What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 66
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by SOCOM42 I do believe they only grow in rain forest related to the Equatorial zone. @SOCOM42 , I do believe you're right. ...

Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 LastLast
Like Tree727Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    I do believe they only grow in rain forest related to the Equatorial zone.
    @SOCOM42, I do believe you're right. However in modern times we have a global economy, and I'll bet some importers have tons of South American raw rubber in a warehouse someplace.

I believe that there is a tacitly applied 'balance' that allows borderline products to cross our borders. Look at all the foreign knives that wind up here! Most of them have crossed a few European borders to register as "legal" reaching us.

Not every South American state is free, some have the skeletal rule of communism. But even the reds recognize a good deal when they see it. If they have found out that Americans stand in line to buy superior "tree sap," than the commies become salesmen.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

The problem with raw latex is that it is organic and subject to rot,

it needs to be sulfurized and vulcanized to be stable, and that comes in the end product making.

The problem with raw latex is that it is organic and subject to rot, it needs to be sulfurized and vulcanized to be stable, and that comes in the end product making.
    My guess is that some savvy American entrepreneur is already there, and Johnny-on-the-spot. All that potential wealth in the hands of uneducated rubber tree growers? Heck, those guys were probably there long before you and I were born!

Look at all the trading the Germans did there during WWII.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    My guess is that some savvy American entrepreneur is already there, and Johnny-on-the-spot. All that potential wealth in the hands of uneducated rubber tree growers? Heck, those guys were probably there long before you and I were born!

Look at all the trading the Germans did there during WWII.
    Not in South America they didn't. They got nothing from there directly after the war started, we essentially blockaded the entire continent.

Those plantations in SA were built in the 1890's, and expanded to fill demands by automotive companies.

What latex the Germans did get was through the Tripartite agreement out of SEA, until the sea lanes were cleared by Allied navies in 1944.

A lot of those tree farms were owned by Harvey Firestone and Frank Seiberling's Goodyear in the south and by the Brit like Dunlop in SEA.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 10-06-2019 at 08:13 AM.

@SOCOM42, thanks for the update. I had been taught that the Nazis did get into Brazil during the war. There is even an old wive's tale that Hitler himself faked his own death and wound up in Argentina. If true, he's be somewheres around +90 years old. My guess is that, if true, he's in a wheelchair somewhere in an Argentinian nursing home still whining about Krystalnacht...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    @SOCOM42, thanks for the update. I had been taught that the Nazis did get into Brazil during the war. There is even an old wive's tale that Hitler himself faked his own death and wound up in Argentina. If true, he's be somewheres around +90 years old. My guess is that, if true, he's in a wheelchair somewhere in an Argentinian nursing home still whining about Krystalnacht...
    Hitler would be 130 now.

A lot of high ranking people, military and civilian escaped to South America, mostly Argentina, Bolivia and Uruguay.

There was a code name for it coined by the OSS, Odessa, an organized routing of ex Nazi officials and officers into South America, a movie

was made about it in the 70's.

There already were Germans who had immigrated there post WW1 to escape the desolation and were well to do, these were the ones who

helped the escaping Nazi criminals enter the different countries, many who were their relatives.

There were a lot of German companies with offices and sales in SA, big ones like Agfa, Krupp, Dario, Siemens, Daimler-Benz, Thyssen,

Dornier and Mauser come to mind.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 10-06-2019 at 09:16 AM.

a movie was made about it in the 70's.
    And I saw a couple of movies in that genre. My favorite one was "The Boys from Brazil" with Gregory Peck.

The reason I liked it so well is that many of us believe that there is still a hotbed of organized Nazis at work. I say that because the original Brown Shirts came to my hometown of Milwaukee in the 1930s and made several speeches for packed houses. At that time the Germans outnumbered most ethnic groups.

In fact, I am either 1/4 or 1/2 German--depending on which of my aunts you ask...

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...cw=1129&ch=543

That movie was about cloning Adolph Hitler.

Those escapes were real, the Germans even have towns with theirs as the majority population of them.

My ancestors came from the other side of the Baltic Sea from Germany, might have some in me, would need DNA results to know.

My neighbor 85 is 100% German, came here in 1962. Her mother worked in Hitlers HQ as a Telephone operator.

Father was captured in the Battle for Danzig by the Russians.

He was one of 5,000+ that survived 15 years of Siberian imprisonment in that camp out of 75,000.

Wife did not know he was alive until he showed up at her door in Munich.

Was too old for the regular draft but was inducted into the Volkssturm in late 1944 or early 45.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 10-06-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Those escapes were real, the Germans even have towns with theirs as the majority population of them.
    Think of how truly creepy that could have become here.

I was in the seventh grade when JFK was shot. I'm surprised that some "Marilyn Monroe fan" didn't steal some of his DNA off the gurney his dead body was laid upon (at least one picture exists of that, so the photographers got in somehow).

If I ever get cloned, I'm going to warn that handsome SOB what "real life" is going to do to him...

The last components for my BOB and GHBs showed up at the door this afternoon. Have been looking for weeks at gas stations, truck stops and convenience stores all over the metro for a simple paper street map. Nope. But they'd be happy to sell me a $300 GPS.

No. I want a paper map. Sure, they had street maps of all the large cities around me. The ones that are 100-300 miles away. I guess I could have gone to one of those to buy what I wanted, but that'd get expensive. So I just broke down and ordered them directly from Mr. McNally himself.

So today, it's official. My BOB and GHB builds are complete.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 LastLast

Sponsored Links