What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 67
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Ok, so my BOB and GHBs are complete. Now... on to improving them. Hit an REI garage sale this morning and picked up a 28l ...

Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree802Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Ok, so my BOB and GHBs are complete. Now... on to improving them.

Hit an REI garage sale this morning and picked up a 28l Ruckpack to upgrade one of my GHBs with. $100 new, mine for $45. Nothing wrong with it, as it was marked "didn't like the functionality". It will replace the $5 used book bag I purchased at the local thrift store. This has the ability to put a hydration bladder in it, so that will be put on the wish list.

Also picked up a couple SOL Heatsheet survival blankets. Those will be a huge improvement over the $2 Coghlans' 'space' blanket.
    Annie, Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Ordered a Feuerhand Lantern from Germany. I have one antique Dietz in mint condition. I have another newer one, a little smaller.

Looking forward to getting this and using it for some camping excursions. I'm reading it's a quality lamp.

I guess I have a dozen or so kerosene lamps in the house of different sizes, shapes and designs.

Back in '95, we had an ice storm and the electricity was out for 10 days. the house was lit up like a Christmas tree and everyone thought we had power.
    Joe, Back Pack Hack and Annie like this.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

Joe

We made cider and put up 66 quarts.
    Chiefster23, paraquack and Annie like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I put more beans and rice into mylar yesterday. Got some range time in and picked up few few hundred rounds of 5'56 and 9MM ammo. Picked up a couple of temperature thermometers for the house and main first aid kit. Today I m going to look at and rotate can goods and asses my storage items.
    paraquack and Annie like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I put more beans and rice into mylar yesterday. Got some range time in and picked up few few hundred rounds of 5'56 and 9MM ammo. Picked up a couple of temperature thermometers for the house and main first aid kit. Today I m going to look at and rotate can goods and asses my storage items.
    A spare meat thermometer is also worth having. I also need to rotate and acess my storage items, something I try to do each fall.
    Last edited by Elvis; 10-20-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    Prepared One and Annie like this.

Took the new GHB out for a test spin. Once I put the trash can out by the curb for pickup tomorrow morning, I pulled it out of the truck strapped it on, and hit the trail. 1.94 miles, 40 minutes. Much more comfortable than my previous bag. Well worth the half C-note it cost.

Started out with a light, spittin' drizzle, and it waffled up and down the whole trip. Nothing enough to soak me, more of a nuisance than anything else. But it showed me my current rain gear is inadequate. I'll have to research a poncho that covers a pack. And not the $3 disposables sold at WallyWorld.

Worked up a mild sweat, despite it being in the mid 50s tonight. Might have to start making this a regular thing.
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Took the new GHB out for a test spin. Once I put the trash can out by the curb for pickup tomorrow morning, I pulled it out of the truck strapped it on, and hit the trail. 1.94 miles, 40 minutes. Much more comfortable than my previous bag. Well worth the half C-note it cost.

Started out with a light, spittin' drizzle, and it waffled up and down the whole trip. Nothing enough to soak me, more of a nuisance than anything else. But it showed me my current rain gear is inadequate. I'll have to research a poncho that covers a pack. And not the $3 disposables sold at WallyWorld.

Worked up a mild sweat, despite it being in the mid 50s tonight. Might have to start making this a regular thing.
    Got a link for the GHB?
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Got a link for the GHB?

https://www.rei.com/product/118790/r...ckpack-28-pack
    Denton and Annie like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Thank you!
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Thank you!
    Dang.... I decided to actually read that site and watch the video. It HAS a captive rain cover. And more pockets than I thought possible. And it's accessible from the side (no opening the top and pulling things out, or digging through everything).

Boy, did I get more than I bargained for!
    Denton likes this.

Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links