What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 40
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I am become concerned with the increasing crime and lawlessness in America today. Couple that with cops refusing to investigate and judges refusing to punish, ...

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree474Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

I am become concerned with the increasing crime and lawlessness in America today. Couple that with cops refusing to investigate and judges refusing to punish, makes for a very unsafe environment. I have already covered ground floor windows with bars. Now I am installing door armor and upgrading from my crappy, builders grade, cheap lock sets. Of course nothing is fool proof but, someone’s gonna have to work awfully hard to get into my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    I am become concerned with the increasing crime and lawlessness in America today.
    Fortunately I live in the 'burbs, and the cops patrol the area quite thoroughly. I also have ADT, and I leave the sign posted by our front steps so it can be seen from all passing traffic. Between those enhancements, I have "the flavor of the day knife" which is usually toasty. In fact, I have heard of only one break-in in this area in twenty years.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Fortunately I live in the 'burbs, and the cops patrol the area quite thoroughly. I also have ADT, and I leave the sign posted by our front steps so it can be seen from all passing traffic. Between those enhancements, I have "the flavor of the day knife" which is usually toasty. In fact, I have heard of only one break-in in this area in twenty years.
    I too live in a small subdivision but part of a larger city in southern AZ. The police are really very good out here and the surounding towns. Very, very few reports of breakins. I also have an fairly decent alarm system with monitoring, but I prefer to keep it on the QT. I read a article from a few guys released from prison, convicted of multiple break ins and robberies. One thing found backwards was the idea that they prefer home with marked alarm systems. It usually means the house contains something that needs protecting and is therefore valuable. A nearby city had a rash pf break ins, and by the time the PD got to the house, the perps were gone with their loot. Wish I had a better handle on which way is best, but everyone has to do what they feel best. Obviously, I try to stay low key. One thing I found interesting was a perp who would go to a mass transit parking lot in the morning, break into a car with garage door opener on the visor, look at the registration info in the glove box for the house address, then take the garage opener. They go to house open garage, pull in, close the door and loot the place. So, I don't let my garage door opener show, in the car. Another thing a lot of home owners miss is the ability to use a straightened out coat hanger to hook the emergency garage door release cord, hanging from the opener chain track. A quick tug, and they open your door. Since my dog has separation anxiety, we have the TV on when we do leave. I like to think the sound might just fool a perp into thinking someone is home. Like the saying goes, "You pay your quarter and take your chance.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I don't think a stone wall would protect a home from a professional burglar. It's the petty thief I worry about--they'll smash a 7,000 dollar dollar door for eight bucks in cash. And even inside my home I'm armed, or at least have a pistol within reach. The dog is the alarm.

I also live outside the city. In fact, the woods are directly across the road from my house. Not a park...... the woods! My township has the best police force around, but they are stretched thin. Lots of drug crime in our city and thefts everywhere to score money for a drug fix. In fact, the foreclosed property I bought (adjacent to my house) had the copper stolen soon after the last owners moved out.

But I am concerned about more than just petty crime. The left is becoming more violent with little consequence. Decriminalizing pot and mushrooms is going to add to the problems. Our society in general seems to be losing respect for the law and other peoples rights with our elected officials leading the way. So I will prep and secure my home as best I can. I’m getting too old to fight so best to have a secure house.
    inceptor likes this.

I like this thread! Lots of good ideas.

Today I took the Farmhand to a local mom & pop hardware store and we bought the stuff needed for him to build an adjustable stand for a small portable solar panel. Power tools are involved. He's excited!
    Chiefster23 and Annie like this.

Doing a full-up test of my new Lensun 100w portable solar panel. I ran the batteries in my DIY power bank down to 10.8 volts. Since the sun is out today, I hung the solar panel from a tripod on my deck and ran the cord inside to the power bank. In just an hour, it brought the batteries up to 12.1 volts.
    I gotta tell you.... that sounds like a terrible idea. When do we start?
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Speaking of being armed and secure, today I have to disarm myself. True Story.

About an hour from now I have a ten minute appointment with a surgeon to check the healing of my jaw. Now, if a drug-addict was going to hit a place it would be at a pharmacy--and this clinic has a full service pharmacy directly down a hall from their main door. However, they also have a "no weapons" policy.

Now, if I go to the doctor, it's with a long term provider who also lifts at the same gym as I do. He knows I pack, and while he has more of a leftist overall view, he understands why some people carry. Several months ago (after SSM bought out Dean), this provider told me to store my pistol in my truck. The first thing the new owners did was jack up all the rules and internal procedures. No one is happy.

So as I walk into the most dangerous place I have to go, all I will have is a Boker automatic, and hopefully, being fast on my feet.

Why do people who fear weapons first seek to disarm the very people they supposedly trust? Then one day when the really bad folks show up, everyone is endangered.

Put your gun in a small backpack and carry it with you. If they won’t ask to search it, and if they do, just refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Speaking of being armed and secure, today I have to disarm myself. True Story.

About an hour from now I have a ten minute appointment with a surgeon to check the healing of my jaw. Now, if a drug-addict was going to hit a place it would be at a pharmacy--and this clinic has a full service pharmacy directly down a hall from their main door. However, they also have a "no weapons" policy.

Now, if I go to the doctor, it's with a long term provider who also lifts at the same gym as I do. He knows I pack, and while he has more of a leftist overall view, he understands why some people carry. Several months ago (after SSM bought out Dean), this provider told me to store my pistol in my truck. The first thing the new owners did was jack up all the rules and internal procedures. No one is happy.

So as I walk into the most dangerous place I have to go, all I will have is a Boker automatic, and hopefully, being fast on my feet.

Why do people who fear weapons first seek to disarm the very people they supposedly trust? Then one day when the really bad folks show up, everyone is endangered.

you afraid some crackhead out to steal drugs is going room to room killing people? >>>> they rob the place while you're there - why would get involved?
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links