What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 182
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by paraquack Are the wires from the house to the outbuilding barn heavy enough to handle the 3kw going back to the house? ...

Page 182 of 195 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1947
Like Tree784Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    Are the wires from the house to the outbuilding barn heavy enough to handle the 3kw going back to the house?
    I've seen a couple of people forget they needed to upgrade the wires to the proper size.
    Yep. Plenty big enough. I’m feeding a 60 amp sub panel in the barn and the genny has 30 amp breakers on the output terminals.
    Slippy likes this.

Cudos!
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Stopped at the local thrift store this morning on the hunt for bargains.

Found boxes of 200 single-use alcohol prep pads for $6. I snagged 4 boxes... more than I'll use in what's left of my lifetime.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-app.jpg

They'll get added to all my IFAKs. Around the house, in the vehicles, camping kits, backpacks, BOB, GHBs, BTNs.....
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I'm making tomato sauce. My tomato harvest wasn't huge, but I'll get a few pints out of it. I don't stick to paste-type tomatoes,when I make sauce. This year's is a mix of Super Sweet 100s cherry tomatoes, Heirloom Marriage Marzinera, Montesino, San Marzano, Cherokee Purple, and Ananas Noire. It takes longer to reduce this down to a thick sauce consistency, but the depth of flavors I get from the mix to tomatoes, plus the carmelization resulting from the longer cooking time is incredible.

I cook all the tomatoes down, run the cooled, thin sauce through the food mill several times, then put it back on the stove to reduce down to my desired consistency. Then can it.
    Annie and Michael_Js like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Stopped at the local thrift store this morning on the hunt for bargains.

Found boxes of 200 single-use alcohol prep pads for $6. I snagged 4 boxes... more than I'll use in what's left of my lifetime.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APP.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	109145

They'll get added to all my IFAKs. Around the house, in the vehicles, camping kits, backpacks, BOB, GHBs, BTNs.....
    Keep and eye on them. Having had to use them for over a year, I found that after another year, some going dry, even with proper storage.
    inceptor and Slippy like this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Keep and eye on them. Having had to use them for over a year, I found that after another year, some going dry, even with proper storage.
    I've run into the same issue.

Got quite a few chuck roast beef (on sale today), and shanks (I hardly see these babies anymore).
    More US-made products that we normally use. IAMs cat food too.
    inceptor, Slippy and stevekozak like this.

They were manufactured April 10, 2020. Expiration date April 9, 2025. I'm repackaging them into mylar pouches, 20 pads per.
    spork and Slippy like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

I met a new gun owner this morning and I took him to the range for some basic instruction and practice. He bought a 9mm but I furnished a 22 for starters. After maybe 100 rounds of 22 we moved up to his 9. He did very well for a newbie. He’s hooked! We all had a good time and now we have a new convert.
    SOCOM42, inceptor, Slippy and 2 others like this.

At TSC, I replenished the LP Gas that I burned over the past few days and then studied my Electrical Panel and made some notes on what parts of my house I will run when I get a Transfer Switch installed. emailed my electrician and hope to set something up with him over the next week or so!

For some of you folk, electrical work comes easy or you've been trained. Me, I have a huge gap in knowledge when it comes to electrical.

Also, me and Mrs Slippy went to Dollar General and bought up a bunch of cold Gatorades and drove around handing them out to Electrical Lineman from Alabama Power who were nearby Slippy Lodge working on the lines. Only 1 Crew would not take them, the others were very appreciative and we thanked every one of them for the job they do!

Funny thing, most of the Lineman we saw this am prefer the Red and Blue Gatorade! What's up with that? Me? I'm 100% the Green Original Gatorade!!!
    Last edited by Slippy; 11-01-2020 at 03:09 PM.
    Chiefster23 and inceptor like this.

Page 182 of 195 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links