What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Jammer Six ........... If not, isolate the hot water heater. It's always full of potable water, and there are valves already on ...

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree522Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    ........... If not, isolate the hot water heater. It's always full of potable water, and there are valves already on it that isolate it.
    I'd say only 20-30% of the water heaters (not 'hot water heaters'.... why do you need to heat hot water?) in my area don't have valves on the inlet and outlets.
    Whoever said, "Life is short" didn't understand it's the longest thing you're ever going to do.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

You sound like my plumbing subs.

I never could stand plumbing subs.
    inceptor likes this.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    You sound like my plumbing subs.

I never could stand plumbing subs.
    You mean turd-herders?
    Whoever said, "Life is short" didn't understand it's the longest thing you're ever going to do.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Some days I'd wake up with a headache, and I knew I'd have to do one of two things before I felt better: get out in the left lane of I-5 and coast along three miles an hour below the limit until six different car flashed their lights at me, or get the plumber on the phone and fire him.

And I was usually too busy to drive that far down I-5.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Today I am looking into some books about medicinal plants, as I intend to improve my collection of such plants. I will plant as many as possible in pots, when I get to buy some land in the countryside, I will move them there. Same goes to non conventional eatable plants. This would be a long term investment, many of those plants you can get for free or gather on the wild, but it does take time. In case shit does not hit the fan, I will have a country house with a very nice garden someday 😉

Box of .357 Ammo for newest revolver in the clan

RAdio and reloading dies came in yesterday
    It's all true, give or take a lie or two.

Staying informed, and not letting the BS get to me. That keeps a clear head and ready for what comes next.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Bought a new war wagon 6 months ago (used cargo van for work), and it came with an inverter already installed. However, I could never get power out of it. So I decided to tackle the issue today. Either get it working, or install the one I took out of my previous van.

There was a device next to the battery that I could hear a servo motor running when I grounded it with the engine running and when I shut the engine off. So I assumed that was some sort of voltage sensor that detected higher voltage of the alternator and would send power on to the inverter. Logically, this would only allow the inverter to be powered with the engine running to prevent a dead battery. However, I couldn't get 12 volts downstream from that, so I took it out of the circuit. I landed the battery cable that went to it right to the 150a fuse that fed the inverter.

That got the inverter to actually turn on! However, no power out. Hmm. Press the 'reset' button on the GFCI and BINGO! I has electrickery!

Now to decide whether I want to leave it as is (it's a 1000w run 2000w surge) since it's a pure sine wave, and put my 2000/4000 in my pickup (modified sine wave), or still proceed with swapping the van's inverter out with my old one and have the PSW one in my pick-em-up. Either way, the work van is gonna eventually get in isolator and a second battery dedicated to the inverter.

@Jammer, I should give you the number for my plumber. Recently found one that is top notch, responsive, preemptive and reasonably priced.

When I'm slogging down I-5 with him on the phone were getting things done.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    I'd say only 20-30% of the water heaters (not 'hot water heaters'.... why do you need to heat hot water?) in my area don't have valves on the inlet and outlets.
    Since I live in southern AZ, for about 6 months of the year I have a water heater, during the other 6 months of the year,
    I have a "hot water" heater. Last months gas bill was $13. We rarely use "heated" water for washing clothes since the
    water temp averages about 100F. The biggest use of "heated" is bathing and dish washing.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links