What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 97

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Masks. I got some but they're not those "cup" kind. They're all sold out at Home Depot! They'll be out for quite a while - ...

Page 97 of 125 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
Like Tree1327Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Masks.

I got some but they're not those "cup" kind.

They're all sold out at Home Depot! They'll be out for quite a while - apparently people were buying and sending them to China.
    Also sold out in Ottawa (according to a friend). He ended up ordering from internet.

I got lucky and found some masks (for sanding/painting), at a hardware store that's struggling for customers (low traffic).

Worst comes to worst - for those who don't have any, and can't find any - diy using doubled/tripled JC cloths? Scarves? Old t-shirts?
    Last edited by charito; 02-09-2020 at 08:25 AM.
    tuffy_chick_13 likes this.

Worst comes to worst - for those who don't have any, and can't find any - diy using doubled/tripled JC cloths? Scarves? Old t-shirts?
    Q for the epidemiologists out there. What exactly is a mask a barrier to? Seems worth knowing as all masks are not created equal. They are filters, and as such have some dimensionality to them-- like there's a size limit to what gets through and what doesn't. (no doubt a surgical mask is far less porous than a homemade flour cloth dish towel mask.) So is the mask a barrier to the actual virus particles (seems unlikely) or to spittle that folks are coughing and sneezing up that carry the virus.

I think anything over your face would be better than nothing.
    Marica and tuffy_chick_13 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    I think anything over your face would be better than nothing.
    If for no other reason - others would be less fearful of you. Unless you're the only one doing it, lol.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Today I ordered some freeze dried emergency food and I picked up some .22 and .357 rounds.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    Q for the epidemiologists out there. What exactly is a mask a barrier to? Seems worth knowing as all masks are not created equal. They are filters, and as such have some dimensionality to them-- like there's a size limit to what gets through and what doesn't. (no doubt a surgical mask is far less porous than a homemade flour cloth dish towel mask.) So is the mask a barrier to the actual virus particles (seems unlikely) or to spittle that folks are coughing and sneezing up that carry the virus.
    N95 respirator masks is what seems to be favored by hospitals.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that medical employees working with coronavirus patients wear N95s, specifically.

"N95 masks are specialized respirator masks that are meant for specific conditions," Madaline told Business Insider. "These are for infections where you have very teeny tiny particles that would not be captured via regular surgical mask."

The problem with that is, according to medical experts, the public neither has the need for specialized protective gear like N95s, nor the ability to use it effectively.
    For the untrained, it's not as simple as slapping on a N95 mask. Madaline said that such a mask must be "fit-tested," meaning fitted to a person's face and secured by a trained individual, to ensure that "no particles are getting through."
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...ers/ar-BBZMVzH
    Last edited by charito; 02-09-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Unless you're the only one doing it, lol.
    Hahahahaha! If you're the only one doing it, they'll just think you're crazy and avoid you anyway which is...perfect!
    MountainGirl likes this.

I would have thought that those Chinese at their market would have worn them which is common for them.

But no one was seen by us, will stay out of there, and leave the frogs and bats alone for a few weeks,

oh yes they are there along with other stuff I can't identify, there squid and octopus also, and seaweed???
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 02-09-2020 at 07:58 PM.
    Sasquatch and inceptor like this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Prep of the day here was helping/teaching my 9 year old grandaughter how to make herself a leather belt.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Mixed up a new sourdough starter using fresher flour. Copied out recipes for sourdough biscuits and sourdough bread.

Page 97 of 125 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links