Sleep apnea - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sleep apnea

This is a discussion on Sleep apnea within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Deebo Yes sir, its a resmed. The wife can make a cozy easy. I will call the suplly company, and see about ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Sleep apnea

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    Yes sir, its a resmed. The wife can make a cozy easy.
    I will call the suplly company, and see about getting prescription for battery.
    I don't think a nasel only will work for me, I cant keep my mouth shut.
    I also use the resmed. Have had it for ten years. I went through a variety of masks, finally settled on the full face... Took less than an hour to get used to it... According to wife. Went through the rain out problem as well, woke up several nights to a loud bubbling sound , made the mistake once of lifting the hose to try and figure out the problem... Damned near drowned. Tweaked things and no more rain. Only problem ow is I wake up some nights with the mask in my hand and not on my face. Wife thinks this is funny to see me sound asleep with the mask in mid air.
    inceptor likes this.
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Sorta the same here on the sleep position..I normally go on the side sorta tilted toward belly down and seem to have to sleep on one arm...which cuts off the blood supply to the arm which wakes me up. I been threating to invent a bed with a hole it to dangle one arm down the hole. Hey any of you old codgers having to go winky tinky at night a lot..got some stuff called flowmax from my doctor. Really does help in that dept.
    I am going to look at a pillow today, that is supposed to have the cutout! I also sleep with one arm under my head, and sometimes wake up feeling like someone tried to rip my arm off.
    I will update soon.
    Slept ok last night, my mornings " I seem less grouchy".
    Did have a bit of a sore throat, and a stuffy nose, so I will back track and see what oil was recommended on the first few pages.
    bigwheel likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Gunn View Post
    A couple of thing here: 1. Mentioned here, an EMP situation, If you can find a CPAP brand name "Niagara" (Not Made Anymore) it runs on rechargeable batteries. And I bought a solar charger to use with it. 2. If you get "Rain Out" in the mask or the tube, room temp is to low and condensation is building up. To stop this in the tube have someone sew a "Cozy" for it. That is a tube of cloth that covers the whole CPAP tube. My temperature on mine is set at zero, I can get by on passive humidification. In fact I have been known to put distilled water ice cubes in my tank in the summer. Rain out is very common in the winter. I heard a lot that they couldn't use their CPAP when they had a plugged up nose. BS , get some Pure Eucalyptus oil, put a few drops in the tub. Just like a aroma therapy "Vaporizer".
    The newer CPAP's are real quiet. I always preferred the Resmed brand but to each his own.
    The condensation issue is good, setting on 2 now. I will grab Some Pure Eucalyptus Oil.
    And, yes, its a Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot63 View Post
    I also use the resmed. Have had it for ten years. I went through a variety of masks, finally settled on the full face... Took less than an hour to get used to it... According to wife. Went through the rain out problem as well, woke up several nights to a loud bubbling sound , made the mistake once of lifting the hose to try and figure out the problem... Damned near drowned. Tweaked things and no more rain. Only problem ow is I wake up some nights with the mask in my hand and not on my face. Wife thinks this is funny to see me sound asleep with the mask in mid air.
    When I first started using the heated humidifier, I almost drowned also. About the waking up with mask in hand, you might want to have your CPAP "Downloaded". That is where they take the chip and actually read it. It can tell you how you are doing on a night by night basis. I know I have had to have minor changes through the years.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

Ok, no pillows that I saw were worth a shit.
    I see some online, probably order one.
    Also stopped by battery store, to get quote, and will probably end up with just a DC converter, tied to the truck.
    bigwheel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    Ok, no pillows that I saw were worth a shit.
    I see some online, probably order one.
    Also stopped by battery store, to get quote, and will probably end up with just a DC converter, tied to the truck.
    If I remember correctly; the brand of CPAP pillow we carried was Invacare. We did not sell a lot of them but I think it was the best offered at the time. We conducted business differently. I had 3-5 patients that helped me test equipment.. If the supplier wanted me to carry an item, they had to give me several of them free to try out. I gave them to patients and myself or wife. We used them for 1 week. Then we got together and talked about them. If the majority liked and got benefit from them we then carried the item.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links