Resources derived from vehicles - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Resources derived from vehicles

This is a discussion on Resources derived from vehicles within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; @ Kauboy , please share your creation with the rest of the class when your done...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Resources derived from vehicles

@Kauboy , please share your creation with the rest of the class when your done
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

You know, leaf and coil springs are usually 5160 steel. They make great blades. It doesn't actually have to be a car either, trailer springs work good too.
    Lunatic Wrench likes this.

Can't believe I overlooked the suspension.
    Had a roofing boss years ago that used to weld about 1' of a leaf spring to the end of a 2" pipe to us as a demolition bar when tarring off hot tar roofs or what ever needed a big pry bar, things worked great.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Back in the late 80s when MacGyver (original version) was at the height of popularity, I had made a comment to my step dad about how he was able to make something from nothing...

without missing a beat, he turned to me and said aawww, that MacGyver could make a bomb out of horse shit and apple butter.

I still laugh to this day when I think of that.
    Lunatic Wrench likes this.
    Everybody seems to have a right, but who has any responsibility?

"It's better to keep your mouth closed and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" - Abe Lincoln

@BookWorm
    That show was great, I saw a couple scenes on youtube a year or so ago, cracked me up that I thought it was so good, but it was the 80's that also brought us Night rider, Airwolf and the A team.
    BookWorm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BookWorm View Post
    Back in the late 80s when MacGyver (original version) was at the height of popularity, I had made a comment to my step dad about how he was able to make something from nothing...

without missing a beat, he turned to me and said aawww, that MacGyver could make a bomb out of horse shit and apple butter.

I still laugh to this day when I think of that.

BookWorm likes this.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Wrench View Post
    @BookWorm
    That show was great, I saw a couple scenes on youtube a year or so ago, cracked me up that I thought it was so good, but it was the 80's that also brought us Night rider, Airwolf and the A team.
    And Miami Vice, Magnum PI, Dukes of Hazzard, The Fall Guy, TJ Hooker, Riptide to name a few more. Yes, TV was much different then. What was good action in 1984 is a joke now a days... but we were mesmerized by it at the time. But if you compare action of the 80s to that of the 60s when all the tv westerns were on... getting shot and falling off a roof was good action back then. They never even showed a bullet impact, blood splatter, just fell forward hunched over and dead. They were impressed with that back then.
    Everybody seems to have a right, but who has any responsibility?

"It's better to keep your mouth closed and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by BookWorm View Post
    ........... the 60s when all the tv westerns were on... getting shot and falling off a roof was good action back then. They never even showed a bullet impact, blood splatter, just fell forward hunched over and dead. They were impressed with that back then.
    One just ONE whack on the back of the head with the butt of a revolver (or a rock) will put someone on the ground for quite a while.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

I miss the old Westerns, every now and then I will run across one and watch it.
    Can't go wrong with Jimmy Stewart, Lee Marvin, McQueen, Mitchum, Lancaster, The Duke, Eastwood, Bronson, Fonda, Glenn Ford, Douglas...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links