What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 99
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by RubberDuck Scored this lot of tools tonight for $150 Few good heavy duty chains in the bucket and 2 craftsman tool bags ...

Page 99 of 148 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post
    Scored this lot of tools tonight for $150

Few good heavy duty chains in the bucket and 2 craftsman tool bags huge assortment some good brand name stuff and quality vintage stuff.
    My neighbors Dad past a few years ago and he came over to ask me if I wanted to look at some tools

Most of this stuff was in boxes didn't even get to look and he said $100 I told him that was to low and gave him $150 and if I sell off something I don't want or need that I would give him the money cause I didn't want to profit from it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Did 55 gallons of JD come with the deal?
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

I was at Jack Daniels on my Honeymoon decided I couldn't afford the full so bought the empty one in LynchburgTN still smells like whiskey though

i took someone to a walmart today.and ended up with a 12 cop percolator for camping.It's also great for power outages.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jimLE View Post
    i took someone to a walmart today.and ended up with a 12 cop percolator for camping.It's also great for power outages.
    Why do you need to percolate 12 law enforcement officers when camping?

Then again....... how does one even percolate a human being?

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    My owner has been driving me nuts so I need to blow some holes in something.
    Prepared One, trust me, I understand the angst. However, you cannot defeat anger by simply creating "different anger."

Here's what works for me. When some idiot has gotten under my skin, I find the dullest knife in my wife's kitchen drawer. You know, a real "tear down and rebuild." It's something that will need care and a slow attention to detail.

I don't use The Edge Pro, I just take a fine grain stone, ink the edge, and slowly and calmly polish out the dings. Sure, my mind is racing but I must keep my hand calm and level. Slowly, my mind matches my hand in these careful and precise movements.

Lots of guys have punching bags (where they envision their enemy's face) or they take their cars and run the pedal to the floor (I had a 'go fast' Mustang). Adrenaline will not curb adrenaline.

It's cold here now so waxing a car is out, but polishing a knife works. This type of work also requires your mind affixed to a singular focus. You cannot hone a knife to a perfect edge with haphazard, unfocused movements.

We used to refer to this mindset as "Illegitimus non-carborundrum est." In English that's "Don't let the bastards grind you down."
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

When I started building the sleep and shelter systems (SASS) for my GHBs, I decided a low of 20°F would be a reasonable goal. While it does get colder than that here on occasion, I think it's unlikely I'll ever have to endure it when deploying my GHB. A while back I tested my SASS and it got down to 34°. Last night, I set it all up again for another test. I reached my goal of 20°..... it got down to 18°F.

Attachment 103775

I will call the temperature test of my SASS a complete success. Now to wait until the spring storms to test it for rain and wind worthiness.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Prepared One, trust me, I understand the angst. However, you cannot defeat anger by simply creating "different anger."

Here's what works for me. When some idiot has gotten under my skin, I find the dullest knife in my wife's kitchen drawer. You know, a real "tear down and rebuild." It's something that will need care and a slow attention to detail.

I don't use The Edge Pro, I just take a fine grain stone, ink the edge, and slowly and calmly polish out the dings. Sure, my mind is racing but I must keep my hand calm and level. Slowly, my mind matches my hand in these careful and precise movements.

Lots of guys have punching bags (where they envision their enemy's face) or they take their cars and run the pedal to the floor (I had a 'go fast' Mustang). Adrenaline will not curb adrenaline.

It's cold here now so waxing a car is out, but polishing a knife works. This type of work also requires your mind affixed to a singular focus. You cannot hone a knife to a perfect edge with haphazard, unfocused movements.

We used to refer to this mindset as "Illegitimus non-carborundrum est." In English that's "Don't let the bastards grind you down."
    Do you not understand what's happened here over the last couple of weeks? Have you really no clue?
    Last edited by Prepared One; 02-16-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Not a lot on a daily basis but for the last couple of months I got some stuff.

Hammock straps that are longer (9'). I have some shorter ones but I didn't like them.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-At...72.m2749.l2649

Getting the stuff to make better food procurement kits.
    Here is a steel rat trap.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rat-Trap-Ea...72.m2749.l2649

YoYo reels
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pack-Mech...72.m2749.l2649

Some Chinese SOF T tourniquets that are actually pretty good. Stay away from the Chinese CATS. They will kill someone.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/SOF-One-Han...72.m2749.l2649

The rest I got for militia use.
    Protractor, mandatory for topo map use. This seller is very reliable also.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocket-Size...72.m2749.l2649

Medic armband for medic use when around neighborhoods. Not for combat.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dutch-Red-C...72.m2749.l2649

Small Red Cross flag for marking medical area, sick call, triage, collection point etc.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-CROSS-F...72.m2749.l2649

Army fleece because I wore my other one out.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Army-Gen...72.m2749.l2649

That's about all.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

I have some of those fishing reels great for night fishing and turtles.

Page 99 of 148 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links