What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 98
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Added to article on Hardening a Suburban Brick Home: If we place 2 X 6s across the bottoms of window panes; and possibly using our ...

Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 LastLast
Like Tree1075Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Added to article on Hardening a Suburban Brick Home:

If we place 2 X 6s across the bottoms of window panes;

and possibly using our tractor to dig out the 4 foot space just outside of the window, lowering the ground;

Intruders cannot/will not shoot low in that room.

This creates a safe space for occupants. They can lay next to the outside brick wall. Intruders firing from the opposite side of the house will also be shooting high. Therefore, simply by lowering the window bar you will have also created plenty of safe spaces.
    Last edited by jimcosta; 02-10-2020 at 09:29 AM.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

Pretty quiet around here lately, but we've put up a couple more cameras around the house in very obscure locations and a couple of dummy cameras as decoys. (a few years ago we actually had a real camera catch a "visitor" spray painting the lens of a dummy decoy... kinda funny actually).

Also added another 10 boxes of Mountain House meals (6 pouches per box) to the weekday home stockpile. We'll sometimes have these for a quick breakfast or lunch... they're actually very good. We try to keep about 180 days worth for the two of us on hand here.

No new purchases in the "OMG Pandemic" category - already have enough of that stuff around.
    MountainGirl likes this.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    -- The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security --
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Update on my sourdough starter.

It smells amazing. So much better than my last try. I made pancakes today with the starter I would otherwise have discarded and they were good, but not much sourdough taste. I think it will be ready for me to try making bread with it by next weekend, so realistically, I won't be able to try it until the following Monday.

Also, I ordered some mylar bags today that are supposed to work with my FoodSaver. I'll report back after I've had a chance to try them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Going to get some range time in tomorrow. My owner has been driving me nuts so I need to blow some holes in something. I am rotating a couple of 55 gallon water containers this weekend as well. I want to double check my heavy mill plastic and duct tape storage also. I want to make sure I have more then enough should I need to seal the house or create a clean room.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Going to get some range time in tomorrow. My owner has been driving me nuts so I need to blow some holes in something. I am rotating a couple of 55 gallon water containers this weekend as well. I want to double check my heavy mill plastic and duct tape storage also. I want to make sure I have more then enough should I need to seal the house or create a clean room.
    How do you avoid suffocating if you seal a room off?

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Bottled oxygen.
    paulag1955 likes this.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

You would never seal it well enough to keep the air out. More like keeping particulates out in case of fall out, or a clean room with controlled access.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    You would never seal it well enough to keep the air out. More like keeping particulates out in case of fall out, or a clean room with controlled access.
    Wouldn't or couldn't?

Wouldn't or couldn't?
    You wouldn't, because you have to breath. But you couldn't either with just duct tape and plastic. Your only trying to separate you from contaminated particulates. Nuclear fall out, chemical fall out. A clean room where you can decontaminate, etc.

Scored this lot of tools tonight for $150

Few good heavy duty chains in the bucket and 2 craftsman tool bags huge assortment some good brand name stuff and quality vintage stuff.
    My neighbors Dad past a few years ago and he came over to ask me if I wanted to look at some tools

Most of this stuff was in boxes didn't even get to look and he said $100 I told him that was to low and gave him $150 and if I sell off something I don't want or need that I would give him the money cause I didn't want to profit from it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 LastLast

Sponsored Links