What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 43
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; It's time to tweak the bug out stuff (aka camping gear). It's also time to check the get home bags. We have a big family ...

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree522Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Super Moderator

It's time to tweak the bug out stuff (aka camping gear). It's also time to check the get home bags. We have a big family and it's a lot of work. I hate to think of having to leave in the event of an emergency, but you never know. I'd rather be ready if need be.
    Back Pack Hack likes this.

It was a good couple of days regarding Prep of The Day Additions;

Added $200 to the "Safe Cash" which is to be used if the grid goes down and no one will accept credit or debit cards. In other words a "Cash Only" Situation. Also added next years Property Taxes in Cash so I now have 2 years of property tax set aside in cash.

Added 2 more Magpul M4 PMAGS, 2 boxes of Federal 5.56 62 Grain, 2 boxes of Hornady .357 Magnum 125 grain Critical Defense and 2 boxes of Hornady 45 ACP 185 Grain Critical Defense.

Added a 4 more small bags of Radish and Sweet Snow Pea Seeds to the Seed Vault.

Re-org'ing the BOB. Deleting some stuff, adding others. And making custom, color-coded drawstring bags to compartmentalize the gear by type (first aid, water, food, clothing etc). Hopefully it will make finding something quicker and easier.
    1skrewsloose and Annie like this.
    Whoever said, "Life is short" didn't understand it's the longest thing you're ever going to do.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

4 day weekend for me so I plan to get some range time in. Finally pulled the trigger on the Primary Arms 1 X 6 ACSS scope so I am going to get that mounted on the 308 and get it to the range. Going to add food storage this weekend as well as go through my first aid supplies. There is of course, the ever present honey-do list I may take a peek at. Oh yea, cold beer, BBQ, and pool may find it's way into the schedule.
    Slippy and Annie like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

[/QUOTE]

Very cool. Never heard of these. Do they need a tropical climate to grow?[/QUOTE]

I live in subtropical climate, and it grows just fine. But it does not tolerate frosts well. Depending on the weather in your area, it could grow in there.

[QUOTE=inceptor;1914711]
    Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    Finally got my 40' tower installed with a CB antenna on the tip. Now I have to run the cable inside of the house to the prepper room. Wife wont let me cut any holes until she is present. For some reason she does not trust me. I have to get some PVC and a 50' cable so I can attach a GMRS/FRS antenna to the tower.

Instead of cutting a hole in your wall, try one of these. This is what I use for both UHF/VHF and HF.

https://www.mfjenterprises.com/Produ...uctid=MFJ-4602
    I already have two old tv cables coming in the house. I am removing them and replacing them with the CB cable. I just have to cut a small hole in the basement ceiling so that I can drop the cables down to where the CB and GMRS is going to be located.
    inceptor and paraquack like this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

You all may recall I purchased a foreclosed property next door in January. The 1880s farmhouse is being demolished next week. Hurray! I pumped out the two underground water cisterns and started cleaning out the first one. One will be refilled with a large garden water supply and the other will be kept empty for possible use as a root cellar. All trees and brush has been removed from the property so I have clear ground. I still have to clean out the spring and repair the piping that keeps the cistern full from the spring overflow. I planted 3 hazelnut trees and a new row of blackberries on the lot. All-in-all I’m very happy with the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    You all may recall I purchased a foreclosed property next door in January. The 1880s farmhouse is being demolished next week. Hurray! I pumped out the two underground water cisterns and started cleaning out the first one. One will be refilled with a large garden water supply and the other will be kept empty for possible use as a root cellar. All trees and brush has been removed from the property so I have clear ground. I still have to clean out the spring and repair the piping that keeps the cistern full from the spring overflow. I planted 3 hazelnut trees and a new row of blackberries on the lot. All-in-all I’m very happy with the progress.

I'd be taking that second pit a bit further than making it into a root cellar - if you have spring feed water turn it into a spring house for the hot weather ....
    Annie and Chiefster23 like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Finally got my BOB Important Papers binder finished. Had to update a lot since it's been a while since I cracked it open. I also resized and reformatted some copies so I could use fewer sheets of paper.

Drivers license, CCW permit, bank card info, birth certificate, SocSec card, house deed, vehicle registrations and titles, professional licenses (you know, where you 'have a right', but the gubbamint takes it away from you for the sole purpose of leasing it back to you as part of their extortion racket), insurance cards, firearm serial numbers, passwords (printed, but encrypted), job-site access codes, .......

Oh, yeah... there's $1k in there as well. Mostly 20's and 50's.
    Whoever said, "Life is short" didn't understand it's the longest thing you're ever going to do.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Keep a big plastic tub in the 'tornado room' (laundry room) w/ standard 72 hr. stuff. Realized there was no Benadryl. Also realized that a soda can had ... I don't know what exactly so I had to clean the whole thing and everything in it. But it's done.

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links