What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 175
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Put preps to work today - 40+ mph winds, power went out at 10am - 4:30 pm UPS kept the modem, WiFi router, and 4G ...

Page 175 of 195 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1944
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Put preps to work today - 40+ mph winds, power went out at 10am - 4:30 pm

UPS kept the modem, WiFi router, and 4G LTE Extender up and running - nothing else;
    - it also powers 1 monitor each and both are desktop computers - but we shut them down.
    Had solar lights for darker rooms
    Cell phones plugged into solar chargers

Set up the 100 watt Goal Zero solar panel and connected it to the Yeti600X solar generator - plugged the UPS into it - had 17+ hours, plus charging around 60 watts - partly sunny

About 3pm, setup and started the generator - ran it for an hour to run the water shed pump, the cistern pumps (collect property water and pump into creek), charge the Goal Zero via AC, cool down the garage freezer and the fridge in the kitchen

Had leftover soup heated on the propane stove for lunch - normal stove/oven. Oven is not usable without electricity, but we didn't need it.

Still want to change out the electric water heater for a propane one - probably cost around $700, but worth it in my opinion - next project.

Listened to music on cell phone, wife on tablet, phone, and Kindle...did extra walks with the pup, securing garden row covers and checking for tree damage - none.

All good now...
    Peace,
    Michael J.
    inceptor, Slippy, Deebo and 1 others like this.

Over the last few months we have been upping our preps here at home. More of everything with a target of being completely topped off by election day. Well election day is almost here so it’s crunch time. Over the next few days propane, diesel, and gas will be topped off. I already scheduled the propane truck to deliver this week. A trip to the butcher shop will top off the freezers. I’ve been spending a lot of extra cash but fortunately everything purchased will be used up sooner or later. A 3 month supply of dog food will be arriving soon. Meds, etc..... you get the idea. I’m hoping for the best, but trying to plan for the bad stuff I fear is soon coming. All generators tested and batteries checked. I’ve even secured the property for wintertime a little early this year so that everything is stowed and out of sight. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Over the last few months we have been upping our preps here at home. More of everything with a target of being completely topped off by election day. Well election day is almost here so it’s crunch time. Over the next few days propane, diesel, and gas will be topped off. I already scheduled the propane truck to deliver this week. A trip to the butcher shop will top off the freezers. I’ve been spending a lot of extra cash but fortunately everything purchased will be used up sooner or later. A 3 month supply of dog food will be arriving soon. Meds, etc..... you get the idea. I’m hoping for the best, but trying to plan for the bad stuff I fear is soon coming. All generators tested and batteries checked. I’ve even secured the property for wintertime a little early this year so that everything is stowed and out of sight. Fingers crossed!
    I am doing the same thing. Extra can goods and dry goods. I'll wait till about the week before the election and top off the freezers with meats. Propane, over the counter meds, gas, ammo when I can find it, are all high priorities.
    Michael_Js and SOCOM42 like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I agree, been adding to the fuel stores, making sure freezers are full. Making sure lanterns are ready batteries are charged things of that nature. We did a lot of caring and also have a Lotta canned foods and dry goods.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
    Put preps to work today - 40+ mph winds, power went out at 10am - 4:30 pm

UPS kept the modem, WiFi router, and 4G LTE Extender up and running - nothing else;
    - it also powers 1 monitor each and both are desktop computers - but we shut them down.
    Had solar lights for darker rooms
    Cell phones plugged into solar chargers

Set up the 100 watt Goal Zero solar panel and connected it to the Yeti600X solar generator - plugged the UPS into it - had 17+ hours, plus charging around 60 watts - partly sunny

About 3pm, setup and started the generator - ran it for an hour to run the water shed pump, the cistern pumps (collect property water and pump into creek), charge the Goal Zero via AC, cool down the garage freezer and the fridge in the kitchen

Had leftover soup heated on the propane stove for lunch - normal stove/oven. Oven is not usable without electricity, but we didn't need it.

Still want to change out the electric water heater for a propane one - probably cost around $700, but worth it in my opinion - next project.

Listened to music on cell phone, wife on tablet, phone, and Kindle...did extra walks with the pup, securing garden row covers and checking for tree damage - none.

All good now...
    Peace,
    Michael J.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, @Michael_Js got it goin' on!
    Michael_Js and Deebo like this.

I purchased a Lifestraw for half-price on Amazon's Prime Day special. Nine bucks was a deal I couldn't pass up.

I did the same but better yet Amazon had given me a coupon the day before for shopping with a small vendor for $10 so I basically got it for free!
    Annie and BigBadBug like this.

Super Moderator

I've got about a little over $100.00 to spend on preps this week at Costco...They sent me my 5% (?) kick-back check in the mail. Still mulling it over as to what to buy. Thinking dog food, maybe. I could get 5 packs of the 24 can stuff for that amount.
    Michael_Js and paulag1955 like this.
    If there's no second amendment, they'll be no first amendment for very long either.

Pumping up our supplies also, for the election "fallout".
    Prepping for 2 elk hunts, and a deer hunt, every week till election, PRAYING to put meat in the new chest freezer. It has been well stocked so far with small frozen dinners and a whole shit ton of green chile.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

New York Finger Lakes. Where real New Yorkers live.
    Knocked together a two part compost bin made out of pallets. Doesn’t look very pretty but it’ll do the job it is made for. Now it’s time to get serious about bow hunting for a nice doe to put in the freezer.
    Annie, inceptor and Pobilly Duke like this.

Page 175 of 195 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links