What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 42
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Cold, gray, rainy miserable day. Spent most of it dehydrating and vac-sealing food....

Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree679Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Cold, gray, rainy miserable day. Spent most of it dehydrating and vac-sealing food.
    paraquack and Annie like this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Proving Asparagus pays . While running a bit behind this year weather has been off. Minutes of cutting produced at least 3 good meals. Enjoying some of it in butter and onion. This bed has been in over 35 years a mix of verities it has reseeded it's self and never stopped producing with very little care.
    Annie, inceptor and 1skrewsloose like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Just watched a couple/few videos by the gray bearded green beret.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    What brand BBQ Pit did you get?
    Old Country BBQ Pitts. There isn't a nut or bolt on the thing. Should last 10 years at least.
    Slippy likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

It's cold and rainy here, but worst of all, my wife wants us to "do something together" once again. This time it's to go out and get a message. My right shoulder is acting up again, so she jumped at the chance.

I get my chores done early, even the dog's breakfast is done and in the refrigerator. I do not need to be spurred into action. But about mid-afternoon, I like to settle back with a good book or polish a knife. Just mindless, quieting pursuits. For my wife this a danger signal! Oh, oh, functionless male sitting around idle!

Idle? I get up three to four hours before she does...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Today was a day to try new things 🤗
    Last year I got some bulbs of Dioscorea bulbifera (we call it "cará", or air potatoes in here), and I planted it. Today we harvested some and cooked it. It tastes very nice and the texture is similar to sweet potatoes, but without the sweet flavor. Very filling.
    Those are fairly easy to grow, you just have to plant one of the bulbs and after a while it sprouts and starts climbing. No work required after that. It is a vine that climbs over any fence or tree you might have nearby. No diseases or pests so far. It takes very little space to grow and produces a lot of bulbs. I had only two plants this year and they produced more than all of the regular potatoes I planted this year.
    Very interesting for cultivating. Also, could be a couvert food, since most people do not know what it is, it could be left to grown among the trees, in a semi wild state and harvested when needed.
    I attached some pictures of the bulbs and the plant. I am not sure if it grows in north America.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-p_20190521_100816_1558451550546.jpg  

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-p_20190521_100906_1558451572717.jpg  

Annie, Ragnarök, Slippy and 1 others like this.

Finally got my 40' tower installed with a CB antenna on the tip. Now I have to run the cable inside of the house to the prepper room. Wife wont let me cut any holes until she is present. For some reason she does not trust me. I have to get some PVC and a 50' cable so I can attach a GMRS/FRS antenna to the tower.

Bought, some Army dufflebags a plunger thing for laundry from the auction.

eBay I bought these MOLLE pouches. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Mo...72.m2749.l2649 I used a couple for BOB emergency fishing kit pouches. I like them. I ordered a couple more, maybe for admin pouches.

I ordered a couple of these alcohol stoves. https://www.ebay.com/itm/223218148814 I am replacing my trioxane compressed fuel and Esbit stoves in the BOB's. Alcohol is a lot cheaper than compressed fuel. The stoves work ok for copies. The flames are yellow instead of blue.
    Slippy likes this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

[QUOTE=MaterielGeneral;1914653]Finally got my 40' tower installed with a CB antenna on the tip. Now I have to run the cable inside of the house to the prepper room. Wife wont let me cut any holes until she is present. For some reason she does not trust me. I have to get some PVC and a 50' cable so I can attach a GMRS/FRS antenna to the tower.

Instead of cutting a hole in your wall, try one of these. This is what I use for both UHF/VHF and HF.

https://www.mfjenterprises.com/Produ...uctid=MFJ-4602

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Yavanna View Post
    Today was a day to try new things
    Last year I got some bulbs of Dioscorea bulbifera (we call it "cará", or air potatoes in here), and I planted it. Today we harvested some and cooked it. It tastes very nice and the texture is similar to sweet potatoes, but without the sweet flavor. Very filling.
    Those are fairly easy to grow, you just have to plant one of the bulbs and after a while it sprouts and starts climbing. No work required after that. It is a vine that climbs over any fence or tree you might have nearby. No diseases or pests so far. It takes very little space to grow and produces a lot of bulbs. I had only two plants this year and they produced more than all of the regular potatoes I planted this year.
    Very interesting for cultivating. Also, could be a couvert food, since most people do not know what it is, it could be left to grown among the trees, in a semi wild state and harvested when needed.
    I attached some pictures of the bulbs and the plant. I am not sure if it grows in north America.
    I've never heard of that plant. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Yavanna View Post
    Today was a day to try new things
    Very cool. Never heard of these. Do they need a tropical climate to grow?
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links