Home Biogas - Methane generator
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Home Biogas - Methane generator

This is a discussion on Home Biogas - Methane generator within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; So a few months ago I came across this video in youtube about this thing called Home Biogas and its a company that is producing ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Home Biogas - Methane generator

Question Home Biogas - Methane generator

So a few months ago I came across this video in youtube about this thing called Home Biogas and its a company that is producing a methane generator.
    You place any organic material in it (food leftovers, even bones I think, even..human or animal waste(shit), even grass) and it turns it into methane after some type of process. It says that if a full family dumps the food leftovers it should give around 3 hours of gas for 1 kitchen stove a day if im not mistaken. So pretty cool.
    If you want more info search "Home biogas" on youtube and theres also a video named "Tracy's HomeBiogas System" and its really cool and the lady explains everything really well and seems to be happy with the results.

What do u guys think about this? it seems a pretty cool thing to have in SHTF scenaryo. Really usefull, clean easy to get fire to cook

Thunderdome time...that's what the piggies were for yes?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I found info about a similar device a few years ago. The device was being commercially produced for sale in India and other 3rd world countries. It was not for sale in the USA but I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t build one for yourself.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I'd think you'd need a whole lot of bio matter, maybe if you had a dairy farm.

Unless it's a Mr. Fusion of course.

Home Biogas - Methane generator-1200px-delorean_dmc-12_time_machine_-_mr._fusion.jpg
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Looking at it, it may be possible.

I have a small farm.
    Small, medium and large livestock.

I am less interested in powering the iPad or iPhone, but more from a heating and cooking stand point.

Could have real possibilities.
    Gigio likes this.

To be really useful Methane needs to be compressed. Yes if you have enough you can generate a flame but it produces very little BTU's. In China they would run a tube fro a Methane pit to make a small flame . It however was only good for heating pan.
    Canning company near here tried this years ago. The was not effective.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Part of me wondered if this thread was about eating beans. I have been led to believe they are good for your heart.....................
    soyer38301 and Gigio like this.

After reading this thread, I think the problem is simply "hardware." We know how to make this biogas, we just don't know how to make very much.

In an old science fiction book I was reading, several scientists were discussing time travel. One of them said, "If we can take a sliver and throw it back in time a tenth of a second, that means with proper hardware we can throw an elephant back in time 100,000 years."

We will always have waste, both from animals and vegetables. We already know how to make some biogas. If the end is near, it would seem that refining our methods to be fruitful would be a worthwhile study.

Yea, its definitly something to think about. It's not good enough for heating 24/7 a house or making laaarge meals, but still, making a flame large enough to cook from a pan for 3 hours a day its something really usefull and shouldnt be discarded.
    Other good thing that I forgot to point out is that the generator also produces compost or fertilizer for plants aswell

Super Moderator

Pretty cool little set up. I have so many questions that can't be answered here. May not be perfect now but could be very viable in the future.

Here's the video.

Here's the companies website.

https://homebiogas.com/shop/buy-the-homebiogas-system/
    Gigio likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links