Best location in the world for SHTF
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Best location in the world for SHTF within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Ok so I have a question but its mostly just for debate. Most of you are from the US but I'm wondering, what do you ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Best location in the world for SHTF

Ok so I have a question but its mostly just for debate.
    Most of you are from the US but I'm wondering, what do you guys think it would be the best place in the world to be in case of SHTF?
    Taking in consideration any type of SHTF, nuclear, civil war, WW3, sea rise, EMP etc etc etc etc etc.

In my opinion, I think Iceland would be one of the best places to be in case of SHTF.
    Low population, they only have 300k people living there, enough resources to maintain themselves (has they did for thousands of years), no neighbors, they have plenty terrain many many feet over the sea level, they only have 1 culture and its the icelandic one, so they're really united people and many other factors.
    What do u guys think?
    RedLion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigio View Post
    Ok so I have a question but its mostly just for debate.
    Most of you are from the US but I'm wondering, what do you guys think it would be the best place in the world to be in case of SHTF?
    Taking in consideration any type of SHTF, nuclear, civil war, WW3, sea rise, EMP etc etc etc etc etc.

In my opinion, I think Iceland would be one of the best places to be in case of SHTF.
    Low population, they only have 300k people living there, enough resources to maintain themselves (has they did for thousands of years), no neighbors, they have plenty terrain many many feet over the sea level, they only have 1 culture and its the icelandic one, so they're really united people and many other factors.
    What do u guys think?
    Anyplace you're not being shot at.

Second would be a place where you're allowed to defend yourself. That most assuredly leaves Europe out.
    Annie likes this.

Banned

I would agree with Iceland for anything except a Nuclear Winter. Particularly because they have Geothermal energy that they use for heat, etc.

Now that I think about it where does Iceland get their food from. If they import it then they are in serious danger from any economic disaster, any oil disaster that affects shipping (peak oil isn't dead!), Iceland is particularly vulnerable to solar EMP because the effects are worse near the poles. If their geothermal is control by electricity they it would negate that.

I'm starting to like Iceland less. I change my answer to East Texas. Hot in the Summer, not so cold in the Winter. Mosquitoes all year round and Plenty of trees. And I already live here.
    Gigio, inceptor and actvlsnr like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tonybluegoat View Post
    I would agree with Iceland for anything except a Nuclear Winter. Particularly because they have Geothermal energy that they use for heat, etc.

Now that I think about it where does Iceland get their food from. If they import it then they are in serious danger from any economic disaster, any oil disaster that affects shipping (peak oil isn't dead!), Iceland is particularly vulnerable to solar EMP because the effects are worse near the poles. If their geothermal is control by electricity they it would negate that.

I'm starting to like Iceland less. I change my answer to East Texas. Hot in the Summer, not so cold in the Winter. Mosquitoes all year round and Plenty of trees. And I already live here.
    I like the already living there answer haha
    Iceland gets most food from the sea and also commerce. So yea, they could sustain themselves if they wanted to.
    I think its a good option because they can really close up shop and be self sustainable.

Can you get there?
    Can you get established and accepted there?

The Best Place In The World for SHTF?

The one YOU HAVE and can KEEP.

Next question.

That is so true!!

As soon any any states "'Here' is the best place to go when SHTF", it ceases to be the best place to go because everyone and their uncle will go there.
    inceptor likes this.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Point taken. Once you say you have it everyone knows so to speak.

Banned

If I could live somewhere other than Texas it would be in the Mountains of Tennessee. You trade off the access to good dirt, but in return you get better climate than east Texas. Drier. Milder. The Tennessee Mountains are my 2nd choice. I don't see going to another country. I thought about Costa Rica for a while, and I'm the type of guy who actually does what I think I should do. I decided on East Texas, so I sold my house in 2011 and moved to 10 acres and built a prepper homestead. The great thing about living on a homestead is that even if nothing ever goes wrong - other than the complete crap storm that is business as usual in the big cities - It's a great place to live.
    A Watchman likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links