What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 176
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Annie I've got about a little over $100.00 to spend on preps this week at Costco...They sent me my 5% (?) kick-back ...

Page 176 of 178 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1776
Like Tree531Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I've got about a little over $100.00 to spend on preps this week at Costco...They sent me my 5% (?) kick-back check in the mail. Still mulling it over as to what to buy. Thinking dog food, maybe. I could get 5 packs of the 24 can stuff for that amount.
    If it didn't cost more to ship it than it's worth, I'd send you what I have here. A case minus four cans. One of my dogs doesn't like it and it gives the other one the runs.
    Annie likes this.

I've been working in the garden all week. I spent the last two days digging willow roots out of one of the 4x12 raised beds. Almost all my garden refuse fit into my two compost tumblers. My garlic finally arrived and I got that planted. I need to get all my hoses drained and put away.

That is my disjointed list of random thoughts.
    Annie and inceptor like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    If it didn't cost more to ship it than it's worth, I'd send you what I have here. A case minus four cans. One of my dogs doesn't like it and it gives the other one the runs.
    Yeah, mine too. The runs...But I add the dry stuff to it and it seems to fix that problem. Maybe you could give it to your local shelter if you decide its taking up space.
    Let us use the time as best we may.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Yeah, mine too. The runs...But I add the dry stuff to it and it seems to fix that problem. Maybe you could give it to your local shelter if you decide its taking up space.
    It gives my girl the runs even mixed with dry. And, trust me, the runs are no joke on a dog with pantaloons as impressive as Shasta's. There is no dog shelter in Lincoln County, WA. I may put it on FB Marketplace for free just to get it out of my way.
    Annie likes this.

i have continued to tweak my medicinal Ginger Champane and figured out to turn the blender loose on it. its pretty stout. Finally wised up and lost the coffee filters and started using dirty panty hose like I do for wine. Much better and cheaper way to strain the stuff out of it before fermenting. Heres the recipe is anly wants it.. It can cure what ails ya and might kill old folks on certain meds.

Bigwheel's World Famous Top Secret Texas Style Ginger Champagne.

Into a quart jar dump a lady sized hand of well washed ginger root which has been pulverised in a blaender or chaopper.
    Cover with boiling water and put the lid on till it cools down.
    Dump the zest of one lime and half a teaspoon of cimmanon or a stick if you got it..in it and let it cool down total. Several hours to over night.
    Dump into a larger bowl and add the juice of the lime 1/2 cup lemon juice a teaspoon of vanilla is you like. Along with 7 Tablespoons Sugar, 2 Tablesoons Real Maple syrup or honey..one Tablespoon Malto Dextrine if you you want to to have some body but not required. Add some water to cool it down more then strain it through the panty hose back in the the original glass jar now rinsed dump in an empty 2 liter plastic bottole with a lid. Empty Vodka bottles work great. Leave a couple inches of head space and put a little dribble of Champane yeast in each bottle. Keep it warmish and out of the sus for a day or two and when the bottle gets hard as a rock its ready. If you want to drink some just leave it set out for a while and it will re-carbonate itsellf. Hiint..bread yeast makes it taste like crap. Any other aromatic spices such as nutmeg works well in it too. Whatever you like. I also put teaspoon of Xylitol in it to fight the Obummer virus. So its super healthly.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Red-Star-...ll&athena=true
    Last edited by bigwheel; 10-16-2020 at 05:48 PM.

New ‘Bulletsafe’ level IIIA body armor. Only $299 from a local dealer.
    paraquack likes this.

Having worn similar stuff..I had just about as soon take a round as have to wear it. It pinches the love handles of fat boys and makes when sweat. Best strategy is keep it in the trunk and put it one if there is a bad old deal that comes up.
    Chiefster23 likes this.

New York Finger Lakes. Where real New Yorkers live.
    My prep for the day (sort of) was to tap my latest home brew. A New England IPA that is one of my best ever! If your into craft beer, it’s 8.2% alcohol and 62 ibu. Hazy and light citrus flavor, it’s not gonna last long enough to help me long term but hey, gotta enjoy the moment.
    What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-image.jpg

Finished a project I've been putting off for months.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-can-dispenser-small.jpg

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-can-dispenser-2-small.jpg
    Last edited by Back Pack Hack; 10-17-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Finished a project I've been putting off for months.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Can Dispenser small.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	249.6 KB 
ID:	108955

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Can Dispenser 2 small.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	232.9 KB 
ID:	108957
    That is awesome.
    bigwheel and Michael_Js like this.