Am/FM with CD player - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Am/FM with CD player

This is a discussion on Am/FM with CD player within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Sasquatch You mean because it's not a Prius? No they haven't started ticketing me yet but I expect it soon. Sent from ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Am/FM with CD player

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    You mean because it's not a Prius? No they haven't started ticketing me yet but I expect it soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Just noticed I need to start proof reading before I got send lol...d9nt instead of don't...nothing wrong with a Prius..long as it's not your only car

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Bose sound great. This is a used one on eBay. About a quarter of a new one.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Amazing how few radios have AM. At least those in store right now. I found one that fits what she wants. It Has AM/FM, CD and battery back up about 19 hours on battery. It is small but has good sound so she can place it where she wants it. It also does not require a two week on line course to learn how to use it. She will never know what it cost , I won't tell her. With batteries , tax it came to $70 .
    Grandma likes her radio bingo. There are also a few other local things on AM she likes to listen to. I think the one she has in about 20 plus years old and on it's last breath. Of course Grandma can't figure out why heck that is, it's only 20 years old.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

That's interesting.

I understand why cassettes, 8 tracks, buggy whips and radial arm saws went away. The world moved on, and for the most part, improved. (I like radial arm saws.)

But aren't there still AM stations out there? (No idea, I don't usually listen to radio.) Seems to me as long as the stations are there, someone would want to manufacture the radios.

You could buy new scales for drafting machines (60's technology, buried by CAD/CAM) right up until last year. Usually the market for something stays active until long after the demand is gone, so it strikes me as strange that radio making people would anticipate the demise of AM.
    Last edited by Jammer Six; 09-19-2018 at 06:49 PM.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    That's interesting.

I understand why cassettes, 8 tracks, buggy whips and radial arm saws went away. The world moved on, and for the most part, improved. (I like radial arm saws.)

But aren't there still AM stations out there? (No idea, I don't usually listen to radio.) Seems to me as long as the stations are there, someone would want to manufacture the radios.

You could buy new scales for drafting machines (60's technology, buried by CAD/CAM) right up until last year. Usually the market for something stays active until long after the demand is gone, so it strikes me as strange that radio making people would anticipate the demise of AM.
    Lot of Am stations. Another thing is AM signals will go where FM can not. The people that design this stuff live in a bubble ,they do not have a clue. All the understand is Blue tooth and wifi

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

I thought it was FM that could go into tunnels and such.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

I like AM and shortwave. Too bad America has abandoned one and is quickly trying to destroy the other.

If I understand it right, AM signals off the ground and atmosphere, which is why HAM radios can be heard so far away. FM signals travel straight out in 360, like line of sight. So, if you're within 35-50 miles from the tower, you'll get a good signal. CB radios, Walkie Talkies, portable telephones all use FM signals.

Many talk shows transmit on AM stations. I listen to Glenn Beck, Rush and Hannity on AM when time allows.

Boys have a penis, Girls have a vagina.
    Smitty901 likes this.
    Everybody seems to have a right, but who has any responsibility?

"It's better to keep your mouth closed and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" - Abe Lincoln

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BookWorm View Post
    If I understand it right, AM signals off the ground and atmosphere, which is why HAM radios can be heard so far away. FM signals travel straight out in 360, like line of sight. So, if you're within 35-50 miles from the tower, you'll get a good signal. CB radios, Walkie Talkies, portable telephones all use FM signals.

Many talk shows transmit on AM stations. I listen to Glenn Beck, Rush and Hannity on AM when time allows.

Boys have a penis, Girls have a vagina.
    You are correct. This is why AM can be heard at greater distance at night.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Denton likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

With very little power we could bounce Am signals many thousands of miles. FM is more line of sight and must be repeated often to be effective. Grandma is happy with the one I found her.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links