Doubts on being a prepper. (IMPORTANT) - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Doubts on being a prepper. (IMPORTANT)

This is a discussion on Doubts on being a prepper. (IMPORTANT) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; The general public has always been behind the curve. While I feel sorry for them, you can't feed or care for everyone. One scenario that ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Doubts on being a prepper. (IMPORTANT)

The general public has always been behind the curve. While I feel sorry for them, you can't feed or care for everyone.
    One scenario that bothers me is the young woman with a child or two who comes to the house looking for food. If you
    give her food, she could be a spy looking for gullible people and then the gang comes in and plunders your house. But
    let's say she is what she appears and you give her food. She'll be back tomorrow, and the day after taht, and the day
    after that. How long before she says something about you to one other person. Suddenly there is 10 or 20 or 30 people
    wanting food. What happens when you can't or won't give them any more food. My guess, they'll try to take!
    Sooo, I try to keep low key. I pray I don't get into a situation like the above. If some innocent looking person like in the
    above scenario won't go away, and I'm forced to open the door, I plan on asking if she has brought food for me and the wife.
    Denton, Prepared One, Joe and 1 others like this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Years ago When father in law died. It became my duty to look after Mother in law a duty I truly enjoy. I knew she would stay in her home as long as she could. I purchased a Generator myself and put it there . Few others in the family questioned why she would need it. They forgot that there Dad my father in law took care of all that stuff he had a few ways to make power if needed. When the farm equipment was auctioned off all that stuff left. First big storm the next winter power was out. Other Bother in law on snow mobile went to check on her. She was sitting in a warm house with most of the lights on. Most of us figured she would come live with us in a few years. That was over 20 years ago she still going strong. Her room here is still waiting.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I sleep very well at night knowing I am prepared for what ever happens to come my way.
    I moved all my LDS cases of wheat, oatmeal, flour, salt, etc to underneath our raised old style queen bed.. I sleep well on part of my preps...lol
    Prepared One, paraquack and Joe like this.
    Be a Berean

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    let's say she is what she appears and you give her food. She'll be back tomorrow, and the day after taht, and the day
    after that. How long before she says something about you to one other person.
    my plan is to give out PB and J sandwiches...so as long as they want PBJ 3 meals a day 7/24
    Be a Berean

North Carolina Mountains, yeah I'm a hillbilly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    1) pull head out of rectum

2) say Hi, introduce

3) Don.t be an A-hole first post
    Chill dude, it's an internet forum.

North Carolina Mountains, yeah I'm a hillbilly...
    OP My advice is to keep your cards close to your chest. Don't open up about your prepping to ANYBODY. Not friends, not family, NO ONE. OPSEC is of the utmost importance. People who lacked foresight to prep have brought hardship on themselves. That sounds harsh I know, but ultimately, your job is to take care of yourself, your immediate family, and your tribe, in that order. People will always see preppers as odd, they always have.
    Joe and Camel923 like this.

@Maine-Marine I'm coming to your house. I love me some PB&J, especially if I have nothing else to eat for a few days
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

I wish prepping was more excepted, more of a lifestyle for Americans. I admire the current head of FEMA for trying, he said he would like to build a culture of preparedness in America. But I don't ever see the basic dynamic changing. People have become to spoiled and to dependent on the system and the government. Long as they have their distractions they're not going to listen to things that make them feel uncomfortable. I've noticed posting almost ANYTHING along the lines of preparedness on non-prepping sites draws an almost visceral reaction. It takes them out of their comfort zone and they often cover up their fear and normalcy bias with jokes and mockery. Some of them can be very nasty about it. It's an automatic defensive reaction for some. Unfortunately many of these people are simply unreachable. Someday something will happen and when it does natural selection will show them no mercy. It's to bad, but I don't think anything's going to change that.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Right after I hit send on the last post , went in to check on bacon that had been started it was almost ready. Pot of coffee was ready. Then darkness power went out. Quick look out farm yard lights about mile away out also. 10 year old Grandson , I have the Flash light, grandpa lets get the fire going. Wife on cell phone call check on Grandma. Yes hers is out also 3 miles away. She good for now. Pan was hot bacon done. Wife saves the coffee puts it in a canter to keep it hot. Fire up and going quickly. Decide if the estimate is under two hours not to start generator. Sit back and enjoy pound of bacon and coffee. Power company says about 1 hour Large outage, equipment issues.
    Went over again with Grandson how to start the wood burn the right way, he talked me through the steps as it should be. So it seems the plan works.
    One of the many and perfect examples of why we prep. Its not crazy it is just plain common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    One of the many and perfect examples of why we prep. Its not crazy it is just plain common sense.
    Sadly, common sense just ain't that common these days.
    Annie and Joe like this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links