. (IMPORTANT)

I am in no way the one doubting prepping.
    I am talking about the majority of the public.
    My concern is about the people who think that we are "crazy" or "paranoid."
    Some may argue we should fend for ourselves and screw the people who doubted us but the 1% of us is not enough.

I have binged watched "Prepper Network's" youtube videos, which are of the national geographic preppers show and the netflix deep earth bunker show. In the comments many people say stuff like:

Willow DaLah
    "Why are they preparing for a specific disaster?
    Shouldn’t you prepare for ALL disasters? Or just pick one that’s pretty much covering most of them."

and

branden8045 theultramangofighter
    "The family preppers i think
    Are mentally and emotionaly sick
    They need to take there kids away
    His wife ligit gives it all away"

Many other negative comments make good points (like the first comment), and some (like the second comment) are just slander

How can we deal with this? Very important.

Super Moderator

I don't watch any of that stuff. What do I do? I keep doing what I think is needed to be done.

Who bases their actions on TV and Netflix, anyway? Seriously? Reconsider your way of thinking.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Who bases their actions on TV and Netflix, anyway? Seriously? Reconsider your way of thinking.[/QUOTE]

Im not basing my actions on it, i'm just saying that we need in some way for new people to find out the consequences of bad things.
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
    Who bases their actions on TV and Netflix, anyway? Seriously? Reconsider your way of thinking.
    Im not basing my actions on it, i'm just saying that we need in some way for new people to find out the consequences of bad things.[/QUOTE]

New ways? How'd you get into prepping? Was it some stupid TV show or did you realize there are good reasons to prepare?

Shows are a byproduct. Do as I do. Never mind them. Those who see the dangers will prep. Those who really don't won't really be in it, anyway.
    NewRiverGeorge and inceptor like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

1) pull head out of rectum

2) say Hi, introduce

3) Don.t be an A-hole first post
    Slippy, hawgrider and inceptor like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    1) pull head out of rectum

2) say Hi, introduce

3) Don.t be an A-hole first post
    #2 Done did that.
    Dr. Gregory House

Missed #2 Denton
    Denton likes this.

I watched part of a couple of those prepper TV shows and decided they are either nuts and or making a profit from the show.

But I think the general public thinks that's what all preppers are like.

There are a lot of facets to what a prepper is. Some of us have a BOL, some a bunker, others have 1-3 year stock pile of food and water in the basement, and some are prepped for a number of weeks for a natural disaster, I'm the latter, if it ends up being worse than that, I'm still well ahead of the curve.

I always get "the look", I'm prepping for the natural disaster and I explain that, remind them of Katrina, Northridge quake etc. and "the look" tends to fade.

if I have two loaves of bread and can spare one, I will share, if I can't spare one, you best move on down the road.

You can't protect people from themselves, if they think we're nuts and choose to ignore history, then they are going to be screwed.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Wrench View Post
    I watched part of a couple of those prepper TV shows and decided they are either nuts and or making a profit from the show.

But I think the general public thinks that's what all preppers are like.

There are a lot of facets to what a prepper is. Some of us have a BOL, some a bunker, others have 1-3 year stock pile of food and water in the basement, and some are prepped for a number of weeks for a natural disaster, I'm the latter, if it ends up being worse than that, I'm still well ahead of the curve.

I always get "the look", I'm prepping for the natural disaster and I explain that, remind them of Katrina, Northridge quake etc. and "the look" tends to fade.

if I have two loaves of bread and can spare one, I will share, if I can't spare one, you best move on down the road.

You can't protect people from themselves, if they think we're nuts and choose to ignore history, then they are going to be screwed.
    It's funny, 'cuz I was musing along these same lines today. I recently moved to Medford, and the stores here are like football stadiums. Good Grief! I went into WinCo, and even as a first world citizen accustomed to such, STILL I was ASTOUNDED at the endless volume of food and supplies, meats, and perishables all stacked under one gargantuan roof. And I though "it's no wonder people have a normalcy bias... this stuff fills their eyes year after year without fail"... and it is thus taken for granted. Yet we also know that, under the right set of bad circumstances, those shelves would be EMPTIED in a few days with no more coming to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
    I am in no way the one doubting prepping.
    I am talking about the majority of the public.
    My concern is about the people who think that we are "crazy" or "paranoid."
    Some may argue we should fend for ourselves and screw the people who doubted us but the 1% of us is not enough.

I have binged watched "Prepper Network's" youtube videos, which are of the national geographic preppers show and the netflix deep earth bunker show. In the comments many people say stuff like:

Willow DaLah
    "Why are they preparing for a specific disaster?
    Shouldn’t you prepare for ALL disasters? Or just pick one that’s pretty much covering most of them."

and

branden8045 theultramangofighter
    "The family preppers i think
    Are mentally and emotionaly sick
    They need to take there kids away
    His wife ligit gives it all away"

Many other negative comments make good points (like the first comment), and some (like the second comment) are just slander

How can we deal with this? Very important.
    One word: OPSEC
    If they don't KNOW you got hookers buried under the back porch, they won't call you crazy.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links