What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 75
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I churned out 4 more packs of bartering cigarettes. I am fixing to need more tobacco before I can get the larder fully stocked on ...

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75
Like Tree814Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

I churned out 4 more packs of bartering cigarettes. I am fixing to need more tobacco before I can get the larder fully stocked on those things. Prob pick that up Weds and get back to the task.

Was sauntering through the local home improvement store tonight picking up some chit for work tomorrow. Spied these little guys.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-yaktrax-mini.jpg

8 bucks a pair. Thought, why not get a pair for each of my 3 bags?

I have a pair of the original Yaktracks.... don't like 'em. They use a spring that causes your foot to shift when it 'lays over' when you put your weight on it. But spikes should be better. Plus, these are more compact and don't fit over the entire shoe. So lighter in the pack, plus easier on and off.
    Annie and bigwheel like this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Used my pole saw to remove a few overhanging limbs from a spot I need to move my fuel tanks to. Getting started preparing an area I plan on putting up a large storage building next year (40' deep x 120' long). Also bought a used one trip storage container from a neighbor who is moving. I plan on picking it up this weekend weather permitting.
    bigwheel likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Still doing some testing of the bartering cigarettes. Gave a pack to the large bosomed young lady across the street yesterday which I thought would remind her of Marlboro Light 100s..but she called back and said they tasted like sheet..and threatened to bring back the leftovers but she aint showed up yet. Hopefully she was just teasing. At any rate ups has me some good Ohm Turkish Red in Root which should taste like a Camel according to the brochures. Its much cheaper online than at the hindu smoke shops and head shops. As in 30 bucks a pound opposed to 12 on the net. They give a whack on shipping charges but still way cheaper. Most folks dont know pipe and citgarette tobacco is the same stuff. Pipe tobacco is shredded a little coarser and not taxed near as heavy is the difference. Works better though the injected machine. Fine grind gets too compacted and hard to huff on like a Winston.
    https://windycitycigars.com/product/...bacco-1lb-bag/
    Last edited by bigwheel; 12-13-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    SGG likes this.

Replenished my DIY MRE stock. Have been hitting them pretty hard lately taking on to work for lunch the past few weeks. Am back up to my 'normal stock' count of 48.

Bigwheel, haven't you learned by now, no good deed goes unpunished?
    bigwheel likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

I travel on business about once a year and am always trying to improve my airline/TSA approved GHB. Besides the TSA prohibited items there's also the weight issue, I prefer packing light for convenience but if something goes wrong while on the road I obviously want to be as prepared as reasonably possible. Picked up this cheap engineer's compass for $7 the other day.

Intended to pull out the actual compass to replace the little cheap button one currently in the GHB, but then realized the metal case would make a nice X-ray proof container for carrying small objects so...

Only one will fit, wish it held two. Will be keeping my eyes peeled for something similar to hold another one, any thoughts on that appreciated. Nice solution whether in a carry-on bag or checked luggage, not likely to draw any attention with the other 'camping' type gear I'm already packing and the compass is clearly not a high value item that some agent/baggage inspector would risk his job to steal. The intended use for the coins (besides selling/pawning) would be as a shot to maybe get to the front of a line, get a seat on a overbooked flight/train home, fill up for the rental car if gas was scarce or rationed, or those types of things when I'm not sure what exactly I might need until after it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    ......... The intended use for the coins (besides selling/pawning) would be as a shot to maybe get to the front of a line, get a seat on a overbooked flight/train home, fill up for the rental car if gas was scarce or rationed, or those types of things when I'm not sure what exactly I might need until after it happens.
    I just fold up some bills and stash 'em between my cell phone and the case it's in.

As for the compass, try a military supply store. I see 'em at gun shows all the time. Never priced them as I already have one.
    Crunch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    Bigwheel, haven't you learned by now, no good deed goes unpunished?
    Well yes I learned that in near 40 years in da cop bidness..so i didnt quite have pure motives on this deal. I had in mind to give her a free sample and talk her into snagging them from me instead of at the store...and help her by saving her a few bucks and a trip to the store..which would allow me to buy more supplies in order to stock up and maybe make enough to buy more ammo and MREs...half pints of hooch and toilet paper..or Beanie Weenies which we plan to live on when the crisis hits. I cant think of any food groups not found in Beanie Weenies including water but I aint no food scientist..so maybe somebody on here knows for sure. Anyway she looked so sweet and the pups was looking frisky so I just told her how to make him herself and told her where to buy everything she needs at the Head Shop next to the Tatoo parlor within walking distance of our houses. So if she dont like what I got she can make em herself and quit nagging about folks doing good deeds for her ungrateful coola Which she dont have one. Funny how the Lord gives em one or the other huh?

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75

Sponsored Links