What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 41
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by The Tourist ..........Why do people who fear weapons first seek to disarm the very people they supposedly trust? ........... Because they're sheep ...

Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree643Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    ..........Why do people who fear weapons first seek to disarm the very people they supposedly trust? ...........
    Because they're sheep who lack critical thinking skills.
    Slippy likes this.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Got a box in the mail today. I had a local leathercrafter make me some custom pieces. First, I needed a replacement holster for my original Leatherman as the factory one was falling apart.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-dsc01988-post.jpg

I had him make two in case I live long enough to wear one of them out.

I also enjoy cribbage, so I designed a 'pocket' cribbage set using a standard deck of cards. I made the board by cutting down a simple plastic cutting board and running it through the drill press. I used 0.10" roll pins for pegs.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-dsc01985-post.jpg

I designed the leather to hold the two halves of the board (hot glued on) so it can be folded up around the deck in the box.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-dsc01986-post.jpg

I store the 'pegs' loose in the box with the cards. The whole thing folds up to pocket-sized.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-dsc01987-post.jpg

I had two of them made. One will go into my camping gear, the other into my BOB.
    paraquack, Marica, Slippy and 1 others like this.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.

Very cool. Good reasonable priced leather work is a blessing. The shop around here also fixes boots and shoes. They are pretty pricey. The nut head wanted forty bucks each to put new zippers on my favortie pair of Bates Ultra Lights. I told him to bite my shorts since I could go buy new ones for that kinda money. Now that was prior to Trumps Chicom tarriffs. Yikes..I
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have four pairs of flawless black boots put away--the last vestiges of the bike days. I wear a pair of brown boots now, the same type of Tyson boots, about the only thing that "feels right" after +60 years of wearing nothing but boots.

It dawned on me that since all of these Harley boots wear forever, I've probably have enough for the rest of my life. Funny how my jeans don't wear that long!
    bigwheel and Slippy like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

The first of several orders I made in a buying frenzy earlier this week has trickled in. A MagLULA for the AK.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-ak47-maglula.jpg

(I added the label to readily distinguish it from my AR MagLULA, as well as any others I may purchase in the future)
    bigwheel and whoppo like this.

Very cool. I came within about an inch of buying a semi auto military looking gun a year or so back. Then I sobered up and decided we are well enough armed around here with my trusty old thutty thutty...a couple of shotguns and pistols..semi auto .22 with a good scope and an adult springer pellet gun which runs faster than a .22 LR. My prep of the day was last Saturday whenI mowed the grass. Tall grass can allow Liberals to sneak up unawares ya know?

My prep of the day? Gardening, gardening, and more gardening! Tending young seedlings and transplanted a few into the garden. Installed more deer fencing to keep the buggers from devouring everything. Built some tomato cages from cattle panels. And built some sweet pepper cages from rebar mesh. I am actually planting about two weeks early this year thanks to global warming!
    Slippy likes this.

Was gifted a nice, used-once Koolatron peltier cooler/warmer. I had one years ago when I traveled full-time, then sold it when I got off the road. But I kept the Tripp-Lite 7amp AC converter I had purchased back in the 80s. So I dug it out and hooked it up to test this new unit. I can feel warm air come out of the vent, so supposedly it's cooling. I tossed in a fridge/freezer thermometer to monitor it. If it works, I just need to clean up the outside as the inside is immaculate. It's just been sitting for several years collecting dust. I'll need to order a replacement cord as the folks who gave it to me lost it. But it's only ten clams on fleabay.
    Annie, paraquack and soyer38301 like this.

Fired up the generator yesterday and let it run for a bit. Hurricane season is right around the corner. Double checked my stocks of candles, water, batteries, etc. Picked up my new BBQ pit and fired it up to season it. All welded construction, thing is built like a tank. 93 here today so I see BBQ, cold beer, and pool in my immediate future.
    Marica, Slippy and Annie like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Fired up the generator yesterday and let it run for a bit. Hurricane season is right around the corner. Double checked my stocks of candles, water, batteries, etc. Picked up my new BBQ pit and fired it up to season it. All welded construction, thing is built like a tank. 93 here today so I see BBQ, cold beer, and pool in my immediate future.
    What brand BBQ Pit did you get?

Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links