What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 76
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Focusing on medical supplies right now. It's the biggest weak point that needs to be fixed at the moment. Raise the limits....

Page 76 of 148 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1472
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

  1. #751
    Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    98
    Focusing on medical supplies right now. It's the biggest weak point that needs to be fixed at the moment.

    Raise the limits.

  2. #752
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,627
    I'm trying to figure out how to stockpile prescription medications. Other than using less than prescribed, but refilling regularly, I don't have a plan. My husband and I both have prescriptions. Mine isn't urgent; I take Synthroid, but I do still have a thyroid and it functions at least at a low level, but my husband has aFib and needs to take his meds regularly. But my prep this past week has been learning to make yogurt.

  3. #753
    Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how to stockpile prescription medications. Other than using less than prescribed, but refilling regularly, I don't have a plan. My husband and I both have prescriptions. Mine isn't urgent; I take Synthroid, but I do still have a thyroid and it functions at least at a low level, but my husband has aFib and needs to take his meds regularly. But my prep this past week has been learning to make yogurt.
    I've placed orders from AllDayChemist.com (Indian pharmacy) in the past and haven't had a problem, but the last time was a couple years ago. I ordered meds which are prescription only in the US, some antibiotics and antiparasiticals, and they didn't ask for a prescription. They don't accept credit cards any longer, and not sure I trust them enough to pay by eCheck which gives them your bank and account number, but they do accept money orders and Bitcoin too. Expiration dates on the items I received were all a year out at least.

    As for our prep, ordered 250 ft of 12/3 (+ ground wire) AWG outdoor/buriable romex wire.



    This will be for replacing the wire runs from the solar panels on the roof to the breaker box in the house next spring. The existing ones are 12 years old and the outer shielding/insulation is falling apart. May use the opportunity to purchase a couple higher wattage panels too, swap out a couple of the old 130 Watt ones for ~240 Watt ones instead. Went with the 4-wire type so I can use 2 wires each for the positive and negative connections, two 12 AWG wires together being almost the equivalant of a single 9 AWG wire, for less voltage drop.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #754
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    I've placed orders from AllDayChemist.com (Indian pharmacy) in the past and haven't had a problem, but the last time was a couple years ago. I ordered meds which are prescription only in the US, some antibiotics and antiparasiticals, and they didn't ask for a prescription. They don't accept credit cards any longer, and not sure I trust them enough to pay by eCheck which gives them your bank and account number, but they do accept money orders and Bitcoin too. Expiration dates on the items I received were all a year out at least.
    I've ordered from an Indian pharmacy, too, but it was for prescription eye drops for one of my dogs. It took forever to receive them, but the drops were legit and it was less than half the price of ordering them from a U.S. pharmacy. I have a stash of fish antibiotics. I've ordered them from several different places, but now that Chewy stocks them, that's the least expensive. I've used them on my dogs, but in an emergency, I wouldn't have any qualms about using them myself. No prescription required and you can pay with a credit card. LOL

  6. #755
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,627
    Today I made yogurt and now I'm straining some of it to make yogurt cheese. After the first of the year, I'll be restocking my pantry WITH AN ACTUAL PLAN in hand.

  7. #756
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Where you least expect it.
    Posts
    7,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    .......... Went with the 4-wire type so I can use 2 wires each for the positive and negative connections, two 12 AWG wires together being almost the equivalant of a single 9 AWG wire, for less voltage drop.
    Doing this would be a Code violation.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

  8. #757
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    God's Country (aka Texas)
    Posts
    10,006
    Well I was a busy prepper as usual by running off another half carton of bartering cigarettes. My pals across the street who is a smoker said they taste sorta like a Camel to him. The White Bag is too weak..the other bag is about right. Once a person gets the strategy down pat the rumor is a person can make em for a buck a pack. Which could then be traded for whiskey and ammo etc.
    Attachment 102045

  9. #758
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Where you least expect it.
    Posts
    7,149
    Drove by a gas station on my way home today. Gas was down from 2.499 to 2.179, so I filled up both vehicles.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

  10. #759
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Drove by a gas station on my way home today. Gas was down from 2.499 to 2.179, so I filled up both vehicles.

    The cheapest gas around here is at Costco, $2.79. The most expensive is $3.69!!! Our gas tax is terrible here, but even worse than that, the legislature is toying with the idea of a per-mile charge in place of the gas tax. For my hybrid, that would about double my tax. We have a sort-of local feed co-op that sells ethanol free gas. It's quite a bit more expensive, but my car loves it. It improves my mileage by about 7 miles per gallon. Depending on the relative prices, it's sometimes cheaper to get the more expensive gas. It's a bit out of the way, though.

  11. #760
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    10,766
    Well, I am off for the next two weeks so I plan to get a lot done. Lot's of range time and I may just come home with a new evil black rifle as well. Going to rotate my can goods, ordered more fish antibiotics, and will pick up more ammo as usual. Going through my food buckets and getting more beans and rice in Mylar. Need to replace my water in the storage tanks and maybe order more back up filters. I basically will double check my storage levels and make needed adjustments where necessary. I feel like time is running out and want my bases covered.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

 

 
Page 76 of 148 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. What Was Your Prep Of The Day:
    By FerrelKid in forum General Prepper and Survival Talk
    Replies: 8687
    Last Post: 08-28-2018, 01:40 PM
  2. Part of a day not living in the city
    By Smitty901 in forum General Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2018, 02:50 PM
  3. What's your favorite part about prepping?
    By videodork in forum General Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-09-2014, 11:19 AM
  4. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-30-2014, 07:59 PM
  5. Are you doing your part for your country?!?
    By BigCheeseStick in forum General Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Back to Top