What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) - Page 163
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by paulag1955 I want to try ground beef next. My freezer here at the lake house is well stocked with beef, especially ground ...

Page 163 of 178 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1773
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    I want to try ground beef next. My freezer here at the lake house is well stocked with beef, especially ground beef, but we still haven't been able to get a freezer for the other house. So I want to can some of the beef to take back with me when I go. The ground beef and probably some of the cubed steak, which my husband doesn't seem to like. I think the canning will change the texture enough to fool him into thinking it's something else. At least I hope it does. If not, next time I'm going to have to ask for all that "cubed steak" to be turned into ground beef instead.
    I'm told that how you season it while prepping the canning process has a lot to do with it. Ok, so I forgot to season the last batch. It's straight beef just cut into chunks. That won't happen again. But, I'm still new to this so what the heck.

I bought 10lbs of chicken yesterday which I intend to can this weekend. My friend says she has canned over 120 lbs of chicken using an unusual method for raw pack. She fills the jar with chicken broth up to the head space line. She said she's never had a problem with it and loves the way it tastes so I'm going to give it a try.

Today, I am loading more AR mags, FNFAL mags, AK mags and Galil mags.

I am not breaking into sealed cases just what is in ammo cans, mags will go into those cans when filled.

The bitch is that the 50 round Galil mags are too long for the cans except the 20 MM ones.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 09-19-2020 at 07:30 AM. Reason: spelling, grammar
    Michael_Js likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    (Yesterday...)
    Yea, I knew but it reminded me of the old Operator 6 posts where he claimed several feats on most days before 5 AM. Sure miss slapping him around on occassion.
    Slippy, SOCOM42 and SGG like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I’m sure many of you have been replenishing food items and preps you used during the last lock down. And also grabbing up new items to plug up holes in your prepping plan. I have been doing the same and had a schedule in mind of topping up pet foods and freezer meats in October just prior to the election. I figured the the crazy shit would start around voting day. That all changed last nite with the death of RBG. I’m pretty sure the crazy shit will start the minute Trump announces his new pick. Time to buy now!
    SOCOM42 and Michael_Js like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    I’m sure many of you have been replenishing food items and preps you used during the last lock down. And also grabbing up new items to plug up holes in your prepping plan. I have been doing the same and had a schedule in mind of topping up pet foods and freezer meats in October just prior to the election. I figured the the crazy shit would start around voting day. That all changed last night with the death of RBG. I’m pretty sure the crazy shit will start the minute Trump announces his new pick. Time to buy now!
    You did see where the left said everything would burn if a new SCJ is appointed?

Already started on it, still a lot of what I buy is still not in stock, intermittent at best.

TP and PT are still in short supply, buying another 20 pound propane tank next trip.

Have another freezer coming in two weeks, will fill that right up.

Put some Loctite on my 10/22 rail to secure the red dot. got it dialed in then kids got to explode some old cans and punch paper.
    Amelia likes this.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Yesterdays' score: Walked into the local Big Box Home Improvement store and there was a clearance table right at the entrance. First bin was filled with back-to-school supplies, all marked down to 25¢ each. I stocked up on theme notebooks, ink pens and kiddy scissors.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-score-1.jpg

I think I spent all of eight bucks on this!

This morning, it's off to the toy show... err.... gun show. Holy crap has ammo skyrocketed! I saw, believe it or not, 9mm at $1.20/rd! .223 and 5.56 was gone..... I spotted four boxes of .223 at a reloader's table, two 20-rd and two 100-rd boxes. Never bothered to look at the price... I didn't feel like filling out a 2nd mortgage loan. This shît's gitting ca-RAY-zee.

But I did find two boxes of 44-40 for the Win 1873 (up just a couple bucks a box from 'normal'), along with some 'infinite' firestarters for BOB and GHBs. Plus a (Hungarian or Bulgarian?) nylon sling for the AK-47. I've already got it installed and boy oh boy it sure looks good on the Norinco now that she's starting to accessorize!

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-score-2.jpg

Got all this for less than a c-note. So I came home a very happy camper, despite not finding any of the .308 I was looking for.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    I'm told that how you season it while prepping the canning process has a lot to do with it. Ok, so I forgot to season the last batch. It's straight beef just cut into chunks. That won't happen again. But, I'm still new to this so what the heck.

I bought 10lbs of chicken yesterday which I intend to can this weekend. My friend says she has canned over 120 lbs of chicken using an unusual method for raw pack. She fills the jar with chicken broth up to the head space line. She said she's never had a problem with it and loves the way it tastes so I'm going to give it a try.
    I didn't season it at all other than the seasoning in the purchased broth I used as liquid. I had three jars out of 12 fail to seal, which was disappointing, so those are in the refrigerator. The ground beef itself tastes plain, but fine. No weird taste like you get in commercial canned chicken, which is what I was afraid of. Today I canned beans and carrots. So once I got over the initial fear of the pressure canner, I turned into a pressure canning machine. LOL
    inceptor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Yesterdays' score: Walked into the local Big Box Home Improvement store and there was a clearance table right at the entrance. First bin was filled with back-to-school supplies, all marked down to 25¢ each. I stocked up on theme notebooks, ink pens and kiddy scissors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Score 1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	336.3 KB 
ID:	108383

I think I spent all of eight bucks on this!
    Why kiddy scissors? Speaking of kiddy scissors, how many people here learned to cut with them? I learned to cut at home with these. What a step backwards when I started kindergarten.

What Was Your Prep Of The Day (Part 2)-20200919_171540.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Why kiddy scissors? .........
    Small.

Lightweight.

No sharp points.

Perfect for bags & kits.

Ever notice what paramedics carry? Just kiddy scissors on steroids.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Page 163 of 178 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links